Rumour And they say Footballers are dumb - got nothing on their WAGs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Settle down Pauline's burner account, she didn't say anything bad about the police, so stop making sh*t up.

She's married to an indigenous man who is from Northwestern WA - I'm pretty sure she has more knowledge on this than you.

Dowerin, north west WA ????,......., via Wesley.

Dowerin, north west WA ????,......., via Wesley.
Was thinking Geraldton - got him confused with O'Meara and Martin, thought all three were from there.

The point still stands - she is married to an indigenous man who grew up in regional WA - I think she would have a better idea than most on here

We stop saying stuff like that and we go a long way to addressing racism.

Why does he have to be an aboriginal man? Why can’t he just be a man?
Tbf she was the one who brought racism into the whole argument to kick this off

Tbf she was the one who brought racism into the whole argument to kick this off

I’m more talking in general terms as opposed to isolating her.
How many of us recite a story and tell the story; “this Asian girl” or this “African guy”

Why can’t we just drop the Asian / African in my example and just call them the girl / guy?

I’m the least snowflakey person you would ever meet, but something so simple like that will help “heal the divide” or whatever the buzzword is now.

Do you think deaths in custody would get a little more traction if it was 470+ white guys from the streets of Melbourne being found dead in their cells since 1991?

People who are stopped by police on Friday night and crash their car Saturday are recorded as a death in custody. It's measured by any police interaction in the previous 24 hours.

I’m more talking in general terms as opposed to isolating her.
How many of us recite a story and tell the story; “this Asian girl” or this “African guy”

Why can’t we just drop the Asian / African in my example and just call them the girl / guy?

I’m the least snowflakey person you would ever meet, but something so simple like that will help “heal the divide” or whatever the buzzword is now.
I agree with you, I made mention of it earlier in the thread

Reality bites.

Do you think deaths in custody would get a little more traction if it was 470+ white guys from the streets of Melbourne being found dead in their cells since 1991?

And yeah, when one group of people are continually overlooked, walked over and forgotten it’s damn right that we should be starting a sh*t fight about the disparity every time we see it.
Do you know how many white guys have been found dead in their cells in the same time period? Yeah me neither.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Missing white woman syndrome' might be because the indigenous Australians are outnumbered by the rest @ 32:1.

I mean we are talking about the issue on a footy forum simply because of her post, if she had made the post at a different “more appropriate” time I doubt op would of felt outraged enough to make the thread

We're talking about her post because she's Buddy's wife.

We're talking about her post because she's Buddy's wife.
Do we talk about all of her tweets? Or just the ones that someone deemed controversial because it was highlighting the disparity between the coverage of indigenous and white children who are missing?

Do we talk about all of her tweets? Or just the ones that someone deemed controversial because it was highlighting the disparity between the coverage of indigenous and white children who are missing?

Irrelevant and I wasnt offering judgement.

It was posted because it was a controversial statement made by an AFL player's partner. Same way that if the partner of another AFL player makes a controversial statement about COVID or vaccinations or any other number of topics it'll probably be posted here too but the same comment made by your or my partner wont get a mention.

You can argue it shouldnt be a controversial statement or whatever but the reaction to it, suggests otherwise.

Have a look at yourselves!

How dare this small white child be kidnapped and then found and rescued by the police? White privilege at its finest!

Not everything is about race and racism, it really shows the mental depravity that right as this kid is rescued, someone has to make a post bleating about white privilege blah blah blah.

From the look of her family they don't look to be very privileged, in fact I would say the opposite.

"I'm happy this child was rescued but......." the cherry on the cake is the fact it was an Aboriginal man who kidnapped her!

My husbands people are the victims in all of this, even though the child was white and the man who kidnapped her was Aboriginal...LOL

People who are stopped by police on Friday night and crash their car Saturday are recorded as a death in custody. It's measured by any police interaction in the previous 24 hours.
According to one website that tracks this data, the definition of ‘death in custody’ is not standardised across Australian jurisdictions.
This is the first time I've heard of a death in custody defined in this way.

Gotta say, I've never even heard of any Aboriginal kids going missing. Kinda surprised it's never happened to be honest. I mean what are the chances?

As an aside we just about had 24 hour rolling coverage of this case despite the fact literally nothing happened for three weeks. Amazing.

The news here covered the death of a little girl in PMH for a long time, she wasn't white.
Not sure that’s relevant to the post at all. That little girl wasn’t missing she (outrageously and tragically) died while with her parents in an emergency room.

The news here covered the death of a little girl in PMH for a long time, she wasn't white.

Hmm you may need to explain to me how the unnecessary death of Aishwarya and the difference in the reporting of missing Aboriginal kids are the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back