amos' Round 3 and 4 review

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to be too critical of this round. Coaches are looking for different things, which makes the drafting in LFFL so great as not everyone is just drafting mids, mids and more mids. Favourite picks; Round 3; Dayne Beams. Round 4; James Sicily.

19. Animals run wild - Toby Greene (GWS): Solid, would have been on most priority lists as a back forward in the least. Don’t mind it as he’ll give you some big games.

20. Broome Bears - Angus Brayshaw (MEL): Some massive games in the second half of last season has seen his stocks rise. He’s probably a 10 point players better than his numbers for 2018 suggest. He’s a jet and will be fun watching Oliver, Viney and Brayshaw fight over the +3s from Big Max. I like it.

21. South-Eastern Polar Bears - Dayne Beams (COL) – Bang. Nailed it. Gun Captaincy option. Loved the pick and should have considered for my CC.

22. Outback Meerkats - Jordan DeGoey (COL) – Shown in the second half of the season what he can do when left alone in the forward half. Good pic and similarly to Toby Greene, should give some big games.

23. South West Dragons - Kade Simpson (CAR) – Just a rock, he’ll keep getting 40s because he loves getting the pill.

24. Mozzie Bites - Alex Witherden (BRI)- Hamstring ruined a lot of fantasy coaches’ seasons last year but if a fantasy player of the future. Decent enough.

25. The Cheetahs - Tom Bellchambers (ESS) – Solid selection and good value. Locked in 40s.

26. The Ladyboys - Dylan Shiel (GWS) – Though he gave me a bit of a headache last season, he was on my list. Headache came about because he would mix around inside and outside games on alternative weeks meaning the bind is whether to play him as an OM or BM. New team though so will likely amp up his numbers a truckload.

27. City Oval Plovers - Joel Selwood (GEE) – Curious to see where Jordie plays him as could slot into a few spots.

28. City Oval Plovers - Shannon Hurn (WCE) – Solid again. Consummate back and the scoring system was changed to bring these guys onto the system. Nice.

29. The Ladyboys - James Sicily (HAW) – Yep. Was my priority. I love it.

30. The Cheetahs - Ollie Wines (PA) – Yep. Was my priority if Sicily went. I also love it.

31. Mozzie Bites - Mitch Duncan (GEE) – Decent value here. Can’t complain as I didn’t have a heal separating Siciliy, Wines and Duncan.

32. South West Dragons - Aaron Sandilands (FRE) – Will be great if you can get Darcy as insurance … oh wait

33. Outback Meerkats - Scott Pendlebury (COL) – Will be left alone next season and should thrive.

34. South-Eastern Polar Bears - Lachlan Hunter (WB) – Didn’t even know he was still available. I swear he went ages ago. Great selection.

35. Broome Bears - Zac Williams (GWS) – There’s going to be a lot fighting over those +4 down back next season. Not sure if he’ll get enough of them, but backs are thinning out fast.

36. Animals run wild - Paddy Ryder (PA) – Solid if he can stay on the park.

Boooooring! So far all it's been is, "Solid." Or, "On my list." Where has the real amos gone? In past years I have been rocking in my corner sobbing after these threads, not holding hands skipping and singing around the mulberry bush!
Nobody has picked Sam Walsh in the mini draft this year.

Boooooring! So far all it's been is, "Solid." Or, "On my list." Where has the real amos gone? In past years I have been rocking in my corner sobbing after these threads, not holding hands skipping and singing around the mulberry bush!
We trimmed the fat and now we're just left with high quality coaches! ;)

Also, has anyone had that feeling of "I'm uncertain about their role next season, the points stack up, but they're someone I'd rather someone else drafts?" I felt that about Beams. I think his points stack up, but don't think he will have the same role at the Pies. I think he will be a good OM/forward, but he's fighting for touches in a high production midfield. Don't get me wrong, it's a good pick for sr20 but I thought about drafting him as early as round one, and each round convinced myself not to.

Statistical Version

19. Animals run wild - Toby Greene (GWS): the numbers didn't quite add up for Toby last season, averaging 33.8 as a forward which ranks 37 overall, but he is obviously capable of better and did have injury affected games. Didn't average over 17 in any other position (utility excluded) last season.

20. Broome Bears - Angus Brayshaw (MEL): averages the mid 30's as an IM and OM which is about average. Low 30s as a BM and a Backman which is probably just below average. Bound to continue improving.

21. South-Eastern Polar Bears - Dayne Beams (COL) – Ranks number 4 overall as an OM in 2018 averaging 44.4, as well as high 30s as a Back, Forward, IM and BM. 92 as a Utility. Role will potentially change at Collingwood given there evenly balanced Midfield but should still get his points.

22. Outback Meerkats - Jordan DeGoey (COL) – probably one of the best forward options available at this point. Maybe less midfield time due to the Beams acquisition but that could mean more goals.

23. South West Dragons - Kade Simpson (CAR) – Ranks number 4 overall as a Backman in 2018 averaging 46.9. Docherty back this season will diminish that slightly as will age.

24. Mozzie Bites - Alex Witherden (BRI)- Ranked 14 as a Backman with an average of just over 40. What you want for a Backman.

25. The Cheetahs - Tom Bellchambers (ESS) – Best Ruckman available that will consistently get games, averaging 43.9 and ranked 7.

26. The Ladyboys - Dylan Shiel (GWS) – Best as an OM averaging 37.5 ranked 29 in 2018. Could get even more attention in Essendon's midfield, or does he slot in behind Merrett, Heppell and Zaha?

27. City Oval Plovers - Joel Selwood (GEE) – could pick him anywhere in the Mids OM, IM or BM, averages 90 + as a Utility and gets almost 6 tackles per game. Probably the most versatile pick of the round aside from my own.

28. City Oval Plovers - Shannon Hurn (WCE) – Another Backman averaging 40+. Tick

29. The Ladyboys - James Sicily (HAW) – Probably could have been picked earlier. Ranked 7 overall averaging 42.9 as a Backman. Role wpn't change, banked points.

30. The Cheetahs - Ollie Wines (PA) – contested beast and ranked 15 as an IM. Could be moved to a BM or OM and still have a good output, but this is his go.

31. Mozzie Bites - Mitch Duncan (GEE) – An almost pick for me at this stage he wouldn't be number one anywhere. Almost 40 as a Back, almost 40 as an OM and almost 90 at Utility. More than solid back-up. probably your CC option as a Back.

32. South West Dragons - Aaron Sandilands (FRE) – ranked number 3 BUT will probably only played 11 games for the season. Need a solid backup option for those 11 games.

33. Outback Meerkats - Scott Pendlebury (COL) – similar to Duncan, but averages over 40 as an OM.

34. South-Eastern Polar Bears - Lachlan Hunter (WB) – the best Backman remaining averaging over 41.

35. Broome Bears - Zac Williams (GWS) – Averaged 39 from the few games he played in 2018. Will be a key back of 2019.

36. Animals run wild - Paddy Ryder (PA) – Injuries had an impact in 2018 and he still almost averaged 40. If he can stay fresh he will be a good proposition this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back