Analysis An independent review of the entire club, (some say, finally!!).

Remove this Banner Ad

It never was independent. It's all a farce to appease the members because Ed thinks we are morons

Some posters on here go out of their way to reinforce Ed's alleged view of members/supporters.

Murphy has already said he has no capacity to take on the CEO role longer term due to his other work commitments. He's agreed to do it until the new CEO is appointed. He has insisted that a full recruitment process be undertaken to find the best candidate.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...allenge-for-magpie-board-20171010-gyy2jk.html

Well given what's happened to date, I'm very happy with the outcomes.
View attachment 426990

My big concern is that we haven't made any indications that we will do anything further with development. This is one area i'd like to see some moves.

I also eagerly await an announcement on the High Performance manager. I hope whoever it is comes from outside our current set-up.

Otherwise i'm really happy with the changes made so far.

We should have had a thousand eyes all over the country for recruiting, nothing else matters

All this angst and focus on a coach and the truth is great teams coach themselves, get drafting right and all else falls into place

Talk cheap and McGuire is a spin king so I will wait until I see some proof that we have turned the corner.

Leopards do not often change their spots (if ever).

Some posters on here go out of their way to reinforce Ed's alleged view of members/supporters.

Murphy has already said he has no capacity to take on the CEO role longer term due to his other work commitments. He's agreed to do it until the new CEO is appointed. He has insisted that a full recruitment process be undertaken to find the best candidate.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...allenge-for-magpie-board-20171010-gyy2jk.html
Decent read from Carro there.

Interesting article by Wilson. If we are to take it on face value (which I am sure many will not), then there are a number of interesting observations:

(i) As some of us have always suspected, it appears that Pert was a toxic politically correct individual who was heavily responsible for creating/overseeing an environment of "disunity, disharmony and widespread insecurity". This is no surprise.

(ii) As stated a number of times, McGuire's management style is old school and completely outdated. This is evidenced by the covert appointment of Allan but even more so by the report that he would be reemployed after serving his 12 month suspension. If true, this is nothing short of unbelievable.

(iii) Murphy appears to be a modern business man who abides by the principles of corporate governance and accountability. Attributes that have clearly been missing at CFC of recent times. It is a shame that he will not be full time CEO but at least it appears that he has insisted on a thorough recruiting process, something again foreign to McGuire.

(iv) So all appears to be heading in the right direction however the appointment of the new CEO is critical. Will he/she be strong enough to deal with McGuire who is a powerful force and will likely still want to be actively involved in footy matters and have an influence on the Board. It is imperative that the successful candidate be able to deal with McGuire and keep him at bay. Time will tell.

Isn't Peter Murphy chair of the CFC Foundation?

Doesn't appear to be too independent does it?
NT, did you read the article?

I actually have more confidence of this actually being an independent review than I initially thought it would be.

Don't worry I was cynical too.

He said he wants to make us like man united if that's the case bring sir Alex as Bucks mentor
Just throw boots

That seemed to work for Sir Alex.
He got worked up, at times. But nobody messed with him.

Talk cheap and McGuire is a spin king so I will wait until I see some proof that we have turned the corner.

Leopards do not often change their spots (if ever).
Nice cliches

I actually have more confidence of this actually being an independent review than I initially thought it would be.

Yeahhhh, nahhhhhh LOL - I should've you're right. When I saw the name Peter Murphy I closed it but will have a look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article by Wilson. If we are to take it on face value (which I am sure many will not), then there are a number of interesting observations:

(i) As some of us have always suspected, it appears that Pert was a toxic politically correct individual who was heavily responsible for creating/overseeing an environment of "disunity, disharmony and widespread insecurity". This is no surprise.

(ii) As stated a number of times, McGuire's management style is old school and completely outdated. This is evidenced by the covert appointment of Allan but even more so by the report that he would be reemployed after serving his 12 month suspension. If true, this is nothing short of unbelievable.

(iii) Murphy appears to be a modern business man who abides by the principles of corporate governance and accountability. Attributes that have clearly been missing at CFC of recent times. It is a shame that he will not be full time CEO but at least it appears that he has insisted on a thorough recruiting process, something again foreign to McGuire.

(iv) So all appears to be heading in the right direction however the appointment of the new CEO is critical. Will he/she be strong enough to deal with McGuire who is a powerful force and will likely still want to be actively involved in footy matters and have an influence on the Board. It is imperative that the successful candidate be able to deal with McGuire and keep him at bay. Time will tell.
(v) McGuire recognises change is needed and is listening to the board.

(v) McGuire recognises change is needed and is listening to the board.

Let us truly hope so.

But remember that the change that is required is the result of what he, his management team and the Board have delivered over the past 6 years.

And therefore, he will need to genuinely look within himself, accept that he is part responsible for why CFC now needs to embrace change and allow that change process to proceed unencumbered. This will require a degree of humility on his behalf. Let's just wait and see. Fingers and toes crossed.

Me too.

Let's hope this is genuine change. Still think a few of those incumbents responsible for our current malaise need to go, if real change is to be effected. But the reality is that they are going no where, so we watch with interest.

Let us truly hope so.

But remember that the change that is required is the result of what he, his management team and the Board have delivered over the past 6 years.

And therefore, he will need to genuinely look within himself, accept that he is part responsible for why CFC now needs to embrace change and allow that change process to proceed unencumbered. This will require a degree of humility on his behalf. Let's just wait and see. Fingers and toes crossed.
The fact that change is now happening indicates that he has accepted that. One thing that gets lost in the noise around Ed is that he truly loves the club. He always puts the club first.

Let us truly hope so.

And therefore, he will need to genuinely look within himself, accept that he is part responsible for why CFC now needs to embrace change
and allow that change process to proceed unencumbered. This will require a degree of humility on his behalf. Let's just wait and see. Fingers and toes crossed.
I'd argue it looks externally at least he - and others have self admitted responsibility, otherwise there would not have a review and a blue print if Ed did not realize that. Yeah sure look at the last 6 years and it looks the administration has been hoping in denial that things will just turn around but if you look at the changes being made since season end would indicate that admission has taken place even if not publicly and the club seems unified in actively fixing the issues.

Yeah I've changed my tune since the changes being made purely because there really is change going on in an attempt to make

"Collingwood great again" - and I believe that to be so

We should have had a thousand eyes all over the country for recruiting, nothing else matters. All this angst and focus on a coach and the truth is great teams coach themselves, get drafting right and all else falls into place
Wish the team had coached itself after half time in 1970 and after 3/4 time in 1977 - there's 2 more flags - simples!

The fact that change is now happening indicates that he has accepted that. One thing that gets lost in the noise around Ed is that he truly loves the club. He always puts the club first.
I've no doubt Ed loves the club - it's possible that his passion has sometimes clouded his vision and led to emotion over ruling objectivity on occasions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back