Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
whilst we are still at subi - what about this for an idea

one of the things i most dislike about going to subi games is the homogenous crowd - either 90% eagles or dockers supporters

even the derby is majority one or the other

and they are such epic games

what if we had an option where members of both clubs could lodge their availability to be cross posted (for lack of a better term) to the oppositions home match for the derby

getting twice a year at least reasonably close to a even crowd

i for one prefer to watch footy in melbourne as aside from the better stadiums, you can hang s**t (or get s**t hung depending on the day) on opposition supporters

thoughts?

one of the things i most dislike about going to subi games is the homogenous crowd - either 90% eagles or dockers supporters

what if we had an option where members of both clubs could lodge their availability to be cross posted (for lack of a better term) to the oppositions home match for the derby

i for one prefer to watch footy in melbourne as aside from the better stadiums, you can hang s**t (or get s**t hung depending on the day) on opposition supporters

thoughts?

It's just another game worth 4 points - thats all.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i go watch carlton collingwood once every year or so 0 now there is a heap of banter - and not a little shouting etc but they dont have to segregate the crowd
They're also used to it. I don't know if some of our supporters could handle it. It would take a bit of getting used to for them!

Agree with the OP - it should be easy enough to deal with via electronic ticketing systems.

When you get your membership game - you either get "the 1st derby" or "the 2nd derby"

The most appropriate time to do it is the 2018 season when no one has an attachment to their seat - albeit you shouldn't have to change seat anyway.

540423_4417800332519_1503723754_n.jpg
lets play for this piecs of memorabilla

thoughts?
I was thinking something similar to this but more along the lines of....

When we move to the new stadium, the spare seats (Govt wants 10k for eagles games [doubt we dont try and sell out]) are automatically sold to the members of the other team as an opt in raffle on top of your membership. Something along the lines of.

Would you like to go into a raffle for Derby seats? [Y/N]
How many seats from your membership would you like? [1, 2, 3, 4]
You will only be billed for the tickets if you win the raffle for the allocated number of seats you have chosen.

This guarantees the Derby is a sell out pre-season. It is a reason I believed they should have built an 80k Stadium.

Freo home derbies used to be a little like this.

I don't bother buying tickets for the away game anymore. End up with terribly overpriced worst seats in the house. Last one I went to was the Balla hit the post after the siren game. 2nd back row of the 3 tier stand... I doubt I could have been any further away from his kick if I tried. Noone in the stand knew what had happened. Both sets of supporters thought they had won. Was kind of strange for a few seconds there.

Would buy away derby tickets again once the new stadium comes in. But not at Subi anymore.

Karl Langdon has been calling for this for years.

If you rearrange the letters, then drop a whole bunch of others in kranky al you can make Karl.

Think we've found Karl Langdon's account on BF.

Karl Langdon.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back