Other American Football - Broadcast info NFL/NCAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Does anyone know a good spot to stream the audio commentary of games?
Gamepass has radio coverage of games now. i think it has both local and the westwood if its a national game.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Are espn the only ones broadcasting the nfl this year ?
I think so. I havent heard anything about any FTA network picking up the rights. and 7's contract expired. Given they overspent for the cricket and are cutting production costs on AFL i dont think they will re-up since the NFL would prob ask for a bigger fee.

And with ESPN now showing 2 Sunday afternoon games rather than Redzone it points to them being the only broadcaster showing the NFL.

i hope they get the rights to show the Fox NFL Thursday games on the 4K channel since Fox are starting to produce those games in 4k this season.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
So now there isn't going to be redzone?

A bloke last week posted in the preseason thread that there would be... I will find you and I will kill you.

I warned people about a month ago, Redzone was gone from ESPN in favor of games.

Whoever said that it was there was using old info likely from last season.

Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
76ers, Kansas City Chiefs
Kayo are still advertising NFL RedZone as part of their package:

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kayo is Foxtel isn't it? So redzone is only happening on their streaming platform ? Ridiculous if so.
It wont be on Kayo either. if it was it would also be on WatchESPN for Foxtel subs. Where alot of stuff that Foxtel subscribers get that Kayo dont.
Kayo must be using the same old info from last season, and just changed the year expecting nothing to change in the rights.

Gamepass will be the only place to watch Redzone this season unless something unexpected changes

Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
76ers, Kansas City Chiefs
It wont be on Kayo either. if it was it would also be on WatchESPN for Foxtel subs. Where alot of stuff that Foxtel subscribers get that Kayo dont.
Kayo must be using the same old info from last season, and just changed the year expecting nothing to change in the rights.

Gamepass will be the only place to watch Redzone this season unless something unexpected changes

Foxtel and Kayo would want to pull their respective website mentions of RedZone in their included packages pretty quickly then. I know multiple people who have signed up for Foxtel recently under the impression that RedZone will be available to them this season. A few cancelled subscriptions might be coming if this is true; ACCC and all that jazz.

This was taken from Foxtel's website just this morning:

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Foxtel and Kayo would want to pull their respective website mentions of RedZone in their included packages pretty quickly then. I know multiple people who have signed up for Foxtel recently under the impression that RedZone will be available to them this season. A few cancelled subscriptions might be coming if this is true; ACCC and all that jazz.

This was taken from Foxtel's website just this morning:

View attachment 730502
Its prob just bad communication from ESPN. They are not even advertising the extra games on their own channels yet. just that the NFL returns September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Damn it Redzone on a Monday morning before work was mint.

Is the PAC12 network still on the 7+ streaming network?
Yeah i think so, not that its anything new. its been on Youtube for 4 years now.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Didn’t really know where to put this so asking here.

Any good NFL podcasts out there? I’ve done a bit of a search on Spotify and found a few but there’s always some hidden gems out there.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Any good NFL podcasts out there? I’ve done a bit of a search on Spotify and found a few but there’s always some hidden gems out there.

I've been listening to Around the NFL lately which is great.

Listened to 'Pardon My Take' which is a general US sports one which has pretty much sat on the top of the sports charts for 3 years running.

Losing RedZone really is a shame. NFL guarding their broadcast rights to encourage uptake of Gamepass.

Bloody pricey for only one sport though - not sure I am up for it.

Try the Essentials package. Around $90-100 and you get Redzone and both 5 min game highlights and condensed games (40 mins) which shows every play with ads cut out.

Possibly dumb question but is RZ on demand on this package or live only.

That’s actually a good question and one I asked their Support team. After reading their response I though great, but re-reading I’m not sure when replay will be available.

Response was...”NFL RedZone can be viewed live as well as replays are available to watch later.”

So not sure if I get up 6-7am on a Monday whether I can start watching from the start as I used to do on ESPN.

Edit: I’ve actually just gone back to them to clarify

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2006
Oz
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando Magic, Baltimore Ravens

Good is subjective and it depends what kind of conversation you like.

I think The Ringer NFL Show with Robert Mays and Kevin Clark, The Mina Kimes Show and The Bill Barnwell Show are the best ones that talk mostly football. Ryen Russillo is very good too but he jumps around a lot of sports.

Other options could be:
The GM Shuffle with Michael Lombardi and Adnan Virk
ESPN NFL Live
The MMQB NFL Podcast
Around the NFL
Locked on NFL
Pro Football Focus Podcast

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I think this thread might be getting retired, just to clean up the pinned threads and we cover broadcast info in the NFL/CFB weekly threads. any questions tend to get asked and answered there.

but looks good peterbuch74

Remove this Banner Ad

Back