FTA-TV MAFS: Where you get matching tatts before you've even hid the snag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
All MAFS watchers and posters.

This thread is given a lot of rope with posting especially around insults of contestants (mostly deserved) BUT you need to ensure to abide by the site rules on profanity, racism, homophobia, sexism, misogyny etc etc etc.

Ill be explicitly clear, a minor infraction will get a deletion and a warning, a second minor infraction will be a thread ban, a serious infraction will be an automatic thread ban or worse.

The show is in poor taste (probably why we love it) and thus the posting can also be but there is a line and we need to remember and respect that.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jesus christ this chick. I just dont get it

1617796444961.png

Johnboi

All Australian
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah, last week he was starting to fall for her. He's still got the L word in the bank.

He'll just say he's bisexual and his friend Jason is in love with him. She's so desperate for love she'll believe it and offer to bring her strap-on to the party while her and Jason spitroast Bryce.

Yes, I have a sick mind but this chick will believe and do anything to keep the "relationship" alive.

Wonder if Bryce is actually putting this on to a large degree.

Like, he's worked out the best way to maximise his profile is to be The Villain.

Try and leverage that into being a Controversial Radio Host, a Kmart Kyle Sandilands.

In retrospect his picking fights with Sam very early on is very contrived. And he bit off more than he can chew in that regard.

But as a strategy for maximising exposure it is pretty good.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Like, he's worked out the best way to maximise his profile is to be The Villain.

Try and leverage that into being a Controversial Radio Host, a Kmart Kyle Sandilands.

In retrospect his picking fights with Sam very early on is very contrived. And he bit off more than he can chew in that regard.

Wtf are you doing here?
😂

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Rusty needs his own reality show

DapperJong did you get to edit any content with him?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Our boss agrees with you.

Not a lot, no. Early on they got minimised and played for comedy so I didn’t spend a lot of time going through his footage. He’s a classic.

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

As someone with little interest in social media I might be naïve about these sort of things, but I honestly wonder what currency appearing on these types of shows offers. Insta-clicks? TV, radio & modelling work? Promoting fashion labels? I know a couple of Big Brother contestants like Fitzy and Chrissie Swan have had successful careers in the media, but it must be a long shot. I think we'd all be amazed if Bryce Ruthven gets a high profile radio gig out of this.

And as a relative newcomer to this stupid show, I'd like to believe that the participants of the first few seasons of MAFS were genuine lonely hearts who were not applying for more professional/commercial reasons. Either way, the balance seems way off - too many flogs and campaigners this season.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Bryce will just tell Melissa it isn't true, she will believe him.

Meanwhile he will tell the other chick he needs to keep the scam going for a few more months than planned to make it look more legit.

It's like something out of Jerry Springer.

Wats the 60 Minutes bombshell this week? Every week it’s “unmissable” so this must be better than that?!

It is Nick McKenzie and he doesn't miss.

As someone with little interest in social media I might be naïve about these sort of things, but I honestly wonder what currency appearing on these types of shows offers. Insta-clicks? TV, radio & modelling work? Promoting fashion labels? I know a couple of Big Brother contestants like Fitzy and Chrissie Swan have had successful careers in the media, but it must be a long shot. I think we'd all be amazed if Bryce Ruthven gets a high profile radio gig out of this.

And as a relative newcomer to this stupid show, I'd like to believe that the participants of the first few seasons of MAFS were genuine lonely hearts who were not applying for more professional/commercial reasons. Either way, the balance seems way off - too many flogs and campaigners this season.

There's a clear demand in the Australian radio sector for hateful but controversial male hosts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back