State of Origin Ampol State of Origin 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly that has to go down as one of NSWs worst losses

Conceding two tries to a team who are down a man

You miss the series where NSW lost to the QLD D side a few years ago with Corey Allen at fullback and the great Brenko Lee in the centres

You miss the series where NSW lost to the QLD D side a few years ago with Corey Allen at fullback and the great Brenko Lee in the centres
As a QLDer that was glorious

But this was worse for NSW and I see a lot of people downplaying how s**t of a loss this was

A lot of it comes back to Teddy who has been average for the Roosters all year and he brought that on Wednesday

I don't know if he can get back to his best but he has to find something for NSWs sake because he won't be dropped

Spuds like Hudson Young and TPJ didn't help either

Last edited:
Looks like a few forced changes happening with all the injuries

Arrow Murray Cleary all look dead for game 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just wait until the chin does a hammy.:eek::D

Hate seeing injuries but honestly might be the thing NSW need this Penrith system does not work at origin level

Suspect they'll go Luai/Hynes. Which I think can work.

Be harsh to drop Luai on his game 1.

Harsh? Can't agree. He was serviceable and better than Cleary but who wasn't better than Cleary as a half?

Walker is so far ahead on form the best 6 in the game. Him and Hynes would work well. Hynes as the organiser, Walker at 6. Cook at 9. You have the Souths combination there.

Harsh? Can't agree. He was serviceable and better than Cleary but who wasn't better than Cleary as a half?

Walker is so far ahead on form the best 6 in the game. Him and Hynes would work well. Hynes as the organiser, Walker at 6. Cook at 9. You have the Souths combination there.
He laid on 2 try assists and next to a dominant half that actually played well (which Hynes deserves the crack at), he'd be fine.

I'd be really surprised if they go back to Walker now. He's played no better in Origin's and isn't the incumbent.

He laid on 2 try assists and next to a dominant half that actually played well (which Hynes deserves the crack at), he'd be fine.

I'd be really surprised if they go back to Walker now. He's played no better in Origin's and isn't the incumbent.
I suppose Hynes has that capacity to be a bit dynamic and really challenge the defensive line (which it felt like was lacking between both Luai and Cleary in game 1) but im not sure its enough. Theres just no flair and creativity in either of them at origin based off Game 1.

I get that he laid on two try assists but with the field position and possesion you guys had i reckon i nearly could have found 2.

Walker got half a game in Origin...Luai has had how many lets just say plod Origin games and his last one may have been his "best" one and was only at best a 6/10 game. Queensland hope NSW pick Luai again, Walker is much more likely to win the game.

I suppose Hynes has that capacity to be a bit dynamic and really challenge the defensive line (which it felt like was lacking between both Luai and Cleary in game 1) but im not sure its enough. Theres just no flair and creativity in either of them at origin based off Game 1.

I get that he laid on two try assists but with the field position and possesion you guys had i reckon i nearly could have found 2.

Especially with a man up for the last 10 minutes!

Walker got half a game in Origin...Luai has had how many lets just say plod Origin games and his last one may have been his "best" one and was only at best a 6/10 game. Queensland hope NSW pick Luai again, Walker is much more likely to win the game.
Walker played 4 Origin's and was the starting 5/8 in the team that lost to that horrible QLD 2020 side (the one with Corey Allan starting fullback...).

Walker is no different to Luai. They look fantastic in their club set ups and then more average outside of them.

Walker played 4 Origin's and was the starting 5/8 in the team that lost to that horrible QLD 2020 side (the one with Corey Allan starting fullback...).

Walker is no different to Luai. They look fantastic in their club set ups and then more average outside of them.

You just answered the question why Luai should be nowhere near the side- looks horrible outside of the club combination. Walker deserves another go, better player this year and the form 6 in the game. Not fussed Hynes or Reynolds at 7, either one. The Souths combination is there, Mitchell/Cook (just drop Koroisau). You are just replacing one combination with another that's it.

NSW TEAM 2023 Game II (what could likely happen):

1 - Tedesco
2 - To'o
3 - Mitchell
4 - Graham
5 - Addo-Carr (FASTEST MAN ON THE PLANET just fyi)
6 - Burton
7 - Hynes
8 - Paulo
9 - Koroisau
10 - Haas
11 - Frizell
12 - Murray
13 - Yeo
14 - Cook
15 - Saifiti (Jacob)
16 - Martin
17 - Koloamatangi