Solved The Murder of Gabby Petito

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
The longer time goes by without any solid leads, the more I'm inclined to think he's dead.

It's harder than ever to not leave a trail and unless there's evidence of a major withdrawal of cash by the parents at the right time (or even a major loan possibly), I can't see how he has enough money to survive for long or get very far. He doesn't seem to have shown up at any relatives' places and (presumably) there's been no activity on his account or his parents account that has raised any suspicions.

Either way I think it's looking less and less likely that he's alive and still in the US. If he is alive, I think by now he'd have to be out of the country as I doubt very much if he could stay hidden for long in the US

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
They've found articles belonging to Laundrie at Myakkahatchee Park, which adjoins the Carlton Reserve, which is where the parents originally told the police he'd gone and where the parents collected the Mustang from.

EDIT: Medical examiner called to the park as well...

EDIT 2: I reckon they've found him, deceased

EDIT 3: Now reports the coroner has been called there

EDIT 4: Partial human remains found

Last edited:
If it’s Laundrie we will probably never know his motive (if it was him who killed Gabby).

If they positively identify the body as Laundrie, cause of death and how long ago he died will be interesting.

One can only hope he was killed by an alligator and that his last moments were of sheer terror.
Mate, we don't even know he killed her. It's the likely outcome but let's not jump to conclusions.

What if autopsy results on any human remains belonging to Laundrie indicate he was also strangled?

Unlikely, sure. But let's not jump to conclusions.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Mate, we don't even know he killed her. It's the likely outcome but let's not jump to conclusions.

What if autopsy results on any human remains belonging to Laundrie indicate he was also strangled?

I reckon if he was innocent, his parents would have been far more helpful.
If there’s an open an shut case it’s this one.

Didn't the autopsy show she'd been strangled? If he didn't do it, who did?

But, what doubts do you have? Are they enough to provide an acquittal? (Even allowing for the crazy American legal system?)
You need to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. There is no evidence. You are basing this on suspicion.

Back