Other American Football - Broadcast info NFL/NCAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno, he was having a bitch about it as he went over the schedule saying "how many ******* packages am in for this year?" and came up with 4.... all why saying he's never found Tom Brady interesting in the slightest and he has no idea why a broadcaster would pay him that much money.

Was a good melt 👍

He's spot on about Brady lol. I can't believe they're paying him that much money. Was thinking earlier today how disappointing it is that Buck/Aikman are done at FOX. Burkhart and Olsen were fine but they're not really a 1 team imo. Brady will be average and might build into it.

He's spot on about Brady lol. I can't believe they're paying him that much money. Was thinking earlier today how disappointing it is that Buck/Aikman are done at FOX. Burkhart and Olsen were fine but they're not really a 1 team imo. Brady will be average and might build into it.

He said they are pairing Brady with Burkhart. I do like Kevin. Feel bad for Greg who I thought had done pretty well in his two years doing it. No guarantee Brady is better, could be another Drew Brees fail.

Yeah right, so what is that all exactly?
Are FOX, CBS, NBC not just standard like FTA is here?
Then you need cable for ESPN I guess, and a streaming service in Amazon for TNF.

But I guess that doesn't mean you have every game live, can't you just get Sunday Ticket or whatever it's called?

If that was the set-up for Aussie Rules here we would be f’ed. I've commented elsewhere if the league puts games behind a streaming service the ratings will plummet.
Fox and CBS will get you 2 early games and 1 late game, NBC for SNF are OTA but for some reason many americans dont have antennas anymore and Fox and CBS dont do free streaming you need to log in with a cable account for Fox and paid Paramount+ for CBS and are only for games on your local network. ESPN and NFL Network are paid, then Amazon. and DirecTV's Sunday ticket is like $300 a year for out of market games and then an add on for redzone. Sunday Ticket will move to Amazon or apple next year but doubt prices will go down.

AFL will go down that route, i dont think it will be the next broadcast deal they are working on. [i feel Fox sports and Ch7 will re-up, even with Ch10/Paramount+ going for it. Apparently Paramount+ is a mess and nightmare to use] but the next one in 5 years or so will be split up and dont think anyone will have all 9 games like Fox currently do.

Fox and CBS will get you 2 early games and 1 late game, NBC for SNF are OTA but for some reason many americans dont have antennas anymore and Fox and CBS dont do free streaming you need to log in with a cable account for Fox and paid Paramount+ for CBS and are only for games on your local network. ESPN and NFL Network are paid, then Amazon. and DirecTV's Sunday ticket is like $300 a year for out of market games and then an add on for redzone. Sunday Ticket will move to Amazon or apple next year but doubt prices will go down.

AFL will go down that route, i dont think it will be the next broadcast deal they are working on. [i feel Fox sports and Ch7 will re-up, even with Ch10/Paramount+ going for it. Apparently Paramount+ is a mess and nightmare to use] but the next one in 5 years or so will be split up and dont think anyone will have all 9 games like Fox currently do.

Yeah got it. So most have FOX/CBS/NBC at the minimum then the serious fans have Sunday ticket and it depends on the house for cable/ESPN.

Yeah I agree re: AFL, it'll take til the next rights imo. I don't think Australia is ready for that yet tbh. Paramount sounds like a complete shitshow from what I'm assuming we've both read mate. I'm old school for some reason and love my Foxtel box and not relying on a stream, I hate being 15 seconds plus behind on Gamepass even though I do choose that over Foxtel for NFL.

Cat Please GIF by Atinum

Not anything ground breaking, but was just listening to Roman Harper on a podcast and he said there is no way in hell Brees is playing football again and hes 100% not going back to NBC, its just Drew trying to control the narrative coz his pride has taken a hit after being told he wasn't good as an analyst.

Love that a former teammate wasn't afraid to say how it really is.

Not anything ground breaking, but was just listening to Roman Harper on a podcast and he said there is no way in hell Brees is playing football again and hes 100% not going back to NBC, its just Drew trying to control the narrative coz his pride has taken a hit after being told he wasn't good as an analyst.

Love that a former teammate wasn't afraid to say how it really is.
That’s a spot on take …and childish reaction from Brees. This is why you think Brady must have been given a thorough audition before they paid him that much.

