Amazing coincidences in football

Remove this Banner Ad

For Richmond games -

If the team kicking the first score in a match is a behind then they must kick the first goal or they lose, unless they are first to 100. A proven fact, there might be an odd game out but I don’t remember when it last happened.

Any code or way we can verify this? Would love to see the percentages
So: For Richmond games
If: The first score of the match is a behind
Then: That team must also kick the first goal otherwise they lose
Unless: They reach 100 first

Any code or way we can verify this? Would love to see the percentages
So: For Richmond games
If: The first score of the match is a behind
Then: That team must also kick the first goal otherwise they lose
Unless: They reach 100 first

Guess go on Fox and watch replays of the first quarter....

Has anyone ever seen an official attendance exactly on the one thousand number, e.g. 21,000? If we see that we will automatically think it is a crowd estimate. But it must come up sometimes.

For Richmond games -

If the team kicking the first score in a match is a behind then they must kick the first goal or they lose, unless they are first to 100. A proven fact, there might be an odd game out but I don’t remember when it last happened.
Just so I can check it out

I am looking for games where teams
A) kick the first score (which must be a behind)
B) don’t kick the first goal
C) don’t reach 100 first

And then seeing if they win or lose

Just so I can check it out

I am looking for games where teams
A) kick the first score (which must be a behind)
B) don’t kick the first goal
C) don’t reach 100 first

And then seeing if they win or lose

Yes.
If the first score is a behind then that team must follow up with the first goal. If they don’t do that then only way to win is to score 100 first. Sounds crazy, but I have observed this pattern for many many Richmond games....

Yes.
If the first score is a behind then that team must follow up with the first goal. If they don’t do that then only way to win is to score 100 first. Sounds crazy, but I have observed this pattern for many many Richmond games....
Had a look at it back to the start of last year
R3 2021 - Richmond v Sydney - Richmond first score, not first goal, not first to 100, lost
GF 2020 - Richmond v Geelong - Geelong first score, not first goal, not first to 100, lost
PF 2020 - Richmond v Port Adelaide - Port first score, not first goal, not first to 100, lost
R17 2020 - Richmond v Geelong - Geelong first score, not first goal, not first to 100, lost
R8 2020 - Richmond v GWS - GWS first score, not first goal, not first to 100, won
R3 2020 - Richmond v Hawthorn - Richmond first score, not first goal, not first to 100, lost

1-5 in games that applied to from what I could tell. Would be interesting to see how this looks further back and for all cases but pretty tedious to do that manually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look at it back to the start of last year
R3 2021 - Richmond v Sydney - Richmond first score, not first goal, not first to 100, lost
GF 2020 - Richmond v Geelong - Geelong first score, not first goal, not first to 100, lost
PF 2020 - Richmond v Port Adelaide - Port first score, not first goal, not first to 100, lost
R17 2020 - Richmond v Geelong - Geelong first score, not first goal, not first to 100, lost
R8 2020 - Richmond v GWS - GWS first score, not first goal, not first to 100, won
R3 2020 - Richmond v Hawthorn - Richmond first score, not first goal, not first to 100, lost

1-5 in games that applied to from what I could tell. Would be interesting to see how this looks further back and for all cases but pretty tedious to do that manually.

Did you find any games where the team who scored first was a behind and then not kick the first goal and not first to 100 and still win?

Even you knew numbers that would be the end of every decade.

The true times start at 1 and go to .0

I think (though probably incorrect)most people count 0 as the start of the decade.

But to save argument only five clubs have won the Premiership with the year ending in 0.

Bloody Collingwood invited Carlton in the elite group in 1970 and almost let in St.Kilda in 2010.

Has anyone ever seen an official attendance exactly on the one thousand number, e.g. 21,000? If we see that we will automatically think it is a crowd estimate. But it must come up sometimes.

Fun fact.

Apparently the height of Mount Everest, when measured decades ago, came up to exactly 29,000 feet. But because of the "exactness" of the number, it was thought that people would assume it was an estimate and not an exact figure. So they changed it to 29,002.

As for footy, myself and one other person attended the 2007 Geelong-Collingwood preliminary Final which had 98,002. So it's all my fault.

Fun fact.

Apparently the height of Mount Everest, when measured decades ago, came up to exactly 29,000 feet. But because of the "exactness" of the number, it was thought that people would assume it was an estimate and not an exact figure. So they changed it to 29,002.

As for footy, myself and one other person attended the 2007 Geelong-Collingwood preliminary Final which had 98,002. So it's all my fault.

Yes, it's nice to look back at historical attendance figures from the past and think "my late grandfather was one of those people", etc. Interesting story about Mount Everest.

In 2003 Lions lost first final to the Pies by 15 points (69-54) then went on to win flag. In 2020 Tigers lost first final to Brisbane by 15 points (66-51) and went on to win the flag.

In 2019 Richmond lost a mid-season game to the Cats, with the Cats kicking 8.4.52 to 1.2.8 in the 3rd quarter. Tigers went on to beat them in the PF and won the flag. In Round 8 2021 Cats thrashed the Tigers, in the 3rd quarter kicking …. You guessed it …. exactly 8.4.52 to 1.2.8…..

Couldn’t happen again …. Could it ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There has been an iconic grand final each time a Shrek movie was released

2001 - Shrek
Brisbane win the first of 3 consecutive premierships

2004 - Shrek 2
Port Adelaide win first flag

2007 - Shrek the Third
Geelong break 43 year drought

2010 - Shrek Forever After
The last drawn Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad