Andrejs Everitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Three. And I am betting that I will see my team get a fourth before yours gets another one, champ!

Oh! Fantasy futures! I love this game. Let me try ...

I'm betting I see my sixth before Geelong gets another one.

Is that checkmate? I'm a bit rusty :cool:

EDIT: Oh crap! It's not checkmate. I forgot to add in the "champ" bit at the end there.

Didn't your club sack a premiership coach in Alex Jesaulenko?

Was his contract us as well?
If you are referring to Jesaulenko leaving the club after the 1979 premiership, he wasn't sacked, he threw his lot in with the wrong candidate in a messy presidential stoush at the club & left himself with no choice but to leave the club. It was this sad situation that made me realise that no individual is bigger than the club.

So the problems that meant that his wife and son wanted to go back to Adelaide were made up by Gibbs. were they?

But then, Carlton aren't prone to sensitivity. They are the team who held a press conference to announce Malthouse as coach, while the rest of the footy world were mourning, the day after the death of Port footballer John McCarthy.

I'm surprised that Carlton didn't decide to sack Malthouse the day after the Phil Walsh murder, just so that the focus could be put back on Carlton again.

How do we know his son wanted to go to Adelaide?

He can't even talk yet for *s sake.

Gawd you are spouting some crap!!

Can you tell me why The Weapon and Steven Dank were working at Geelong during your premiership period, and what they were doing?

Dank was never at Geelong.

But do you know what was proven- that Carlton breached its salary cap in the 1990's, including 1995. That's why you lost draft picks.

You should have got the "Melbourne Storm" treatment and been stripped of your 1995 flag as well, and maybe it be awarded to us, as the runner-up. We didn't have a chance against a team who paid guys over the cap, so cough up your flag to us.

But do you know what was proven- that Carlton breached its salary cap in the 1990's, including 1995. That's why you lost draft picks.

You should have got the "Melbourne Storm" treatment and been stripped of your 1995 flag as well, and maybe it be awarded to us, as the runner-up. We didn't have a chance against a team who paid guys over the cap, so cough up your flag to us.

Actually, the years were 98/99 if im not mistaken. 95 was all above board though. And awarding Geelong the 95 flag is laughable. Whats your excuse for the 94, 92, & 89 flags? Not our fault you fluked your way into finals and got smashed in all those other Grand Finals as well.

You sound like like one of those parents who demand a participation trophy for their kid because they are too s**t to win anything on their own merit.

Hahaha. Carlton weren't penalised for salary cap breaches in 1995. You blokes lost that all on your own, like all your GF's around then. Ironically, the first breaches that we saw from those grand finalists from 95' onwards were from Geelong in 1998, who were fined and kicked out of the PSD for cheating the salary cap.

And of course no proof about The Weapon at Geelong, but boy, I think everyone knows those Geelong boys were just bigger and stronger and more physically resilient than the rest of the comp. At the time it was all so admirable to watch, but after the architects got sprung at the Dons, well yeah, probably best to climb down from your high horse all round champ!

If you are referring to Jesaulenko leaving the club after the 1979 premiership, he wasn't sacked, he threw his lot in with the wrong candidate in a messy presidential stoush at the club & left himself with no choice but to leave the club. It was this sad situation that made me realise that no individual is bigger than the club.

So you sack a club Legend and a premiership coach for backing a president who said one silly thing.

But then had John Elliott as president, who said many, many stupid things, and was worse than George Harris.

What possessed Carlton members to want to get rid of George Harris so badly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you sack a club Legend and a premiership coach for backing a president who said one silly thing.

But then had John Elliott as president, who said many, many stupid things, and was worse than George Harris.

Why are you even remotely interested about Carlton board issues from 1979 in a thread about Andrejs Everitt? Who shot J.R? The Ewing family need some closure..

We didn't sack Jesaulenko. He resigned when Harris lost the presidency. Harris, who had done a lot of good things for the club, made some poor investments on behalf of the club during the late '70s which cost the club tens of thousands of dollars.

Rest assured, no-one at the club wanted Jesaulenko to go. Jezza unfortunately made an error of judgement from which he decided there was no return. It was a sad time for the Carlton Football Club.

Actually, the years were 98/99 if im not mistaken. 95 was all above board though. And awarding Geelong the 95 flag is laughable. Whats your excuse for the 94, 92, & 89 flags? Not our fault you fluked your way into finals and got smashed in all those other Grand Finals as well.

You sound like like one of those parents who demand a participation trophy for their kid because they are too s**t to win anything on their own merit.
The problem for Geelong during that era was they had a number of players who shared a similar trait of Andrejs Everitt. Too many were conditional players.

We didn't sack Jesaulenko. He resigned when Harris lost the presidency. Harris, who had done a lot of good things for the club, made some poor investments on behalf of the club during the late '70s which cost the club tens of thousands of dollars.

Rest assured, no-one at the club wanted Jesaulenko to go. Jezza unfortunately made an error of judgement from which he decided there was no return. It was a sad time for the Carlton Football Club.

But John Elliott made heaps of inflammatory comments, and even went to prison, yet he continued to be President.

Yet the members wanted Harris gone, so badly, that they were prepared to have their biggest star and premiership captain/coach walk out the door. Jezza putting himself on the line should have meant that cooler heads prevailed.

Elliott shouldn't have lasted five minutes as Carlton president by comparison.

But John Elliott made heaps of inflammatory comments, and even went to prison, yet he continued to be President.

Yet the members wanted Harris gone, so badly, that they were prepared to have their biggest star and premiership captain/coach walk out the door. Jezza putting himself on the line should have meant that cooler heads prevailed.

No one gives a *

stop talking rubbish little boy! exactly when did jack go to jail?

well depends on your definition of "was never at" doesn't it? it is certainly true that he was involved as a supplier though as per the contents of the age article on 10/8/2015 - i wont bother pasting the complete article as the heading summarizes his involvement perfectly.

Geelong admits to sourcing drug from Stephen Dank during 2009 premiership year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back