Current Amanda Knox

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes me think the Italian authorities have some other evidence, if they can extradite her, she'll be found guilty and get a hefty term, whilst i'm not across every aspect of the case she certainly number one suspect and the men involved haven't put her in yet.

Bob, this is an interesting case but for now can you provide some background to your thoughts.

Do you think she should be extradited to Italy for the retrial?

I've read that there is "no chance" the US will agree to extradite her, as they dont believe in being trialed for the same crime twice- that double jeopardy stuff. (Btw- do we have that here?)

The actual crime is horrific- evidence of rape and the victim actually being held down while being stabbed over and over again. Something about "sex games"- and a theory that the victim didnt want any part of it, hence they killed her??

I've read that there is "no chance" the US will agree to extradite her, as they dont believe in being trialed for the same crime twice- that double jeopardy stuff. (Btw- do we have that here?)

The actual crime is horrific- evidence of rape and the victim actually being held down while being stabbed over and over again. Something about "sex games"- and a theory that the victim didnt want any part of it, hence they killed her??

Yes, in state law not enshrined in an amendment to our Constitution. Australian states have avenues to have a retrial if there is compelling new evidence (e.g. DNA) or contest a verdict if it is proven tainted evidence was given to the jury.

The question of should be extradited and will be are different. I don't think she can be looking at the fifth amendment, if the extradition treaty contradicts the constitution the constitution will have to stand. But that's for the lawyers to earn millions squabbling over.

I have nurtured such an enormous crush on Foxy Knoxy since this whole thing broke and I covereed little bits and pieces on the UK side.

She never did it.

They have already locked up the bloke who did it - the African guy.

Amanda Knox is guilty of openly admitting to smoking weed and shagging a guy she'd known for a few days. In Italy, bad call, especially with a weirdo prosecutor who takes Occam's Razor and does the opposite.

No way she'll ever be extradited.

Leave the poor girl to try and rebuild her life. Under my gentle yet unyielding touch.

Foxy does have a problem now in that she can probably never leave the States. Certainly not to a country with an extradition treaty with the EU.

The things I would eat out of Amanda Knox's butt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think guilty - otherwise she's a very strange girl. Interesting case though and living in Florence currently its been an interesting few days with the appeal being held here and lots of media, police etc.

Just on double jeopardy, shouldn't come into play at all as she was never actually acquitted under the terms of double Jeopardy, not that it applies in Italy anyway.

Quite a few things don't add up, the stark one for me would be her alibi that she spent the night at her boyfriends and returned to her house the following morning for a shower. In her police statement she said that upon arrival at the cottage she found the front door not just unlocked but open. So she went to have a shower, there was quite a bit of blood in the bathroom (where the killer had washed up).. She proceeds to take a shower in said bathroom before returning to her boyfriend's to tell him that she thinks there has been a robbery at her house. Now, I don't know anyone who would come home to an open door, proceed to the bathroom where there is blood in the sink and on the floor, and have a shower before returning to the boyfriend - particularly a 20/21 girl on her own. Her rationale was that "I thought maybe one of the girls (room mates) had her period..."

Lots of other things, the fact that phone records showed that whilst she was in Italy her phone had never been switched off in the whole time, and her boyfriend was the same, yet between 8:30pm and 6am on the night of the murder both phones were switched off. Bit coincidental. Then there's the mixed blood (Kercher and Knox) on the floor outside of the locked bedroom where the body was. And the "fake" break in which was after the room had been ransacked, ie window glass on top of the stuff that had been strewn around the room to make it look like a robbery.

A lot of it is circumstantial, and maybe she is just odd, but her excuses don't seem to add up. This is worth a read: http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/The_Evidence

Her media interviews have always given me the impression of a person not telling the truth.
my mom also thought lindy chamberlin was guilty. and none of the lawyers in my family ever offered ant repost on tenets on criminal law and determining guilt thru personality types

just because one does not act the way people perceive that a witness should act, either innocent party or culpable counter party, then, that does not axiomatically indicate a guilt.

well, Berlusconi does have the benefit of his media empire to pump his forza Italy party

Very true he is certainly very well placed to influence things in Italy and not just politics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back