Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
NFL

ESPN
NFL Redzone every Monday morning, Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, Thursday Night Football. NFL Kickoff Special, 1 Thanksgiving Afternoon game and every Playoff game including the Superbowl. ESPN Studio shows NFL Countdown, NFL Live, NFL Primetime, NFL Films Presents. Also includes live coverage of the NFL Draft and Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Also streamed on WatchESPN available from Foxtel or Fetch TV.

7Mate
3 Games every Monday morning including Sunday Night Football, NFL Kickoff special and all 3 Thanksgiving day games. Every Playoff game including the Superbowl.
Americas Game, Sound FX and Hard Knocks.
Rights expire after the 2018/19 season, Only in SD

Streaming

NFL Gamepass
Watch every NFL game live or on demand from preseason to Superbowl. NFL Redzone Live and on demand. 24/7 live stream of NFL Network. full game archives dating back to 2011. Condensed versions of games, Local radio calls and Coaches film included.
On demand NFL Network shows including Americas game, A Football Live, NFL Timeline, Superbowl replays and NFL Total Access
7 Day free trial. Subscription cost $279.99 includes access till July 31, 2018. Mid-season price cuts available at a later date.

College Football

FoxSports
Apart of the Foxtel sports package
FoxSports have a contract with the Pac-12 to show 1 game per week and episodes of the Drive. However outside of the games played in Australia none have been live. The contract also includes the ability to show games on the Foxsports website, but not currently listed.

ESPN
Apart of Foxtel sports subscriptions, or with FetchTV
Live and delayed/replays of select College Football games, College Football live studio shows, College Gameday and the Heisman trophy presentation. Including College Football Playoff games and most bowl games including the New Years Six bowls.

Streaming

WatchESPN includes live streams of the Australian ESPN and ESPN2 networks, While the FAQ claim to have ESPNU, ESPNews and SECNetwork they currently are still missing.
WatchESPN also streams all games shown on ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, SECNetwork and ACC Network in America and College Gameday and Notre Dame home games and some ESPNU and ESPNews games. Games are archived for on demand viewing.

Pac-12 Networks. available from youtube currently free, but could just be this week
Includes a 24/7 livestream of the Pac-12 Network including live games, 60min condensed versions of all games including ESPN/Fox broadcasts. Pac-12 Network exclusive shows including the Dive, replays of classic games. Football in 60 and the Drive are uploaded but is inconsistent.

Big10 Network $19.95 USD per Month, $119.95 USD per Year
BTN2GO International shows all BTN games live and on demand games from Fox/ESPN/CBS from approximately 5PM AEST. Also includes a 24/7 live stream of BTN, archives of classic games in condensed formats and other network exclusive programs

Not shown in Australia

Fox
25 Big10 games a year on including the Big10 Championship game and priory selections for games most weeks
Pac-12 up to 22 games a year, including game of the week. and Pac-12 Championship game in even years.
Big12 up to 38 games a year, including some pick of the week games
Foster Farmers Bowl game, Holiday Bowl,

CBS
15 SEC games of the week, and the SEC Championship game. All Navy Home games
Sun Bowl, Arizona Bowl and Cure Bowl

Canadian Football

CFL games available on WatchESPN, with select games on ESPN or ESPN2 including the Grey Cup in November.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
How you go about Fox games aussiedude ? Surely you watch them.
I used to have a family member who lived in the US. but this year im going to be using a VPN and a Over the Top streaming service.

I'll be interested to see what direction the FTA rights take once the current contract runs out.
Given CBS just bought Ten they might look into it, under the current deals they dont have any of the sporting rights that CBS all access has in the US. so if CBS launch all access in australia it wont have sport till new deals are done. and if they do i doubt they will show all CBS games, it will likely just be 2 a week. NFL wouldnt allow it since they sell gamepass.

But the NFL might also ask too much for them next time and a channel either cuts back on coverage or skips them.

Given CBS just bought Ten they might look into it, under the current deals they dont have any of the sporting rights that CBS all access has in the US. so if CBS launch all access in australia it wont have sport till new deals are done. and if they do i doubt they will show all CBS games, it will likely just be 2 a week. NFL wouldnt allow it since they sell gamepass.

But the NFL might also ask too much for them next time and a channel either cuts back on coverage or skips them.
I'm fearing the latter.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I used to have a family member who lived in the US. but this year im going to be using a VPN and a Over the Top streaming service.

Can you explain that stuff for me, how much we talking?

I'm fearing the latter.

Nah, I reckon they get decent ratings on their NFL stuff to be honest. They seem to advertise it a fair bit on the footy etc and it feels as if the popularity of American Football is getting better over here

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
A site that I found last year works well. https://www.nflfullhd.com/ Not sure if you guys know of it or not, its a stream but you can watch it later - like after work. You dont have to watch the games live

The Mods didnt want links to illegal streams.

Otherwise i would of posted a few more for college games.

College Football

FoxSports
Apart of the Foxtel sports package
FoxSports have a contract with the Pac-12 to show 1 game per week and episodes of the Drive. However outside of the games played in Australia none have been live. The contract also includes the ability to show games on the Foxsports website, but not currently listed.

Has this ever aired?

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Used the Pac-12 networks youtube channel on the weekend to watch the Ducks - couldn't fault it (lovely HD stream) - hopefully it'll remain free or at least available.
Its been there for about 3 years now, Seems like it might be free for the season. I would love them to put the regional networks on there one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NERDY

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2009
Life of Leisure.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Rockets, Oregon Ducks, Inter.
Used the Pac-12 networks youtube channel on the weekend to watch the Ducks - couldn't fault it (lovely HD stream) - hopefully it'll remain free or at least available.

Yeah I used this to watch Oregon as well. Stream was quality, could not fault the broadcast.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
7 took foxtels games really. So I wonder if Foxtel will take it back
No they didnt. 7 took the package Ch10 had. ESPN bought the pay TV rights in Australia and replaced the 1-2 games a week with Redzone and all playoff games. on top of the couple of playoff games and SNF/MNF/TNF

FoxSports would only show 1 game most weeks and might show 2 games a handful times of year. Fox Sports showed the first season or few of TNF games. then ESPN took them in like 2010.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
My mistake.

10 use to show the sec game of the week on cbs back in the day. Think they only did it for a year
That was the first year they had the NFL rights. they also showed 1 regional CFB games a week, generally from "Fox College sports" in the 3:30PM window which was like 5AM for us. but that might of been only when there was 1 SEC on CBS game a week

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back