Society/Culture Amen and Awomen

Remove this Banner Ad

sorted:

It's here https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-resolution/8/text

One tiny section. ONE TIIIIINY section.

Out of 500 lines, here it is:

(e) Gender-Inclusive Language.—
(1) In clause 1(c)(9) of rule X, strike “seamen” and insert “seafarers”.
(2) In clause 4(a)(1)(B) of rule X, strike “Chairman” and insert “Chair”.
(3) In clause 8(c)(3) of rule XXIII, strike “father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, half sister, grandson, or granddaughter” and insert “parent, child, sibling, parent’s sibling, first cousin, sibling’s child, spouse, parent-in-law, child-in-law, sibling-in-law, stepparent, stepchild, stepsibling, half-sibling, or grandchild”.
(4) In clause 10(b) of rule XXIII—
(A) strike “submit his or her resignation” and insert “resign”;
(B) strike “he or she serves” and insert “such Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner serves”; and
(C) strike “he or she holds” and insert “such Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner holds”.
(5) In clause 15(d)(2) of rule XXIII, strike “father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, husband, wife, father-in-law, or mother-in-law” and insert “parent, child, sibling, spouse, or parent-in-law”.
(6) In clause 4 of rule XXVII, strike “himself or herself” and insert “themself”.

10 lines.

The word "Gender" is mentioned twice.

And this applied to the Office of the Whistleblower Ombudsman.
No you are wrong.

That is clearly a sign of the end of the world.

Edit:

LOL Okay just noticed the bit about "Office of whistleblower ombudsman" and realised this stuff will never be used anyway. US whistleblowers don't last long enough to talk to an ombudsman these days.

It says they'll be changing it, I couldn't see where it says why?

Are people no longer fathers, mothers, sisters or brothers?

They now cater to those who don't identify with gender specific language, what about the vast, vast majority of individuals who do identify with their sex as their gender and want to use their pronouns?
So if an official document refers to you as a parent that will offend you? Cos that is what it boils down to.

So if an official document refers to you as a parent that will offend you? Cos that is what it boils down to.
I am a male and so my pronouns are father, he, uncle, man, etc. I'd like to be referred as so.

Do my views not count because I only fall into the >99% of the population who do identify as a gender specific pronoun?

Last edited:

No, we are all "shmeeeee". This is how I expect everyone to address everyone else. With a rising inflection like "shmeeEEE".

This is the most practical method.

It says they'll be changing it, I couldn't see where it says why?

They now cater to those who don't identify with gender specific language, what about the vast, vast majority of individuals who do identify with their sex as their gender and want to use their pronouns?
So if someone indicated to your car and pointed to you saying "this belongs to them", you would be confused? Offended?

And?

Apart from potentially grooming you, which is creepy and probably not ethical or legal for someone in his position, what is wrong with trying to get someone to think about things in a different way?

Also why is it that gender and labour relations are the same thing? Marxism is a particular analysis of the dynamic between labour and capital based on one person's life experience, and it was developed nearly 200 years ago, when the world was very different. As a result we saw revolutions but we also saw Marx influence capital and as result people like Henry Ford, who was basically a fascist, paid his workers very well. partly cos he owned most of the businesses they spent their money in but also because he got that an economy that wasn't dependent on slaves or foreign conquest needed to have strong internal consumption and that workers needed more economic power to enable that. It meant unions in countries like Australia could eventually demand fair wages for workers by showing the real examples of revolutions inspired by the massive inequality and unfairness that Marx was calling out.

There is no sexual spectrum. If biological sex is defined by reproduction (which it is, its the language used), then organisms that reproduce sexually can only do so with male and female cells. But that only refers to reproduction. Everything else is a bit more complex.

There are gender spectrums and differences in sexual expression tho. Even with sexual dimorphism there are people who are intersex - ie they don't express either biological sex "accurately'. its rare that intersex people can breed tho. I'm unaware of it ever happening.

Gender is a cultural or social construct. Its about how cultures determine female and male roles and behaviours. Its not dependent on male or female qualities tho. Different societies across history have had different ideas about gender, to a point. Obviously biological reproduction has a bit to do with how that pans out. Recognising all these things, cos they are there and exist, then acknowledging them is not the same as social engineering.

Unless you include teaching and trying to make your kids as smart and functional as possible in the field of social engineering, in which case bring it on, we need more of it.
A few points.

You are trying to WIN an argument and therefore, changing the goal posts.

Good luck to you.

I am a male and so my pronouns are father, he, uncle, man, etc. I'd like to be referred as so.

Do my views not count because I only fall into the >99% of the population who do identify as a gender specific pronoun?

it's an interesting point. it's difficult terrain to navigate in a way that avoids stepping on any toes at all. plenty of people are indifferent, others have squeakier wheels.
i think it may be the case that while you're >99% of the population who identify with a gender specific pronoun, it's a different type of majority to the majority of the population that has no issue to the term 'parent' instead of father.

cis-gender i find particularly interesting and would never use it to describe myself. it doesn't change someone's gender but adds another descriptor. it remains to be seen whether it gains widespread use.

When are you expecting documents from the Office of the US Whistleblowers Ombudsman?

No one is banning anyone from calling you a dad.

sorted:

It's here https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-resolution/8/text

One tiny section. ONE TIIIIINY section.

Out of 500 lines, here it is:

(e) Gender-Inclusive Language.—
(1) In clause 1(c)(9) of rule X, strike “seamen” and insert “seafarers”.
(2) In clause 4(a)(1)(B) of rule X, strike “Chairman” and insert “Chair”.
(3) In clause 8(c)(3) of rule XXIII, strike “father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, half sister, grandson, or granddaughter” and insert “parent, child, sibling, parent’s sibling, first cousin, sibling’s child, spouse, parent-in-law, child-in-law, sibling-in-law, stepparent, stepchild, stepsibling, half-sibling, or grandchild”.
(4) In clause 10(b) of rule XXIII—
(A) strike “submit his or her resignation” and insert “resign”;
(B) strike “he or she serves” and insert “such Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner serves”; and
(C) strike “he or she holds” and insert “such Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner holds”.
(5) In clause 15(d)(2) of rule XXIII, strike “father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, husband, wife, father-in-law, or mother-in-law” and insert “parent, child, sibling, spouse, or parent-in-law”.
(6) In clause 4 of rule XXVII, strike “himself or herself” and insert “themself”.

10 lines.

The word "Gender" is mentioned twice.

And this applied to the Office of the Whistleblower Ombudsman.

You are confused. The changes to RULE XXIII CODE OF OFFICIAL CONDUCT apply to the conduct of the whole House Of Reps not just the Whistleblower Ombudsman.

You are confused. The changes to RULE XXIII CODE OF OFFICIAL CONDUCT apply to the conduct of the whole House Of Reps not just the Whistleblower Ombudsman.
My God you’re right!

It’s a nightmare!

:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back