Solved The Murder of Gabby Petito

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the police might think Gabby was murdered between 25th and 29th August, I'm assuming this will play in to the murder charge later in that he'll be accused of callously using her cards after he's killed her. Here's a timeline:

July 2021: New adventures
August 12, 2021: Disorderly conduct stop
August 19, 2021: Posted a "Van Life" video
August 24, 2021: Credible witness sighting in Salt Lake City
August 25, 2021: Gabby's last Instagram post
August 27, 2021: Gabby's mum gets an odd text she says wasn't from her daughter
August 29, 2021: Brian Laundrie witnessed hitchiking alone
August 30, 2021: Another text sent to Gabby's mum
September 1, 2021: Brian returns home
September 11, 2021: Gabby reported missing
September 15, 2021: Laundrie is made a person of interest
September 16, 2021: A presser as a plea for help in finding Gabby
September 17, 2021: Where is Brian?
September 19, 2021: Remains found
September 21, 2021: Gabby is identified
September 23, 2021: Arrest warrant issued
I listened to the going west podcast on Gabby, they brought up that her phone liked a photo on an Instagram account she had been following on the 27th.
She had liked a heap of their photos over the previous year.
It’s not complete proof but it’s a different level to pretending to text as someone else.

Last edited:
Would it not be fairly common for someone to have authorised access to their spouse's bank account / bank cards. How is this a crime? I thought it would be classified as joint property once they're in a domestic relationship.
Your personal credit card in your name isn't for anyone else to use unless authorised. I hope that's a very rare arrangement anyway. I can't imagine saying to my partner "I can use your credit card as it's joint property". Ouch!

I’m still confused as why it took so long for her to be reported missing. 🥴

So her family did something wrong?

Her boyfriend snuck back home and kept his return quiet after the family got a text message saying there was no service in the area she was in.

So her family did something wrong?

Her boyfriend snuck back home and kept his return quiet after the family got a text message saying there was no service in the area she was in.
When you’re in contact with your daughter a few times a week and then don’t hear from her for 2 weeks I reckon it’s a bit odd.

When you’re in contact with your daughter a few times a week and then don’t hear from her for 2 weeks I reckon it’s a bit odd.
Indeed, especially as they would be watching the Instagram account daily too and it suddenly stopped with the updates.
Neighbours apparently saw him return and if I was her parents I reckon I would’ve driven past the house just out of curiosity.

Last edited:

Twelve days isn't that long if you assume she's safe with her boyfriend and the last text you got was that they had no service. I can imagine what the police would have said trying to report your 22yo daughter missing in those circumstances? Do you report the boyfriend missing as well? Both?

Indeed, especially as they would be watching the Instagram account daily too and it suddenly stopped with the updates.
Neighbours apparently saw him return and if I was her parents I reckon I would’ve driven past the house just out of curiosity.
Pretty sure they live in New York, he lives in Florida with his parents, so a bit hard to drive past.
But I’d certainly be making a few phone calls.

Twelve days isn't that long if you assume she's safe with her boyfriend and the last text you got was that they had no service. I can imagine what the police would have said trying to report your 22yo daughter missing in those circumstances? Do you report the boyfriend missing as well? Both?
Without being in their position it’s hard to know exactly what you do, but I can’t imagine I’d be waiting that long.
The point is really moot anyway not much would have changed in the resulting outcome, other than he may be in custody already.

It sounded like she was a bit of a troubled young woman. In a relationship that had a lot of conflict and the parents were worried about it. But young people want to make their own decisions and particularly don’t like parental interference. I’m guessing they didn’t want to hassle her too often and pressure her with their messages so it was really only in hindsight that they questioned the last messages they received about “no reception” etc.

It sounded like she was a bit of a troubled young woman. In a relationship that had a lot of conflict and the parents were worried about it. But young people want to make their own decisions and particularly don’t like parental interference. I’m guessing they didn’t want to hassle her too often and pressure her with their messages so it was really only in hindsight that they questioned the last messages they received about “no reception” etc.
Listening to the podcast it seems like it was Gabby initiating the contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There seems to be a lot of sinister goings on in them thar parts, that's four with three definite murders, I wonder what this man died from.

Hopefully, for the sake of justice.

1000’s of these must happen in the US every year tho, strange this one gets so much attention.

Last week on cnn they were talking about how much attention this story has received compared to other similar cases especially on social media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back