Amazing teams that could have been...

Who's to say you wouldn't be able to make that percentage elsewhere after a huge win? Or do you think the winning/losing margins are going to stay exactly the same win or loss? One game can still be the difference in this little hypothetical. Otherwise what are you doing here, instead of stirring up s**t as usual?
Hang on Thrawny.

You're saying my argument is crap coz if we'd beaten you who's to say what the other results would be?

Um. So. Your argument that we'd have made finals is crap coz who's to say what the other results would be.

:D brilliant as always mate.

Hang on Thrawny.

You're saying my argument is crap coz if we'd beaten you who's to say what the other results would be?

Um. So. Your argument that we'd have made finals is crap coz who's to say what the other results would be.

:D brilliant as always mate.
Might want to find out what thread you're in, mate.

Of course this isn't the first time Bombers supporters were clueless on BF. Still supporting Hirdy and the "didn't know what we took, but know it wasn't banned" excuse?

Y'know, sometimes I wish that it was only one game that we won so you'd ruin it for everyone else wishing Carlton to have a completely winless season.

Of course this isn't the first time Bombers supporters were clueless.

Y'know, sometimes I wish that it was only one game that we won so you'd ruin it for everyone else wishing Carlton to have a completely winless season.
Wait.

So it's ok for you to post in this thread about this stuff but if I do it's bad?

Thrawny go have a lie down. Clearly you've been on the sauce tonight, this is a new level of stupidity even for you.

Wait.

So it's ok for you to post in this thread about this stuff but if I do it's bad?

Thrawny go have a lie down. Clearly you've been on the sauce tonight, this is a new level of stupidity even for you.
Even for me?

This is coming from the bloke who green-lighted Hird and the club's excuses. Frackin' hilarious.

When's the last time you've actually posted anything of substance (pun not intended)?

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Of course this isn't the first time Bombers supporters were clueless on BF. Still supporting Hirdy and the "didn't know what we took, but know it wasn't banned" excuse?

lol Carlton 1999-2000-2001 = biggest pretenders in footy history

Even for me?

This is coming from the bloke who green-lighted Hird and the club's excuses. Frackin' hilarious.

When's the last time you've actually posted anything of substance (pun not intended)?
I did no such thing. I've maintained throughout both Hird and the club made mistakes.

Resorting to lies Thrawny. How sad.

And the guy that is clinging to a loss as proof his team would've won a Grand Final probably shouldn't be claiming people need to post something of substance.

I did no such thing. I've maintained throughout both Hird and the club made mistakes.

Resorting to lies Thrawny. How sad.

And the guy that is clinging to a loss as proof his team would've won a Grand Final probably shouldn't be claiming people need to post something of substance.
Might want to read the discussion again, carefully this time. Never said "would've won", I said "greatest chance to win from the other teams". There are no "givens" in footy - that's why the '08 GF is such an important example.

At least Dave has sensible discussion.

You?

You're like way below DapperJong - at least he's funny. You just try too hard.

Might want to read the discussion again, carefully this time. Never said "would've won", I said "greatest chance to win from the other teams". There are no "givens" in footy - that's why the '08 GF is such an important example.

At least Dave has sensible discussion.

You?

You're like way below DapperJong - at least he's funny. You just try too hard.
Oh sorry Thrawny when you said Carlton would've made Essendon s**t their pants and used Geelong 2008 losing I assumed you meant Carlton would've won.

But isn't this thread about amazing teams that could've been? You're saying Carlton probably wouldn't have beaten Essendon anyway? So how is a team likely to fail consider an amazing team that could've been?

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
In that time period, the only year Richmond can really boast about having it over Carlton is 2001 (where they got into a prelim). Also, the final W:L margin in those three years is 3-3.
If Richo didn't miss almost all of 2000 Richmond would have won both times, anyway winning a final is the only thing that matters

Oh sorry Thrawny when you said Carlton would've made Essendon s**t their pants and used Geelong 2008 losing I assumed you meant Carlton would've won.

But isn't this thread about amazing teams that could've been? You're saying Carlton probably wouldn't have beaten Essendon anyway? So how is a team likely to fail consider an amazing team that could've been?
That's your fault for not comprehending my original post on this thread where I clearly said: I have no doubt we would have made Essendon s**t their pants in the GF with a fully fit team with Koutoufides, anything could've happened on that day. That's not the same as saying "Carlton would've won", you peanut.

Your 2nd statement is void given you can't seem to read properly.

If Richo didn't miss almost all of 2000 Richmond would have won both times, anyway winning a final is the only thing that matters
Doubt he would have made the difference of a 51 and 73 point margin, especially with SOS manning him (who kept him to two goals in his final game in the 2001 SF).

That's your fault for not comprehending my original post on this thread where I clearly said: I have no doubt we would have made Essendon s**t their pants in the GF with a fully fit team with Koutoufides, anything could've happened on that day. That's not the same as saying "Carlton would've won", you peanut.

Your 2nd statement is void given you seem you can't seem to read properly.
You're in the wrong thread mate.

It's not titled "teams that would've scared superior opposition on Grand Final day but ultimately come up short."

You're in the wrong thread mate.

It's not titled "teams that would've scared superior opposition on Grand Final day but ultimately come up short."
Essendon's 2000 is one most dominant seasons ever by a club in the history of the competition.

Are you telling me that a team overcoming them in a GF would not require something amazing?

Get outta 'ere.

Yet when Richo was fit, Richmond flogged Carlton twice in 2001
Richmond in '01 defeated Carlton by 27 and 11 points, not really a flogging, Richo didn't do much in those games either. Could just as easily say that if Matthew Knights didn't fall over Kouta's knee and caused an ACL injury, Carlton may have won that SF.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond in '01 defeated Carlton by 27 and 11 points, not really a flogging, Richo didn't do much in those games either. Could just as easily say that if Matthew Knights didn't fall over Kouta's knee and caused an ACL injury, Carlton may have won that SF.
Lol Carlton were never anywhere near Richmond in the 2001 final, Kouta is the most overrated player of all time played half a decent season in 2000 and Carlton supporters act like he was a superstar

Lol Carlton were never anywhere near Richmond in the 2001 final, Kouta is the most overrated player of all time played half a decent season in 2000 and Carlton supporters act like he was a superstar
The final margin was 11 points and the margin was constantly swinging between 1-2 goals all day. I was at the game, you obviously weren't.

You probably weren't even born yet, so I'll excuse your ignorance.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The final margin was 11 points and the margin was constantly swinging between 1-2 goals all day. I was at the game, you obviously weren't.

You probably weren't even born yet, so I'll excuse your ignorance.
Lol Carlton supporters trying to argue that they have been anywhere close to decent side since the mid 90s, Richmond won in 01 without ever leaving first gear

Lol Carlton supporters trying to argue that they have been anywhere close to decent side since the mid 90s, Richmond won in 01 without ever leaving first gear
They were more decent than Richmond was at the time, Carlton's 99 - 01 record is clearly superior. Richmond never had "more gears", otherwise they would've been more competitive vs Brisbane in the PF and not shat on by Essendon in the QF. They didn't even make finals in '99 and '00, so that's 2/3 where Carlton had better years.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
They were more decent than Richmond was at the time, Carlton's 99 - 01 record is clearly superior. Richmond never had "more gears", otherwise they would've been more competitive vs Brisbane in the PF and not shat on by Essendon in the QF. They didn't even make finals in '99 and '00, so that's 2/3 where Carlton had better years.
Yet Carlton couldn't even beat Richmond in a final during that era

Back