Other America’s Cup 2021

Who will win?

• Team New Zealand, RNZYS (Defender)

• Luna Rossa, CdVS (Challenger of Record)

• Ineos Team UK, RYS

• American Magic, NYYC

• Stars & Stripes Team USA, LBYC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone interested in this? Shaping up as a bit of a cracker. The AC75s are a pretty exciting class and given its unproven nature all the teams have slightly different designs. I can’t remember the last time I was this excited for the Cup.

Anyone going over? My cousin lives in Auckland and I’ve had her spare room booked for about three years. Hopefully the travel restrictions don’t interfere.

Anyone interested in this? Shaping up as a bit of a cracker. The AC75s are a pretty exciting class and given its unproven nature all the teams have slightly different designs. I can’t remember the last time I was this excited for the Cup.

Anyone going over? My cousin lives in Auckland and I’ve had her spare room booked for about three years. Hopefully the travel restrictions don’t interfere.

Enjoyed watching the SailGP cats (sadly only on TV) & I like you am a bit excited about seeing these AC75's fly around.

Love it, my earliest recollection goes back Gretel & Sir Frank Packer - John Bertrand calls the Americas Cup the F1 of yachting & the evolution of both sports is eye watering.

Sadly I wont get there, & based on Fremantle 1986/87 & it was party time. Get there Caesar, & take your credit card.

Very similar history as Kwality, I think some of my brain cells are still sleeping under the trees at the Esplanade in Freo.

This competition needed a kick in the guts, it had become a bit meh. Will keep a close eye on it.

Just one thing, do it all on the water, not in the court / protest room.

Oh by the way I just thought, what’s happening with the Sydney Hobart this year ?. Any hinderances due to Covid ?.

Very similar history as Kwality, I think some of my brain cells are still sleeping under the trees at the Esplanade in Freo.

This competition needed a kick in the guts, it had become a bit meh. Will keep a close eye on it.

Just one thing, do it all on the water, not in the court / protest room.

Oh by the way I just thought, what’s happening with the Sydney Hobart this year ?. Any hinderances due to Covid ?.

Todays high tech versus the 12 metres is chalk & cheese & my interest fell away - the current racing is awesome.

Racing in a World Series starts on the 17th of December

It's going ahead, but there are pretty heavy restrictions on shoreside spectators in accordance with COVID-19 restrictions.

Only two supermaxis this year (InfoTrack and Black Jack). Eight TP52s including double defending champ Ichi Ban.

Just watching a bit of it now. Amazing to see boats going downwind & having the main traveller to windward of the centreline, the apparent wind these boats generate must be incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyed the tacking duel in the 3rd race today.

Also good to have expert commentators who know their s**t.

Next racing is on Wednesday assuming the COVID outbreak in Auckland doesn't spread.

ETNZ has the fastest boat IMHO, just need to get their starts right.

Starts are a worry. 3-3. Not surprised it's close. Spithill's a good skipper and NZ have looked rusty which he's taken advantage of. ETNZ looked great when they won the start. Exciting series.

Back