Team Mgmt. An early crack at 2017 best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Lucas thinks that there are 5 returning players who are "locks". It's his opinion but you'd assume that he knows more than the average commentator being a player manager who is connected to the club.
Hurley, Hooker, Heppell and Watson are no brainers.

Howlett definitely isn't, Bellchambers is injured, Myers is injured, and Hocking, Stanton and Colyer are thereabouts/almost locks if fit.

Interesting that Lucas thinks that there are 5 returning players who are "locks". It's his opinion but you'd assume that he knows more than the average commentator being a player manager who is connected to the club.

Hurley, Hooker, Watson, Heppell, and.... Colyer? Or Stanton? It would be six if Myers wasn't injured?

I don't even understand why Hartley is being discussed as a possible best 22. He definitely is best 22 for sure. Ahead of Brown and Ambrose. He was better than those two last year.

I don't even understand why Hartley is being discussed as a possible best 22. He definitely is best 22 for sure. Ahead of Brown and Ambrose. He was better than those two last year.

Don't put it beyond the coaches to get something like Hartley vs Brown wrong.

Brown has always been the player they seem to rate more. Hartley has always played the better football.

Don't put it beyond the coaches to get something like Hartley vs Brown wrong.

Brown has always been the player they seem to rate more. Hartley has always played the better football.
You can throw Ambrose in that debate. Despite the seeming acceptance that Ambrose is best 22 he's part of the debate too.

Eth is not a fan of Ambrose, it seems. He's now a lock for round one given the injuries.
I still see four possible key defenders in round 1. Hurley is a lock. Hartley, Brown and Ambrose are competing for the remaining two spots.

I don't see how Leuenberger affects that.

I still see four possible key defenders in round 1. Hurley is a lock. Hartley, Brown and Ambrose are competing for the remaining two spots.

I don't see how Leuenberger affects that.

i thought Woosh mentioned that Ambrose can pinch hit in the ruck. That could be an important reprieve for Mckernan throughout the game

i thought Woosh mentioned that Ambrose can pinch hit in the ruck. That could be an important reprieve for Mckernan throughout the game
Well let's hope that's not the reason they play him. He's useless in there. Stewart would be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well let's hope that's not the reason they play him. He's useless in there. Stewart would be better.
Stewart is also useless there. May as well have put Doss in the ruck Sunday when he went in there.

Stewart is also useless there. May as well have put Doss in the ruck Sunday when he went in there.
Stewart is slightly less useless in there.

No, the reason they'll play him is because he's a very good shut down defender and an ability to compete in the ruck will be a bonus.
Very good? Not there yet. Good? Yes. I'd still sooner see Stewart play as the back-up ruckman.

Also suggests that ambrose is pretty much a lock for round 1

Very good? Not there yet. Good? Yes. I'd still sooner see Stewart play as the back-up ruckman.

Let's just have a synonym-off shall we? Hes fine, proficient, capable, adept. He's playing round 1. He'll pinch hitting in the ruck. Stewart will as well. It's called sharing the load.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back