Andre Miller Traded for Darius Miles !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

ozcoltsfan

Senior List
May 4, 2002
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Indy Colts
WOW WHAT AN AWESOME TRADE !!!
Clippers = Contenders
Cavs = Contenders for 10 years in 3-4 years, which is what they wanted anyway

Andre Miller, the NBA's assist leader last season, and forward Bryant Stith have been traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Los Angeles Clippers for forwards Darius Miles and Harold Jamison, The Associated Press has learned.

See the article here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20020729/ap-clippers-cavalierstrade.html

What ya'll think ! ? !
This is huge !

thats awesome for the clips...

darius miles = tall, athletic, gangly type who scores on dunks & putbacks... there are sh*tloads of these types around..

a.miller = nba assists leader on a shyte team, quality PG..

that paves the way for dajuan wagner... who will be ROY !!

he wont get close to ROY unless he improves from when he played in memphis
darius will be most improved easily
i expect 18 and 9 from him next season

You Beauty for Cavs Fans!

They get everything they wanted and more :eek:

What the Cavs get...

1) An athletically gifted small forward/power forward
2) Hes only 20
3) They will suk next yr, which puts them nicely into the LeBron Stakes.
4) They will be exciting to watch, so there will be more people coming to games.

Team

PG - Wagner
SG - James- NBA will rig it for the Cavs...I can guarentee it
SF - Miles
PF - ??
C - Diop

Future Cavs?

All this, for a guy who was going to walk at the end of the year.

As for the Clippers, well

PG Miller
SG Richardson
SF Odom
PF Brand
C Olowakandi

Thats the team I would love to see them field anyway, excitement everywhere...except for maybe the boring point Miller, over rated Kandi, boring Brand, potheaded Odom, and headbanger Q ;)

This team though, will go places

Another top team in the West :(

Originally posted by Tyson J- Curry
You Beauty for Cavs Fans!

They get everything they wanted and more :eek:

What the Cavs get...

1) An athletically gifted small forward/power forward
2) Hes only 20
3) They will suk next yr, which puts them nicely into the LeBron Stakes.
4) They will be exciting to watch, so there will be more people coming to games.

Team

PG - Wagner
SG - James- NBA will rig it for the Cavs...I can guarentee it
SF - Miles
PF - ??
C - Diop

Future Cavs?

well, hopefully my GSW will play sh*t enough to land lebron..

PG - Wagner
SG - R.Davis
SF - L.Murray
PF - D.Miles
C - Z

might be exciting to watch... but still a bit of a shocker without the steady a.miller there!

All this, for a guy who was going to walk at the end of the year.
yes miller was going to walk in a years time..
but miles' contract finishes in 2 yrs time.. after which, he'd probably expect the max..
at least miller was already an established, top line player... whereas miles is still raaaaaw... !

As for the Clippers, well

PG Miller
SG Richardson
SF Odom
PF Brand
C Olowakandi

Thats the team I would love to see them field anyway, excitement everywhere...except for maybe the boring point Miller, over rated Kandi, boring Brand, potheaded Odom, and headbanger Q ;)

wrong wrong... excitment comes off the bench... e.piatkowski !!

still a v.good team!
its a shame they play in the west.. in particular the pacific..

Coxon, Cavs GM said many times that people dont come to games to see Andre.

People will come to see Miles ripping dunks, shot blocking, and cornrows ;)

The Cavs are striuggling off the court, and a deal like this, makes the pathetic franchise, a little exciting.

I wonder what Q is gonna do all alone now that his partner got traded :( .....come home and start Shooting guard for the Bulls?? ;)

An interesting trade to say the least. Miller is one of the best PG's in the league and bringing his immense talent to feed the ball to a talented team will certainly make the Clips playoff bound next season. For a guy to average over 10apg with the Cavs options on offence, you would have to think he has gone to heaven with Brand, Odom, Q, Kandi, Magette etc

As for the poor old Cavs, they get a possible future superstar, could we see a T-Mac unveiled? I doubt he will be that good but he will certainly be the go to man in Cleveland, expect a dismal year for them and they should claim Lebron next season.

Good trade though, Cleveland had to do it for the future of the club and the Clips continue to build a real good team worthy of challenging for the title in a year or two.

Finally some action...lets hope there are more trades to come.

Dammit!!

Another Pacific Division team with serious Playoff aspirations. I feel real sorry for Golden State, they may go through the entire season without a win.:D

This looks very good for the Clips. A decent PG was what they sorely missed last season, and with Miller they now have one of the better one directing a very potent looking offense.

The Lakers better get off their arse and do something, because I can see it being a real battle for positions in the West this year, and they could conceivably miss a top 4 position.

Oh, is it just me or does the Clippers have 4 PG's? Miller, Dooling, McInnis (Free Agent, isn't he?) and that tallish Euro Marco Jaric or something.

If McInnis isn't brought back, I see Miller starting (duh) with Dooling getting the majority of the backup minutes until Jaric gets his feel for the American side of the game.

Originally posted by mattyc2422
Oh, is it just me or does the Clippers have 4 PG's? Miller, Dooling, McInnis (Free Agent, isn't he?) and that tallish Euro Marco Jaric or something.

If McInnis isn't brought back, I see Miller starting (duh) with Dooling getting the majority of the backup minutes until Jaric gets his feel for the American side of the game.

Im pretty sure McInnis will be moved.

Originally posted by ozcoltsfan
WOW WHAT AN AWESOME TRADE !!!
Clippers = Contenders
Cavs = Contenders for 10 years in 3-4 years, which is what they wanted anyway

Andre Miller, the NBA's assist leader last season, and forward Bryant Stith have been traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Los Angeles Clippers for forwards Darius Miles and Harold Jamison, The Associated Press has learned.

See the article here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20020729/ap-clippers-cavalierstrade.html

What ya'll think ! ? !
This is huge !

Good trade for both teams.
Cavs need an exciting player to get the crowds back and the Clips are now playoff contenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coxon, Cavs GM said many times that people dont come to games to see Andre.

I thought this was a terrible statement. The major reason why people come to games is to see a winning team. A team full of flashy and highlight players that win at most 30 games each year will surely not draw consistent long term crowds.

With or without Miller, the Cavs would/will suck.

This will make them suck more for the LeBron sweepstakes...and also...get some Hip Hop Ball into Cleveland.

Ricky D, Wags & Miles....I see the Seats filled already :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back