Other American Football - Broadcast info NFL/NCAA

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford

That would be big for Apple. I still think Amazon or Disney will get it.

Disney would feel like they cant afford to let Apple get a big sport like the NFL. I know Skipper left ESPN years ago, but he has said his biggest regret was letting the Big10 start their own network [which they then sold to Fox] because it let Fox in the door with the Big10 and they are now the main rights holder for them.
I think that Ourand has also said he heard something similar about Amazon/Disney not wanting Apple to get their foot in the door.

Whoever wins the price will stay the same if not cost more. so Americans will still pay like $400 a year for it.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Disney would feel like they cant afford to let Apple get a big sport like the NFL. I know Skipper left ESPN years ago, but he has said his biggest regret was letting the Big10 start their own network [which they then sold to Fox] because it let Fox in the door with the Big10 and they are now the main rights holder for them.
I think that Ourand has also said he heard something similar about Amazon/Disney not wanting Apple to get their foot in the door.
Baseball doesn't count?

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Baseball doesn't count?
its like 2 games a week. and no one really cares who gets a few baseball games. everyone has the baseball.
Youtube, Facebook, Peacock all have had games.

the MLS deal is bigger for Apple than the baseball games.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
As long as they dont sell the Gamepass subs too. because if Apple or Amazon get those they will skyrocket and price some countries out.

Because there is talk that Amazon or Apple could also buy as much as 50% of NFL Media.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there an app available to watch College games live like the GamePass for NFL etc? I know Kayo show certain games but am wanting a bit more access than that
sadly no. a foxtel sub has access to WatchESPN. but thats still just ESPN network games.

Mar 28, 2012
3rd spooky castle on left
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Steelers Perth Scorchers
sadly no. a foxtel sub has access to WatchESPN. but thats still just ESPN network games.
Bummer. Have started to watch more College games over the past couple seasons (And really enjoying it), whereas previously I was strictly NFL. Was hoping I would be able to have access to any live game I want with an app/streaming site similar to that of the NFL Gamepass but all good. Thanks for the quick response

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
the best way to get access to all games would be to get a few people together and split a youtube tv sub and make it a family plan. since that has the local networks CBS, ABC, Fox and has the ESPN Networks plus access to WatchESPN, FS1 and FS2 and BTN, and CBSSN

but its like $80-$90 a month.

If we could get 3-4 people to share i would be willing to join.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
the best way to get access to all games would be to get a few people together and split a youtube tv sub and make it a family plan. since that has the local networks CBS, ABC, Fox and has the ESPN Networks plus access to WatchESPN, FS1 and FS2 and BTN, and CBSSN

but its like $80-$90 a month.

If we could get 3-4 people to share i would be willing to join.

Oh so that would be more than one person able to access at a time?

How would VPNs work? Can you just access on a computer then cast to your TV/Apple TV easily?

I'd be moderately keen if it wasn't too much ******* around.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oh so that would be more than one person able to access at a time?

How would VPNs work? Can you just access on a computer then cast to your TV/Apple TV easily?

I'd be moderately keen if it wasn't too much ******* around.
Just a VPN and either web browser, or the youtube TV app.

the Youtube TV app is locked to US stores so either sideload or make a new google account set to the US and download the app that way.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Its pre season so not really a judge of the if people are going to watch. It was my team and i watched like first ten minutes pre season is so boring.
Preseason games are still more heavily watched than NHL, NBA and MLB finals. But yes, too early to criticize Prime broadcasts, not after a debut preseason game.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

The TNF slate still isnt great. but will be interesting to see how it goes vs the NFL Network exclusive games. clearly they wont get the numbers the NFLN/Fox games got.

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
So kept away from all early game results thinking I’ll wait until Redzone is finished. So go to ESPN app which has Redzone but appears no longer offer replay option …ficking aholes
Have they ever? I don't believe they ever had on demand replays of NFL games. Not sure whether redzone was either.

Have they ever? I don't believe they ever had on demand replays of NFL games. Not sure whether redzone was either.
YEah last season you could watch the replay once games were over. But Gamepass is better because you can start re-watching from anytime. Was hoping to avoid signing up but no choice in the end

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
YEah last season you could watch the replay once games were over. But Gamepass is better because you can start re-watching from anytime. Was hoping to avoid signing up but no choice in the end
Watch ESPN is pretty trash. I just have redzone rolling the tablet while flicking between the life games

Back