Past Andrejs Everitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Welcome to Carlton. :thumbsu:

Don't quite know yet what role we have Andrejs ear-marked for, but there's no doubt his versatility is a real bonus.

Has been in the system for a while now and had somewhat of a break out season in 2013. Started to translate that undoubted talent into positive performances at AFL level. Opportunity may have played a huge part in that but you also have to give a tick to his work ethic.

Andrejs is a big boy but that doesn't limit his effectiveness. Certain aspects of his game can be criticized but what he is is a terrific mover for a player of his size. Can play at both ends of the ground as well as on the wing. Has terrific pace and is usually reliable with ball in hand.

He can frustrate at times with inconsistency and the odd brain fade. That alone makes him a perfect fit for the Carlton Football Club.

He can frustrate at times with inconsistency and the odd brain fade. That alone makes him a perfect fit for the Carlton Football Club.

Truer words have never been spoken!

Everitt's anxious wait

Several other clubs had expressed interest, but Everitt says he was swayed to come to Carlton after a visit from the senior coach.

"I think the main thing was that Mick came up and saw me,” Everitt said.

“He made the case as to why I should be in the Carlton jumper and it really hit home that I wanted to come back and play in Melbourne, and this is the team for me.”

Everitt's anxious wait

Carlton coach Mick Malthouse flying visit to Queensland to meet Andrejs Everitt sealed trade

“If Mick flies up there, he’s not signing you up to play seconds, so if you do want to make the move, you have to go somewhere you are going to be playing senior footy. There wasn’t a lot in it financially, so he wanted to go to Carlton.”
Carlton coach Mick Malthouse flying visit to Queensland to meet Andrejs Everitt sealed trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He missed a shot on goal last night - so unlike him. I thought as soon as he got it - it was a certain goal. Still a bloody accurate kick & a great great pick up.

He was on Stokes.

Has been terrific for us this season, but I actually thought last night was one of his poorer games. Was the first time he's been comprehensively beaten this year.

Interesting. Maybe I didn't see Everitt on Stokes because he wasn't doing his job properly :p

What a gun! Everitt has really helped Carlton, especially down in the forward end of the ground! Nobody really expected much of him but then suddenly appears this gun!

Have picked up the younger half of the Everitt family Peter Andrejs tribute act in the 2016 buddy draft.

As with Tuohy will be doing a stats run during the week. Game recaps where applicable.

Along with my other buddy in '16 Tuohy and being unable to watch a bulk of games due to work (Do get radio coverage just not the visual) will be condensing these into 4 round blocks.

Dre has missed half this period due to what's listed as a calf injury, he did take part in rounds 1 and 2 but definitely did not look like the same player from the previous two seasons. Hopefully this was due to carrying injury than interest as has been suggested by others.

Can kick goals and could be part of a forward goalkicking issue the club currently has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back