Am I allowed to travel to other countries during a working holiday visa?

Remove this Banner Ad

Shueperman

Draftee
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Next year I'm planning to go on a working holiday visa in the UK. If accepted I'll be doing the Youth Mobility Scheme visa (Tier 5). Basically all I want to know is if I'm able to travel outside the UK, whilst I'm on the UK working visa? Like does the visa go on hold, or cancelled or anything like that? I just can't seem to find any information about it and would like to know what I'm getting myself into. I'll probably be over there for two years on the working visa too, so coming back to Australia at least once during that two-year period would be nice, as well as travelling Europe.

Next year I'm planning to go on a working holiday visa in the UK. If accepted I'll be doing the Youth Mobility Scheme visa (Tier 5). Basically all I want to know is if I'm able to travel outside the UK, whilst I'm on the UK working visa? Like does the visa go on hold, or cancelled or anything like that? I just can't seem to find any information about it and would like to know what I'm getting myself into. I'll probably be over there for two years on the working visa too, so coming back to Australia at least once during that two-year period would be nice, as well as travelling Europe.
Try to find out if it is a single or multiple entry visa. That is probably where your answer lies

You are free to go wherever you like. I'm on the tier 5 now and worked/travelled overseas aplenty so far.
Go where you want but you can’t pause it.

Thanks guys! Would you mind sharing with me where this information is listed online?

You are free to go wherever you like. I'm on the tier 5 now and worked/travelled overseas aplenty so far.

Awesome to hear you’re doing the visa I’m applying for. How did you find the whole process? Like was it easy to apply and be accepted? How difficult was it for you to find a job?

Thanks guys! Would you mind sharing with me where this information is listed online? ?

Disregard my comment.
It’s changed since I did it where it was straight out 2 year visa starting on entry where you could work the whole time.

Only being able to work 12 out of 24 months must be hard to manage.

Good luck and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! Would you mind sharing with me where this information is listed online?

Awesome to hear you’re doing the visa I’m applying for. How did you find the whole process? Like was it easy to apply and be accepted? How difficult was it for you to find a job?

Well, I initially accepted a job in Colombia in November with an initial plan of working there for six months, travel South America for while then move to the UK. I was left in uncertainty about what exactly was going to happen for two months before I was told my job had changed agencies and wasn't going ahead in mid January. I applied for the UK visa on a Friday and got the approval the following Friday (five business days). I left Australia in early February. It was rather seamless compared to Colombia.

I don’t know what work your doing in Colombia but for something like teaching English you can get a 6 month student visa whilst your there.

EAFIT in Medellin is easy to enroll into then get a visa and work.

How did you snag a job there?

The market is cactus and its expensive even for Brits. How the hell did you wrangle something liveable? Jealous.

You can absolutely travel to other countries during a UK working holiday visa.

Having spoken about the intricacies of the 12 months working in 24 months quirk with immigration lawyers, it's basically deliberately left open for interpretation.

For instance, there is no straight answer to something like: a daily rate contractor on a 12 month contract taking say 4 weeks unpaid holiday during it - ie would this extend the 12 months working eligibility period for another 4 weeks or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back