Other American Football - Broadcast info NFL/NCAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
NBC isnt paying so much money to Blackledge and Noah Eagle, just to hire Al Michaels for a playoff game.
They want that Big10 on NBC crew to one day takeover SNF. and give them NFL opportunities once the CFB season is over to prevent other networks from poaching them.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
NBC isnt paying so much money to Blackledge and Noah Eagle, just to hire Al Michaels for a playoff game.
They want that Big10 on NBC crew to one day takeover SNF. and give them NFL opportunities once the CFB season is over to prevent other networks from poaching them.

I think Tirico has a long time with NBC now being the voice of their Olympics coverage etc.

Two years in now and I've really started to love him with Collinsworth. It was an adjustment getting used to something else for SNF but he really is great.

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
Armchair experts is a great show - just two people who are genuinely passionate about the sport have a chat about football. Take this over all the hyperbole filled ESPN and FS1 shows that’s for sure

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
CBS feels likely. They are looking to refresh the pregame show and move on from Phill Simms and a couple of others. And is in New York.

FOX is in LA don't see Bill going out west. Same with NFLN

NBC is also in New York but no one watches FNIA since the late games are still on for the first half.

ESPN would love him but will go over budget getting Saben, but would love a mid week show with Bill and Saben talking football and schemes kinda like NFL matchup or playbook

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
couldn’t Bill go in a booth? Couple of options there I reckon? A lot of noise about Nantz and Romo for them to not make some sort of change (even though I don’t hate them) and then TNF on Prime

TNF Al Michaels with BB

GOAt coach and GOAT Caller calling Panthers vs Cardinals can you imagine that

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
If Amazon made a move they would go after Olsen and Fox cant block it under the deal he signed after Brady. He can leave to be a networks A team when he gets dumped to Fox's B team. He also goes from $10m this year to $3m on Fox's B crew.

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
CBS feels likely. They are looking to refresh the pregame show and move on from Phill Simms and a couple of others. And is in New York.

FOX is in LA don't see Bill going out west. Same with NFLN

NBC is also in New York but no one watches FNIA since the late games are still on for the first half.

ESPN would love him but will go over budget getting Saben, but would love a mid week show with Bill and Saben talking football and schemes kinda like NFL matchup or playbook

I can never find the pre game show ratings but I’d assume FOX pre-game smashes CBS generally? Both have way too many people but FOX seems like they have genuine chemistry

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
If Amazon made a move they would go after Olsen and Fox cant block it under the deal he signed after Brady. He can leave to be a networks A team when he gets dumped to Fox's B team. He also goes from $10m this year to $3m on Fox's B crew.

I get that but I’d imagine Amazon makes a change for long term talent like Greg after Al Michaels’ final year of his contract. Hence, the very long shot possibility of Bill.

In saying that if I am Greg I wouldn’t sign with Amazon until I know their view on who will be calling games post next year. ESPN had the worst booth after Trico and then Gruden left it was so s**t for so long

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I can never find the pre game show ratings but I’d assume FOX pre-game smashes CBS generally? Both have way too many people but FOX seems like they have genuine chemistry
Fox get about 4.5m for the pregame and CBS about 3.4m

ESPN Sunday countdown about 1.3m, NFL Gameday about 5-600k

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I get that but I’d imagine Amazon makes a change for long term talent like Greg after Al Michaels’ final year of his contract. Hence, the very long shot possibility of Bill.

In saying that if I am Greg I wouldn’t sign with Amazon until I know their view on who will be calling games post next year. ESPN had the worst booth after Trico and then Gruden left it was so s**t for so long
I have no issue with Herbie, but i dont think he works well with Al Michaels. they need a new PBP more then color coms.

I would love Kevin Harlan to get a A team spot but with his NBA commitments and radio he seems happy being the CBS C team.
NBC is grooming Noah Eagle to take over from Turico in the next 5-10 years.

Dan Orlovsky is another name that keeps bouncing around for TV jobs but i think he stays at ESPN and does the ESPN B team for now. Who knows how much longer Joe and Troy will work ESPN have their Superbowl in 27 but by the 2031 they could be retired. Could see Troy and Joe stepping down after the 27 Superbowl as a 50/50 chance.

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
I think Joe and Troy are that far ahead as the best calling team. Which shows how much they have grown on me - I hated them when I first started watching 13 years ago.

I reckon they have got significantly better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back