Andrejs Everitt

Remove this Banner Ad

What did Everett cost the blues in draft picks when he was recruited by the blues?
Seemed fairly nominal at the time from memory.

picked up as a 24 year old after one of, if not his best season. from the afl website:

With just minutes remaining before the Friday deadline, official paperwork was lodged to the AFL that saw Everitt and the Swans third round selection (currently pick 39) go to Carlton in exchange for the Blues second round pick in the 2013 NAB AFL draft (currently pick 32).

hindsight is a beautiful thing but in my opinion clearly a mistake. the deal as brokered by MM and i think based on the false premise we had a list that was capable of contending. very frustrating player due to his lack of consistency.

Carlton gave up virtually nothing to bring him across. The difference between 39 and 32 is just about immaterial.

He did have a good year in his time at the club but unfortunately doesn't have the application to match the ability.

We've made plenty of mistakes but to consider this as one of those errors is a stretch and a half.

Some nothing pick we got for a s**t-hack ruckman
Cam Giles from memory. Didn't last long on your list. But not many other decent players from pick 30 onwards in that draft. Everett served a purpose and I think he had a couple of productive years when you had no forward targets.

Yet the members wanted Harris gone, so badly, that they were prepared to have their biggest star and premiership captain/coach walk out the door. Jezza putting himself on the line should have meant that cooler heads prevailed.
It didn't go down that way, but at the end of the day Harris' position at the club was untenable & it was extremely disappointing that Jesaulenko chose to go (he remains my favourite Carlton player of my life time). As I stated in a previous post, the one thing I learned from the whole messy business was that the club is greater than any individual. 2 years later we won our 13th premiership (& backed it up with our 14th the following season). This is why we follow our respective teams.

It didn't go down that way, but at the end of the day Harris' position at the club was untenable & it was extremely disappointing that Jesaulenko chose to go (he remains my favourite Carlton player of my life time). As I stated in a previous post, the one thing I learned from the whole messy business was that the club is greater than any individual. 2 years later we won our 13th premiership (& backed it up with our 14th the following season). This is why we follow our respective teams.

What did George Harris do that was SO bad?

Carlton supporters talking as if he wasn't one of your better players.... you just love getting rid of your goal kickers...

Carlton supporters talking as if he wasn't one of your better players.... you just love getting rid of your goal kickers...

Opposition supporters talking as if they know our better players... Conditional to the extreme and in regular need of defibrillation pre-game.

Opposition supporters talking as if they know our better players... Conditional to the extreme and in regular need of defibrillation pre-game.
For Carlton standards he was. Classic Carlton!

Carlton gave up virtually nothing to bring him across. The difference between 39 and 32 is just about immaterial.

He did have a good year in his time at the club but unfortunately doesn't have the application to match the ability.

We've made plenty of mistakes but to consider this as one of those errors is a stretch and a half.

Yep. The list manager at the time I believe was taking Cam Giles with that pick, whether it was 32 or 39.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back