Media And the winner is....

by Elle B. Dubs

IN A SURPRISING end to the BFFCL season, the Red Centre Kangaroos have become victorious in defeating the West Coast Whales in the Final of the 1Day and Test competitions.

The Whales dominated all season, topping the table of the 1Day format and placing second in the Test format. This meant games against the Red Centre Kangaroos in both Qualifiers for a place in the Final; which was once successfully. Giving that they had a weeks rest in between the games, one would have thought that the Whales were primed for their Final games. This did not seem the cases, with early signs that some of the players were already on the booze.

As for the Red Centre Kangaroos, the road to the final was much longer, with loses to the Whales in the opening week meaning games against the Melbourne Bolts for a spot in the final. The Ulu-roos were able to easily surpass the the Bolts and found them against the opponents that they had met two weeks prior.

But the game had changes since then. In the all important final, it was a best-of-three final (to some peoples uproar, eth-dog ), and a single Test match to decide the winner.

The first 1Dayer came along and a surprise to the Whales, the Kangaroos were able to post 326/9 off their 50 overs, with a 98 from Ant Bear and a 86 from Headless as the opening pair, with a 1st wicket partnership of 177 runs. In reply, the Whales did bring a fight, but could only manage 285/5 from the 50 overs, helped with an unbeaten 129 from Firestarter

In the second 1Dayer, it was a must win game for the Whales, putting the Kangaroos into bat and the rewards paying off in the first 7 balls. Wickets to Ljp86 and eth-dog stunned SFA Park and the Ulu-roos fans, as Whales turn around was in effect. By the end of the innings Red Centre could only manage 238 all out off 45.2 overs. In response, the charge was lead by Van_Dyke (former RCK player and founder) taking control of the game and scoring 105 to help West Coast reach 242/4 in 41.1 overs.

This meant that the Final was going down to a decider. It was do or die. The Whales decided to bat first in this game, but they struggled to anything of substance in their innings, scraping to only 223 all out off 43.5 overs; with KBLT taking 3/27 and akkaps taking 3/46. In response, the Kangaroos eased their way to the total, encompassing 224/5 of 35.4 overs. The winners, the Red Centre Kangaroos, defeating the West Coast Whales 2-1.

It was now time for the Test match. One game, the decider. And the winner of real cricket. The Kangaroos won the toss and elected to bowl first, giving the Whales the opportunity to make the runs. Things started off reasonably well for the Whales, with a 108 run partnership between JT_the_Man and Van_Dyke, then things started to fall apart for the Perth based side. The one glimpse of hope was Kirkswan scoring 108 runs as she batted with the tail. The West Coast Whales amassing 287 all out.

Things seemed to have changed for the Kangaroos innings, as the pitch got a lot firmer and easier to bat on. Ant Bear and TheMase scoring 120 and 127 runs, respectively, put the Ulu-roos up 100 runs by the end of the second day. Ant Bear deciding to close the innings at 557/8dec, giving the Whales 270 to make the Kangaroos bat again.

In the West Coast Whales second innings, they could only manage 254 with the bat, thanks to 5/84 from akkaps. Though it was sweetened with 104 from JT_the_Man who also scored himself the Player of the Match award in the Test. The Kangaroos winning by an innings and 16 runs.

So with the end of the season upon us, it's time to look forward to the upcoming season of cricket that will take place. But before that, it's the World Cup. Jai Hind.

Last edited:
I would like to announce my immediate retirement from the BFFCL because being a pure allrounder is ********.
You know you can change from being an all-rounder, right?
I would like to announce that I would really, really like the opportunity to face akkaps in real life, and that you flogs need to be fielding eighty, ninety, one hundred or more metres away.
I took a 5fa the other week in indoor. Come at me.

i am leaving teh dolphins, hit me up if you want the second best player/wicket keeper in the league
This sounds like a ridiculous appeal

Back