Solved Andrei Chikatilo

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread created about The Butcher of Rostov already. Sentenced to death for committing 53 murders between 1978 and 1990, but admitted to 3 others. Of the 3, at least one of them, another guy was found guilty of doing, and I think got sentenced to death for it. Much has been made of his social awkwardness, particularly communicating with women. As a result, all of his victims were female, his murders were an impulse of a sexual nature. With this knowledge, I find it ironic that he was executed on Valentine's day, 1994.

When I was a kid, seeing this guy in the news, behind bars at the trial, was a confronting experience for me. It was scary, at time when I didn't understand anything and certainly why this guy did what he did. It wasn't that he was just a serial killer, I was aware of those type of people. it was something beyond that, I'm not sure if I still get it, but it did move me.

Nowadays, having seen docos and read articles about him, I think this is a case of someone going through a deep psychosis that wasn't dealt with. From reading articles and watching docos, I even had some sympathy for him. How he grew up, all the disrespect he copped as an adult (even as a teacher), there was obviously a tipping point, and his murders were a result. I think his murders satisfied a release of expression. I don't know what all of you think, but I'm not sure this guy was a completely terrible person (unlike that **** Fish). I think he didn't have an outlet to express himself or satisfy a need.

Good grief, just read his wiki page, the personification of evil if ever there was one, amazingly like the green river killer, the cops had him then let him go.

I remember reading this when I was a kid. Didn't he get away initially because he was the one in (lottery odds) person whose blood registered a different category to his semen?

I think he sounds exactly like Fish: a severly twisted *. No doubt they were both victims of their childhoods, as many serial killers and rapists are.

I think he qualifies as a completely sick bastard. Countless people have suffered the upbringing and indignities he did... not many have responded in this way. He was a monster.

Just reading his wiki now. I'm interested to know why (in reference to Chikatilo's first killing) they would just accept a confession and eventually execute someone else (who appeared to) have no evidence at all tying him to the scene.

Interested to watch Citizen X now.

Crime - Latest - Andrei Chikatilo - Ed_Gein - Today at 2:38AM - Hilarious!

I think he sounds exactly like Fish: a severly twisted ****. No doubt they were both victims of their childhoods, as many serial killers and rapists are.

I think he qualifies as a completely sick bastard. Countless people have suffered the upbringing and indignities he did... not many have responded in this way. He was a monster.
I'm getting you. But, unlike Fish, I'm not sure this guy enjoyed himself in the way Fish did. I think those letters Fish wrote make him stand above others. I'm not an expert, but I think 42 for would be pretty old for the first time murderer, so I think it can't be as simple as saying he's a sick ****. I do think a more progressive community/society could prevented this particular case. I don't know...

In recent years, I've read about some particularly gruesome crimes in Russia.

There was the chessboard killer, who actually set out to "beat" Chikatilo's "record". Social awkwardness was apparent in that one.

I also once saw on youtube another Russian killer who as was a chef who used to cut his victims up and put them in soup (which reminds me of another relatively recent case - may have been in Africa - where a couple were putting their victims in food that they were selling). Gruesome stuff.

Similarly, the Pickton murders in Canada where the offender sold meat supposedly containing traces of his victims, to customers (as well as apparently feeding some of his victims to pigs on his farm) :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back