TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
What do you think 2018 will be like for North?
More of the same and a development year?
What do you hope for us to achieve in 2018?

1. I want us to win the premiership. If not, then...
2. Make the finals. If not, then
3. Finish in a position that allows us a crack at one of these "generational talents" before rival bids start on Thomas.

all about Premierships, you can shove making finals up your clacker.

I want us to win the premiership. If not, then...
Finish in a position that allows us a crack at one of these "generational talents" before rival bids start on Thomas.

and I also want Blakey as well as Scott as well as Crocker if he continues his development.

all about Premierships, you can shove making finals up your clacker.

I want us to win the premiership. If not, then...
Finish in a position that allows us a crack at one of these "generational talents" before rival bids start on Thomas.

and I also want Blakey as well as Scott as well as Crocker if he continues his development.

Fair call. If we make the finals with Neilson, EVW, and Hiiberd in defence, Preuss in the ruck, Clarke, Ahern, Mountford and J Williams in the midfield, Simpkin, Durdin, Garner, Wood etc up forward, I reckon we're looking ok.

Depends on what we do with Thompson, Waite, Gibson, Swallow, Thomas and Goldstein, and if we can bring anyone in during trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather finish last than top 8 (current team isn't capable of winning it imo). We need a lot of talent to get the team up to premiership standard and pick 11 or 12 won't get us the "generational talents" of the next draft. I'd rather challenge for a flag in 3-4 years' time than mediocrity and some finals appearances over the next 10. We have to do it right though; do not want to end up like carlton, brisbane or melbourne.

What do you think 2018 will be like for North?
A battle. Failing to bring in an A-grader will see us not contend strongly for finals.

More of the same and a development year?
A bit of both. Our list isn't good enough to expect too much. But I'd like to think most of the new players we brought in during 2017 will start to make a greater impact and cement places.

What do you hope for us to achieve in 2018?
We competed well more often than not this year but it's time to turn unlucky losses to win. 8 or 9 wins would be a fair result. I want to see young players develop and have confidence we're not in for a stint in the wilderness.

With the eveness of the comp its so hard to say.

What if we get a Richmondesque run with injury?

What if we employ a more pressure focused game style?

What if we get a midfield bolter or two?

All of these could lead to a serious bump up the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back