State of Origin Ampol State of Origin 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

NSW pick teddy or Edwards?

On form it’s a no brainer but Teddy has been so good for so long feels hard to leave him out
They’re not dropping the captain because of form. 🤪🤪🤪

Will be a good thing if he cops a week or two - Hynes should be the 5/8 without a doubt.

At this point, Hynes and Campbell Graham are must picks. I can't see how you can overlook them.

As good as Hynes is there’s a danger he won’t work with Cleary. He’s a halfback for starters. Graham will be picked whether it be centre or wing.

Hes gonna get dropped at some point because someone has overtaken him or father time has caught up with him.

Doesnt seem a ridiculous question at this point in time given Edwards is clearly outperforming him at club level.

If they were to move it surely is for Mitchell anyway.

Would have thought Mitchell plays in the centres as per usual.

Either way it seems perhaps the convo about some going past Teddy isnt a ridiculous one.

Guess it depends how you rate the centres coming through. Mitchell can play either but after Teddy I’d play him at FB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't sure where to put this so I apologise if it's in the wrong thread.

What's the deal with this push to allow players who spent minimal time in QLD or NSW to play SoO? It seems like people just want the best RL players competing and don't really care that it essentially defeats the whole purpose of SoO. At a certain point it goes from being an SoO game to being an All Star game and then you have players donning the jersey that aren't as passionate about it because they identify somewhere else as home and it hurts the game. The NRL needs to be really careful because they could potentially do irreparable damage to their showpiece event.

Stoked with the NSW backline, altough would be swapping Hynes for Luai. It's the same 1-7 that put on a combined scoreline of 76-6 in games 1 and 2 in 2021; think having Turbo and Latrell back this year will make a big difference.

It's weird. Obviously the authorities all agree Klein is the lead ref right now, he gets the big games.

And yet somehow, all you guys know better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back