Rumour And they say Footballers are dumb - got nothing on their WAGs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure. Gabby Petito's Dad made the same point, in that all missing persons should be getting the same coverage and effort. No better time than in the midst of it when people are listening.

he's an idiot then. A toddler wandering around an area that they're not equipped to survive in will always get more media attention and resources than an adult on a holiday with their efttard partner. To suggest that they be treated the same iis totally absurd. And that's before considering the cases that are escaping abusive and/or dysfunctional situations.

You keep choosing to ignore any info that contradicts your bigoted ideas, yes you the person who has the gall to call other a bigot.
Just because the information is not presented to you in manner that suits your idea of evidence that does not mean it is not real and true. You look through your white eyes very narrowly. You make no effort to go look for yourself and ridicule anything that is presented to you.
You choose not to look at or seek any information that would demonstrate the prejudice aboriginals face.

BIGOT _ a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

you're so far out of your depth here it's ridiculous.

except Aboriginal people only make up 3% of the entire population - did you consider that in your stats.

so you're saying that the issue is rate of incarceration not rate of death following incarceration? So instead of wasting energy/resources worrying about what happens once they're jailed, you can now dedicate your efforts to addressing the reasons why they're incarcerated at these higher rates.

Dunno about triggered but I'm sure many 'white' Aussies are sick of being blamed for something that's out of their control.

It's only a topic of conversation here because she's the partner of Buddy Franklin, one the certified champions of our game

Just did some research of the past 3 years and races other than indigenous make up just over 80% of deaths in custody.

EDIT: Natural causes was responsible for the vast majority of all (indigenous and non-indigenous) deaths followed by self-inflicted, but those with an agenda don't want you to know that.

Do you know what the percentage of avoidable deaths were and what the racial profile of this category percentage was?

Genuine question.

Reality bites.

Do you think deaths in custody would get a little more traction if it was 470+ white guys from the streets of Melbourne being found dead in their cells since 1991?

And yeah, when one group of people are continually overlooked, walked over and forgotten it’s damn right that we should be starting a sh*t fight about the disparity every time we see it.
A completely different topic but an interesting one.

You might be surprised to know the White death rate in custody is almost twice the Black death rate.
Screenshot_20211107-205427_Chrome.jpg

The days of coppers and screws lynching black blokes and putting it down to suicide are long gone and our penal system deserves credit for cleaning up their act.

The legal system and entrenched poverty ect that puts so many of them in jail in the first place needs looking at but 'black' deaths in custody is now a non issue.

so you're saying that the issue is rate of incarceration not rate of death following incarceration? So instead of wasting energy/resources worrying about what happens once they're jailed, you can now dedicate your efforts to addressing the reasons why they're incarcerated at these higher rates.

Yes buts that’s too difficult for people to address considering a lot of peoples concerns are probably pretty superficial.

She struck while the iron was hot I suppose. Couldn’t help herself. Just your typical seeking clicks, attention, likes, validation etc C grade ‘influencer’ trying to maintain her online profile in order to keep the cash rolling in.
The cops did an enormous job, the focus and congratulations should have been with them for the first few days at least before the agendas and attention seeking began.

A completely different topic but an interesting one.

You might be surprised to know the White death rate in custody is almost twice the Black death rate.
View attachment 1276026

The days of coppers and screws lynching black blokes and putting it down to suicide are long gone and our penal system deserves credit for cleaning up their act.

The legal system and entrenched poverty ect that puts so many of them in jail in the first place needs looking at but 'black' deaths in custody is now a non issue.

One nuance is “custody” is broader than prison. When I read the definition, it included for example a death of a suspect during a police pursuit and the suspect dies in a car accident.

I don’t recall seeing such a stark difference in rate of death per 100 when I looked it up. Perhaps those non-prison, but still custodial scenarios swing the other way.

The broader point remains though, you don’t see comparative data from left wing media and activists like what you’ve found. But they are very good at finding the absolute numbers such as indigienous deaths over several decades, so they are capable of looking at the data but choose to cherry pick.

Right wing strategy seems to be bite size slogans, demonising and appealing to emotions.

It seems very few have the patience to apply critical thinking and prefer to be told what to think. Or those pushing agendas don’t want to provide easy to consume and holistic facts, because they don’t want people to do their own critical thinking…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well there you go, pleasantly surprised given the last The Guardian article I read was horrendous “journalism”.
Its amazing how 'narrative' reporting has overtaken everything.
Im not sure exactly what Left/Right means anymore tbh.
The left seems focused on pronouns and the right on sheep dip.🤷‍♂️

he's an idiot then. A toddler wandering around an area that they're not equipped to survive in will always get more media attention and resources than an adult on a holiday with their efttard partner. To suggest that they be treated the same iis totally absurd. And that's before considering the cases that are escaping abusive and/or dysfunctional situations.

