Anderson slips up on naming drug offenders??

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2003
Traralgon
AFL Club
Richmond
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21466728%5E19742,00.html
Law tweak for trades
29 March 2007 Herald-Sun

THE AFL is considering a policy change on players with two strikes who are traded.

A club recruiting a player currently has no knowledge of his strikes.

It is possible the doctor at the player's former club will be asked to confidentially pass on the information to the new club.

The move would be designed to ensure the offending player continues to have the same level of counselling.

AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson said all players who had recorded positive tests would be monitored by the AFL's medical officers in the event they were traded.

"Any player who has already tested twice is well under the attention of our AFL medical officers and they will follow up with those two players regularly to make sure they continue to receive the message and are followed up by our medical officers," Anderson said.

Considering he is talking about players with two strikes that will/have been traded and that everyone is trying to protect the names of the 3 players who have tested twice...he has just narrowed down the names of 2 of those 3 players into a list of the 9 players that were traded last year. regardless that most people are aware of who they are anyway, a bit silly from Mr. Anderson, yes? So that means that two of the following players in no particular order are definately on two strikes for those who do not know.

Chris Tarrant
Dean Solomon
Graham Polak
Jason Akermanis
Andrew McDougall
Paul Medhurst
Michael Gardiner
Shane Birss
Peter Everitt

"Any player who has already tested twice is well under the attention of our AFL medical officers and they will follow up with those two players regularly to make sure they continue to receive the message and are followed up by our medical officers," Anderson said.

terrific spot

I read this and thought - clearly this has come about because the players have been traded - otherwise it wouldn't be an issue

but I missed the statement "those two"

what a knobhead - we all know who they are - but now we have it confirmed that two people traded last year were on 2 strikes

Considering he is talking about players with two strikes that will/have been traded and that everyone is trying to protect the names of the 3 players who have tested twice...he has just narrowed down the names of 2 of those 3 players into a list of the approx 9 players that were traded last year. regardless that most people are aware of who they are anyway, a bit silly from Mr. Anderson, yes?

Well spotted. This is perhaps a reason why they should identify who the players are. All players who switched clubs last year will now be under suspicion. In protecting the guilty we are tarnishing the innocent.

Top get.
It was a while ago, but didn't Andy Millions claim that the AFL admin didn't know who the 3 strike players were? The info being restricted to the MOs.

EDIT; Just read the court transcript. Anderson confirmed, at the time, he knew who the 3 players were 'alleged' to be (through reading a Media Monitors' article). Still doesn't mean he didn't stuff up identifying the terrible twosome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is both a good pick up and an incompetent slip up. Everyone makes mistakes but some people manage to get a few things right along the way too. Poor old AA just runs himself into brick walls every day. sometimes I think he has a difficult job justifying the unjustifiable but then I see this sort of stuff that just comes down to wherewithal and he has none. Good recruiting by a bloke on a mil.

Chris Tarrant
Dean Solomon
Graham Polak
Jason Akermanis
Andrew McDougall
Paul Medhurst
Michael Gardiner
Shane Birss
Peter Everitt

this is an article from the ASANA website

http://www.afana.com/netpaper/mar192006-78267.html

I couldn't find the age article that stated the club the 3 players were from

however this article names WCE. PORT, FREO

So that means either of

Gardiner or
Macdougall

Medhurst or
Polak

So that means either of

Gardiner or
Macdougall

Medhurst or
Polak
Oh dear... someone is going to be very very unhappy at Afl HQ when they find out they have screwed themselves over

So that means either of

Gardiner or
Macdougall

Medhurst or
Polak

Congratulations! You can take your prize (nothing) and leave, or come back tomorrow for a crack at the next AFL mystery....

Congratulations! You can take your prize (nothing) and leave, or come back tomorrow for a crack at the next AFL mystery....

mate - i think we all know the names - we just can't post them

however - using document articles to put together a logical finding is something within the BF rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Back