An earlier rise than expected???????

Remove this Banner Ad

After enjoying the past two wins, I have come down to earth & realised neither team we have beaten have won a game, so are we any good really at this stage?. Confidence does wonders to a team, especially one with so many youngins running around, so I'm hoping we don't get blown off the park this week, but then I looked at our list (that have played this year) & just maybe we have underestimated our boys a little bit...

There are many players who through injury have missed large parts of the past 2 & a bit years (Green, Davey, Garland, Jamar, Maloney, Rivers) young players now have 1 or 2 years under their belts ( Bail, Bennell, Grimes, Frawley, Petterd) , senior players that are currently in rare form ( Green, McDonald, Moloney), a couple of players who have finally started to realise their talent is at the required level ( Bate, Dunn, as a forward, Jones, Sylvia, Warnock) & some young stars who have walked straight into the team ( The obvious).

The combined sum of the above together with pressure from an abundance of players for a spot in the team is sure to get improved results, maybe earlier than certainly I expected....

Have the coaching panel had enough time to drum into their heads the role that each player needs to play, or am I just am I off the mark?????

As much as I admire the dees for the direction they are heading, a little early dont you think?

You got within 1 point of collingwood who are more up and down than a $10 hooker, Beat adelaide who really, are pathetic at the moment, and then beat richmond who are probably in the worst shape theyve ever been in.

keep a lid on it

As much as I admire the dees for the direction they are heading, a little early dont you think?

You got within 1 point of collingwood who are more up and down than a $10 hooker, Beat adelaide who really, are pathetic at the moment, and then beat richmond who are probably in the worst shape theyve ever been in.

keep a lid on it

I take your point, which is what I stated in the 1st paragraph.... What I am getting at is just maybe our demise over the last 3 years has been due in a semi large part to injuries & novices learning a game plan, similar to what Hawthorn went through...

Now that we have a good proportion of our main playing list, playing with confidence, we might do better than expected....

I agree Super, 10th - 12th would be a great result this year, but one is entitlted to dream....

I think its probably a little unfair to criticise collingwood, they are a good side and they will do very well this year. To get within any team who made the top four last year regardless of their form is a good effort for a team that lost to richmond last year and was nothing more than pathetic. I think its just great to have some good wins, beating richmond by 55 was fantastic and beating the crows who were a good finals team last year must do wonders for the confidence. I agree that we must keep a lid on it, but lets enjoy a more positive start to the year. With NM and the Eagles at home in the next 4-5 weeks we can get ourselves a few more wins perhaps

Good points, still, Brisbane by 60 points.

I'll take that. 60.5 pts the line.

Name your price.

We will not win but the boys are looking ok and are now playing for each other, you can see it.

They are running hard, harder than I have seen ever. Skills are still down a bit but it 's due to pressure. If we keep boxhead and muppet to under 8 goals I think we'll be ok.

6 wins or more would be a good result for 2010.

Some people have no confidence Dez!, imagine if the players themselves went in with that sort of mentality... WE'D NEVER WIN A GAME! :eek:

I think we can win, and I'm going to keep my confidence and faith not only in the players, but in the team in general. Brisbane are the favourites, but what good does it do in eliminating ourselves before we even get on the park?

Dees to win. :thumbsu:

I would like to think it but we are, and will be, a yo-yo until the babies get some game time. Enjoy the wins and try not to get muntered about the losses.

Still I will be happy to be proved wrong.

I would like to think it but we are, and will be, a yo-yo until the babies get some game time. Enjoy the wins and try not to get muntered about the losses.

Still I will be happy to be proved wrong.

+1 the scoreboard this year will show inconsistent performances but one thing we should expect, and the selection panel should demand, is 70 tackles a game. If we can do it against Adelaide, there is no reason we can't against other sides. If the tackling stays the way it is, we'll go a long way to winning mote games and finishing higher up the table IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the start of the season I thought we would win about eight games.
We won four games last year & should have won at least two more.
For me nothing has changed. Anything more would be a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I think all Melbourne supporters have been rapt with the way the team has gone about their football the last three rounds & now expect the same level of intensity with or without the football to be shown from here on end.

I do however, suspect that as the year plays out our team will start to stagger as it is a very long season & we are a very young team.

I am happy to be proven wrong though!:D

I did not see us being 2-2 so yes, we have risen earlier then I expected.

I also thought 8 wins would be a greatresult but was unsure of our chances, I feel that 8 wins is a lock now...maybe a couple more.

Confidence in each other, running to support team mates, improved skills (knowing someone will get to to right spot), scoreboard pressure applied (due to where on the ground shots were taken), tackling (all over the ground), crowd involvement (fantastic), all of the above we are going to see more & more of...

I was lucky enough to be in the rooms after the game & the speech from Jim was inspiring, followed by the loudest rendition of our song I have ever heard....

Am I still off the mark with my thoughts on our position????

PS, Wise Guy & Super, I was looking for you at the game, could have got you into the rooms as well, oh well, maybe next time....:D

The Demons should be targeting 8 wins.

Anything less than that would be disappointing from here.

Anything over 8 wins will be an excellent effort.

Confidence in each other, running to support team mates, improved skills (knowing someone will get to to right spot), scoreboard pressure applied (due to where on the ground shots were taken), tackling (all over the ground), crowd involvement (fantastic), all of the above we are going to see more & more of...

I was lucky enough to be in the rooms after the game & the speech from Jim was inspiring, followed by the loudest rendition of our song I have ever heard....

Am I still off the mark with my thoughts on our position????

PS, Wise Guy & Super, I was looking for you at the game, could have got you into the rooms as well, oh well, maybe next time....:D

even though that didn't come to pass, the gesture is still apreciated. If anyone needs me, ill be making a giant sign gesturing that I am indeed located under it. Thanks mate.

How did you get into the rooms anyway?
For the record I was sitting next to about 2 thousand monash students for some reason, behind the punt end goal. I'm yet to decide where to make my home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back