Fair dinkum. He lost his daughter and he's an idiot? Poor form.

His daughter was not an infant potentially wandering around on her own. He has a right to advocate for other parents missing their children, adult or otherwise.

The point is if you don't know what happened to them, there is a chance they can be saved. Do you suggest ignoring missing persons in case they chose to disappear themselves? Do we know if others who perished could have been saved with more effort and resources?

Some compassion please.

So, you are a comedic parody account? Yes? When is the big reveal? You keep accusing me of what you are. It’s top notch stuff.

My only agenda is reality, I don’t care what reality is and have no skin in the game of what is reality.

I vote for what I believe will benefit the most people in the long term, which is almost always against what would most benefit me personally.

Truth comes from analysis of facts, generally represented by data to reflect large pools of information, with an open mind.

An anecdote, story or someone’s feelings, are just that. It might be sad, it might represent something morally wrong, but an account does not make it a pervasive reality. It may even be untrue, often two people at the same event have different recollections of the same reality.

Perspectives of all stakeholders need to be taken into account and are another input. But a perspective is an opinion, that is all. Because someone feels strongly does not make what they feel reality.

I dislike people who run their agenda and cherry pick with a closed mind - irrespective of whether I lean towards or away from their agenda philosophically.

That behaviour is divisive and slows down genuine progress to the best and most practical solution.

You appear to be a such a person. Andrew Bolt is such a person. You are very similar, you just run different agendas.
All you have done is try to shut down the conversation, you dismiss any anecdotes offered without any basis and then offer nothing yourself.
Denial is not reality!!
Again you have deflected, when are you going to show some facts.
What a bunch of gibberish which amounted to nothing That post was….again.

Put up some details, take on board what others offer.

When are you going to take on board the perspective of other stakeholders ??? Instead of ignoring them???

Offer some facts, add to the discussion instead of trying to shut it down.

Stop deflecting and get involved in the conversation , when are you going to respond with some details????
YOU HAVE NONE!!
Andrew Bolt is a bigot, like yourself . Simple.

u lot should go grab a flash light and go look for all the other missing kids rather than post s**t about it on bigfooty then imo

Tell you what, after reading about this case and the BRE/Claremont serial killings I'd be very interested in moving to WA if I was a criminal.

140+ Police officers, 60+ full-time, unprecedented national coverage, Top-secret AFP technology, significant community assistance and it still only took three weeks to find a girl 3k from her home in a town of less than 6,000 people at the residence of a total creep who was following the victim's social media profiles and had (publicly) posted about his bizarre doll fetish online.

And I thought I was sh*t at my job.
Bang on.
But the media BS has been about the brilliant police work saving a kid.
It's a joke.
Cops could have solved this with phone tower records in a few days.

Then look at WA cops with Lloyd Rayney.

Then look at how they blamed some other random bloke for the Claremont killings for years.

Then look at their incarceration rates.

Dumbest cops in Australia.

Have a look at yourselves!

How dare this small white child be kidnapped and then found and rescued by the police? White privilege at its finest!

Not everything is about race and racism, it really shows the mental depravity that right as this kid is rescued, someone has to make a post bleating about white privilege blah blah blah.

From the look of her family they don't look to be very privileged, in fact I would say the opposite.

"I'm happy this child was rescued but......." the cherry on the cake is the fact it was an Aboriginal man who kidnapped her!

My husbands people are the victims in all of this, even though the child was white and the man who kidnapped her was Aboriginal...LOL
More like she has a point but the timing wasn't great.

But when is the timing great?

Truth is the timing is never good because nobody wants to hear it ever.

What about the facts on resources spent on children (irrespective of race) from the same socioeconomic profile?

Is it a socioeconomic/privilege thing (which in Australia does favour specific demographics for many, many reason), or a racial thing?

I don’t know the answer, but would like to see facts.

There are missing kids (left their home of their own free will) and missing kids (kidnapped) - the scenarios are very different.

There is far too much over simplifying and conflating different things to be the same to support an agenda.

Some are conflating stolen generation (government policy, right or wrong) with an individual committing a kidnap. Ludicrous comparison.
What are these many many reasons?

Give us a few.

What are these many many reasons?

Give us a few.

Reasons that favour some demographics over others and create what is referred to as “privilege”?

That’s easy. Here’s a few basic ones.

Level of education within the family unit.

Historic wealth of the family unit.

Proximity, and ease of access, to support services and recreational services.

A child has zero control over any of this. These factors will have a massive impact on the nurture side of their development.

An illustrative example.

If you have a special needs child, do you have the education or support services to identify it if you are in a remote community? Do you have the financial resources to physically move your life to be closer to support services? Do you have the education to be able to secure work closer to support services? Maybe, but probably not.

A child with the same special needs condition from what would be considered a poor family in an urban area has much more opportunity for support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back