Toast Ameet Bains Worship Thread (feat. STK list mgmt team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo is the guy to deserve this type of thing. Patient, undemonstrative. A real footy bloke. His plan on top of the Pelican's original one is panning out pretty well. Finally we are developing guys. I have followed our club for 50 plus years and we have never developed our players like we seem to now.

I love Richo, has impressed me right from the beginning.
He, Summers, Bains and Trout....no obvious egos there, just a great partnership quietly getting things done.

Destination club. St Kilda should become a separate state.
About bloody time. I love the Saints more than is good for me. But they have been so frustrating. We have shot ourselves in the foot that many times. We aren't there yet, and maybe don't get there. But we are giving ourselves every possible chance. I am all for the build that lasts. No quick fixes.

Surely he goes back home to run Carlton next? I just hope we can hang onto him for a couple more years to really see the build through.
Yes, he was a fanatic Blues man. Hopefully seen the light if he's tried to trade with those campaigners. Hey, I got campaigners into a sentence!

Yes, he was a fanatic Blues man. Hopefully seen the light if he's tried to trade with those campaigners. Hey, I got campaigners into a sentence!

That's not hard you campaigner. 5 words was all I needed. You need to work on word efficiency

Couldn't be happier about the state of our list ATM, still need a few more players. Gun mid and younger KB to aid Carlisle, club has done an awesome job in the last 4 years

The last time we had a worship thread for a list manager he got the chop (Pelchen). don't you think we should keep this our secret? :p

If he does such a good job, he will be pached

Going to be on SEN after 8am

Just caught the last few minutes...gee he speaks so well.
Reiterated that we have no interest in Rockliff, couldn't say what was going to happen with Fish when asked if they would rookie him like Schneids
( somehow I doubt it) and gave nothing away regarding any interest in Fyfe.
Mentioned that he has had talks with the Bulldogs and they'll sort out Koby Stevens in a few days. It will happen but obviously no rush there.

I came into the conversation late so didn't hear anything about trying to work back into the first round but he has said that before, so here's hoping for another interesting few days.

Keep a kid on, folks.

We have been active for sure, but time will tell. Great work from the team.

Very exciting.

I know there's been some ongoing banter between EFC and STK about last year, (although I honestly always thought it was win/win for both clubs), but just wanted to drop in and say what a great job Bains is doing, particularly this year, but also in building a balanced list, which is a concept a few clubs *cough*carlton*cough*collingwood* haven't come to terms with yet.

The reaming of Hawthorn in that trade was the cherry icing on the cake though, delicious! Good luck for next year guys, I am completely sincere in saying that I am looking forward to Big Jake clunking them and kicking them and enjoying his footy again. You're gonna love him (even more than you do now), trust me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vebBYsn1xotbfptpT4kaTuk37nsgTmEgeNkAFT1aibC9LRIq-LHK4LplqT31uVLmP5Ham5IL1EmwtpThi9c_6OOWbWpaF58el-t8HU278CXFvA0SOY2OlP59=w300-h194-nc
:eek:

Yep. Saints are making out like bandits. The real genius may be seen next year when Hawthorn who have torn their club apart trying to lure in Jaeger, send you their first round pick which will be tied to a much lower position. The two first rounders will put you in a very strong position if someone like Nat Fyfe wants to come to Melbourne... credit where credit is due.

I haven't felt this optimistic about the club since the early weeks of the 2004 season. Seems like we've only been improving over the past couple of years and there should be a bucketload more of that to come in 2017 with Carlisle, Steele, Stevens and Freeman all essentially new recruits. Add on fitter, stronger versions of Paddy, Acres, Billings, Gresham and McKenzie and we've got a team that should be playing finals. We'll have genuine depth with about 30 players who you could make a very strong case for being 22 and that should hold us in good stead in case of injuries, which the Bulldogs showed this year is of massive importance.

I haven't felt this optimistic about the club since the early weeks of the 2004 season. Seems like we've only been improving over the past couple of years and there should be a bucketload more of that to come in 2017 with Carlisle, Steele, Stevens and Freeman all essentially new recruits. Add on fitter, stronger versions of Paddy, Acres, Billings, Gresham and McKenzie and we've got a team that should be playing finals. We'll have genuine depth with about 30 players who you could make a very strong case for being 22 and that should hold us in good stead in case of injuries, which the Bulldogs showed this year is of massive importance.

Also any good draftees usually provide depth in key areas, e.g. Gresh, Sinclair in their first year. So, something to really get excited about

Jack Steele.

Koby Stevens.

Pick 10 for a future first and two second rounders.

Sign Nathan Brown for nothing.

Increased our overall draft position, added to the midfield depth and signed a key defender basically for free. Pretty much everything we did we got for cheap.

All I wanted from this trade period was a real focus on mids. Steele, Stevens, two second rounders and two firsts next year which I'm sure will all be used on midfielders, jeez you couldn't ask for much more than that.

Stoked.

Jack Steele.

Koby Stevens.

Pick 10 for a future first and two second rounders.

Sign Nathan Brown for nothing.

Increased our overall draft position, added to the midfield depth and signed a key defender basically for free. Pretty much everything we did we got for cheap.

All I wanted from this trade period was a real focus on mids. Steele, Stevens, two second rounders and two firsts next year which I'm sure will all be used on midfielders, jeez you couldn't ask for much more than that.

Stoked.

By trading in 2 second rounders this year and having two first rounders next year - we've effectively got Steele and Freeman for nothing.

Freeman pick is 23 this year. Steele pick is 36 this year. Two first rounders are just both next year instead of this year.

Koby for a packet of chips and Brown for literally free.

:thumbsu:

By trading in 2 second rounders this year and having two first rounders next year - we've effectively got Steele and Freeman for nothing.

Freeman pick is 23 this year. Steele pick is 36 this year. Two first rounders are just both next year instead of this year.

Koby for a packet of chips and Brown for literally free.

:thumbsu:
Original flavoured chips too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back