Am I the jerk here?

Remove this Banner Ad

i was in a relationship once for a reasonable amount of time (approx a year) and had an argument one day and we both did the were not going to call the other person until they ring or message first.

we havent spoken in 12 years.

not sure whos the bigger jerk in that one. (its her)
Ring her now......for fun

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

i was in a relationship once for a reasonable amount of time (approx a year) and had an argument one day and we both did the were not going to call the other person until they ring or message first.

What was the argument about. We need details to decide

What was the argument about. We need details to decide

about driving. she was a bit of a leadfoot in the car, i asked to her slow down a few times when she used to drive, she got upset cos she had to drive me around as i just had an ankle reco and couldnt drive. she thought as she was driving me i shouldnt criticise her.

it really wasnt all that serious

about driving. she was a bit of a leadfoot in the car, i asked to her slow down a few times when she used to drive, she got upset cos she had to drive me around as i just had an ankle reco and couldnt drive. she thought she as she was driving me i shouldnt criticise her.

Nah im on your side with this one.

I had one of those. About 25 years ago. Just stopped talking. Neither could be bothered.

Yeah i dont expect ppl with kids to be free, no way.

Gets a tad old tho if they're NEVER free.

Other way around for me.

My mates were hard to catch up with when they were single or had girlfriends.

A few have had kids and they seem to want to catch up more than usual, one was telling me how frustrated he was getting and that no one was free to do anything and my response was "our 20's was the time we all should of been hanging out".

Last edited:
Other way around for me.

My mates were hard to catch up with when they were single and had girlfriends.

A few have had kids and they seem to want to catch up more than usual, one was telling me how frustrated he was getting and that no one was free to do anything and my response was "our 20's was the time we all should of been hanging out".

I work full time (usually 50 hours a week) and have my son 5 days a week. I dont get much free time so I just let friends know I may come along but will confirm either way as soonas I can.

"hey, who's free for the pub tonight?"
"Yeah"
*Proceed to message missus whilst we're out*

Does anyone else find this extremely ******* annoying?

I don't care who you are texting, if we're going to the pub and you're just going to sit on your phone the whole time you can *en stay home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care who you are texting, if we're going to the pub and you're just going to sit on your phone the whole time you can fu**en stay home.

My mate who comes to the footy maybe once a year with us spends half the time looking at her phone. :tearsofjoy:

Doesnt worry me in the slightest- as a rule at the footy, phone stays in my bag except for quarter/half times.

about driving. she was a bit of a leadfoot in the car, i asked to her slow down a few times when she used to drive, she got upset cos she had to drive me around as i just had an ankle reco and couldnt drive. she thought as she was driving me i shouldnt criticise her.

I'm on her side here.

"hey, who's free for the pub tonight?"
"Yeah"
*Proceed to message missus whilst we're out*

Does anyone else find this extremely ******* annoying?
How much messaging though?

Like if you get a message and respond and go back to the convo no big deal. If you spend the whole time on your phone not talking to your mates more annoying

If they then tell you to shut the * up then you shut the * up and don't keep going on about it. He said he mentioned it a few times which she then has every right to get upset. She is doing him a favour- not the other way around.

How much messaging though?

Like if you get a message and respond and go back to the convo no big deal. If you spend the whole time on your phone not talking to your mates more annoying
Every 10-20 minutes let's say. Doesn't seem like much, but you're out with the blokes for a few hours for one night, how hard can it be to not be in contact ffs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back