That’s a spot on take …and childish reaction from Brees. This is why you think Brady must have been given a thorough audition before they paid him that much.

Harper had some interesting thoughts on Brady too, talked about how Brady has always said his Dad was his hero, because he was always there at all his games growing up etc no matter where they were played, Harper thinks Brady will want to do that for his kids too, so hes not sure how long he'll last in the broadcast booth, said it could work, but there is a lot more work than people imagine. (Harper is an analyst for college football just for everyone's information)

Harper had some interesting thoughts on Brady too, talked about how Brady has always said his Dad was his hero, because he was always there at all his games growing up etc no matter where they were played, Harper thinks Brady will want to do that for his kids too, so hes not sure how long he'll last in the broadcast booth, said it could work, but there is a lot more work than people imagine. (Harper is an analyst for college football just for everyone's information)

Would be fine to see his kids play on a Friday night then fly to the necessary city on the Saturday for the game and production meetings, no?

I'm keen to see the next group of guys who are good become 'the guys' though. Olsen I didn't love as much as others but he will be pretty good I think. Gus Johnson and Aquib Talib is awesome and I feel like they should call some high octane offense game every week just going off.

Brees was a disgrace, and Brady will be s**t. Damien Barrett actually made a good point on Tom Brady today, he said 'everyone that doesn't support either of the teams he's played for hates him'. Which is true but on the topic of him actually being good as an analyst and having an interesting personality, all you had to do was watch his shithouse ESPN doco series to see how boring he is.

Would be fine to see his kids play on a Friday night then fly to the necessary city on the Saturday for the game and production meetings, no?

I'm keen to see the next group of guys who are good become 'the guys' though. Olsen I didn't love as much as others but he will be pretty good I think. Gus Johnson and Aquib Talib is awesome and I feel like they should call some high octane offense game every week just going off.

Brees was a disgrace, and Brady will be s**t. Damien Barrett actually made a good point on Tom Brady today, he said 'everyone that doesn't support either of the teams he's played for hates him'. Which is true but on the topic of him actually being good as an analyst and having an interesting personality, all you had to do was watch his shithouse ESPN doco series to see how boring he is.

Im just relaying what Harper said, not my opinion, I dont know how much goes into it behind the scenes but he would being an analyst himself.

TV production stuff normally starts mid-week. They will do some phone stuff on the Wednesday or Thursday. then most of the time get to watch a practice on the friday or the walkthrough on Saturday mornings. then in-person meetings with coaches and players they asked for earlier in the week for the players were granted access to. It might be a bit easier now that some teams have been doing them virtual for 2 years

The good crews will also watch the last 2-3 games for both teams early in the week before the first production meeting.
most of the stuff talked about in production meetings or seen at practice doesnt make it to broadcast because of how secretive coaches are and the broadcasters dont want to risk nuking a relationship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont mind this at all

Wonder if they will move Levy and Orlovsky together on College games.
I would of liked the Mark Jones/RG3 team to be given a chance. or at least have them given better CFB games

Wow so Buck and Aikman aren't even calling every MNF game? That's so weird.
They are. ESPN have 2 double headers this week. one in week 2 where they start about 30mins apart and a Saturday double header in December.
Also ESPN is doing one of the international games

They are. ESPN have 2 double headers this week. one in week 2 where they start about 30mins apart and a Saturday double header in December.
Also ESPN is doing one of the international games

Right, got you mate. I think one of the international games is still a MNF game though?

Right, got you mate. I think one of the international games is still a MNF game though?
yeah the Mexico game. but one of the london games is a ESPN+ exclusive.

The Saban v Jimbo stuff is great TV right now.
Saben still having a sook about A&M using NIL to poach commits?

You know as if Alabama hasnt been paying under the table before NIL for decades. its just they balked at the price.

Amazon hired free agent CB Richard Sherman for its Thursday Night Football broadcasting team.​

The 34-year-old will continue to train and is open to returning to the field as a player, but should the opportunity not come, Sherman will head into an analyst role for pregame, halftime, and postgame duties. Taking over Thursday Night Football starting this season, Amazon has already landed Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit as it's play-by-play duo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back