Am I the jerk here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Every 10-20 minutes let's say. Doesn't seem like much, but you're out with the blokes for a few hours for one night, how hard can it be to not be in contact ffs?
Unless you really need to or urgently txt someone, i agree. Phone can stay in your pocket*

*unless for BF checks

What are they showing you on their phones thats so god damn amazing?
Not my group exclusively but it's all s**t like..
"Have you seen this tik tok"
"Have you seen this artwork on Instagram"
"Have have you seen this thing on youtube"
"Here's something funny I saw"
Etc etc.

When one spends a heap of time on their godforsaken phone, I guess that's all they've got to talk about.

Not my group exclusively but it's all sh*t like..
Etc etc.

When one spends a heap of time on their godforsaken phone, I guess that's all they've got to talk about.

Yeah couldnt be less interested.

I very rarely hit "play" on youtube vids posted on here.

Not my group exclusively but it's all sh*t like..
Etc etc.

I know people in their early 30's who are like this.

I had a friend message me on Thursday asking if I wanted to come around for a catchup on Saturday evening. I told him that I was going to Rockhampton, about an hour's drive, for the day but that should be fine. He messaged me about midday asking how things were in Rocky and whether I was still good for tonight. I messaged him back, "Yep. For sure". I got home about 5 and texted him, "Is 6 ok?" No answer. I call about 6 but no answer. He still hasn't replied. I know he's seen my text because he's posted on Facebook which I know he only does on his phone. One of the things he posted was this.

Screenshot_20210116-234129_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't know whether that was a message for me that he wasn't up to getting together. I get if he's depressed but does that preclude him from basic manners and a simple text, "Sorry mate. Not up to it", which I would have been fine with? Am I being a jerk in feeling a little pissed off?

I had a friend message me on Thursday asking if I wanted to come around for a catchup on Saturday evening. I told him that I was going to Rockhampton, about an hour's drive, for the day but that should be fine. He messaged me about midday asking how things were in Rocky and whether I was still good for tonight. I messaged him back, "Yep. For sure". I got home about 5 and texted him, "Is 6 ok?" No answer. I call about 6 but no answer. He still hasn't replied. I know he's seen my text because he's posted on Facebook which I know he only does on his phone. One of the things he posted was this.

View attachment 1041757

I don't know whether that was a message for me that he wasn't up to getting together. I get if he's depressed but does that preclude him from basic manners and a simple text, "Sorry mate. Not up to it", which I would have been fine with? Am I being a jerk in feeling a little pissed off?
"Nah mate, not feeling it" takes all of five seconds. Unless someone close to him has dropped dead, he has no excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1041757

Nope, don't blame you.

Ok. Now I know people don't think I'm being a jerk what should my next step be? Send him a text telling him I'm pissed off or wait until next time he contacts me then mention it?

I would just text that what he did wasn’t very cool and that you would have appreciated a text saying that it wasn’t possible to meet up .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back