Andrejs Everitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Deefence

Senior List
Aug 24, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is he the answer as the last piece of our puzzle?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/versatile-andrejs-everitt-almost-certain-to-change-clubs/story-e6frf9n6-1225777244574

I saw him play in the VFL a couple of weeks ago as a key forward towards the end of the match and he took a couple of nice grabs, looked very mobile and kicked well?

We are apparantly interested in him and are willing to part with pick 18 to get a deal done which basically means scully and trengove will be taken with picks 1 and 2. Could be very interesting.

Is he big enough to solve our problem along with watts? Thoughts?

Is he the answer as the last piece of our puzzle?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/versatile-andrejs-everitt-almost-certain-to-change-clubs/story-e6frf9n6-1225777244574

I saw him play in the VFL a couple of weeks ago as a key forward towards the end of the match and he took a couple of nice grabs, looked very mobile and kicked well?

We are apparantly interested in him and are willing to part with pick 18 to get a deal done which basically means scully and trengove will be taken with picks 1 and 2. Could be very interesting.

Is he big enough to solve our problem along with watts? Thoughts?
Yes. Can play either end. Awesome tallent that moves extremly well for a big man, and could also play onball. Pick 18 will be a fair trade i think.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Maybe he'll want to join us not them?

Who would he get more oppurtunity under?

I agree 100%.

Put your self in his shoe's. He can't get a game at the doggies and they are crying for a tall forward, why would HE want to go to the saints and be inline behind Kozi and Roo in the forward line, and he is no chance in their back line.

The issue will be getting the dogs to agree. Maybe P18 and Robbo (gets him on their books without the need of using the PSD, also assumes they have any interest).

Is Andrejs a better option than a Panos/Carisle/Black/Griffth?

He's a defender, or possible wingman. I can't see him having much use up forward and therefore wouldn't give 18 for him.

As for the saints getting him with 16/17 ahead of 18, the dogs may be more willing to trade to us if they could convince Everitt to go our way, because giving the saints an extra advantage might not be a great idea.

I think he will end up at Carlton for there second round pick. They seem to be quite good at getting deals done the blues - I do wonder how they do it!

He's a defender, or possible wingman. I can't see him having much use up forward and therefore wouldn't give 18 for him.

As for the saints getting him with 16/17 ahead of 18, the dogs may be more willing to trade to us if they could convince Everitt to go our way, because giving the saints an extra advantage might not be a great idea.

I think he will end up at Carlton for there second round pick. They seem to be quite good at getting deals done the blues - I do wonder how they do it!

No he won't, they would have to offer a decent player as well for that to happen.

What outside runner, small forward or tall forward would you be willing to part with for Everitt?

I agree 100%.

Put your self in his shoe's. He can't get a game at the doggies and they are crying for a tall forward, why would HE want to go to the saints and be inline behind Kozi and Roo in the forward line, and he is no chance in their back line.

The issue will be getting the dogs to agree. Maybe P18 and Robbo (gets him on their books without the need of using the PSD, also assumes they have any interest).

Robbo has been let go, so that's not an option. Maybe Miller and pick 18?

But yes, the big question is whether Everitt is a better option than any KPF's at 18.

But yes, the big question is whether Everitt is a better option than any KPF's at 18.

No we can still trade Robbo, just like the Swans can still trade Barry.

As far as I know until after trade week, Russell Robertson is still contracted to the Melbourne Football Club and thus we can still trade him.

Why did you think the club said they'd do everything they could to get him to another club? The only way they can help is by trading.

No he won't, they would have to offer a decent player as well for that to happen.

What outside runner, small forward or tall forward would you be willing to part with for Everitt?

None. I wouldn't trade for him. Do the Bullies want to trade him? Hasn't he still have 2 years left on his contract? So Bullies won't be bent over by the Blues. Says something about Everitt after signing with Bullies a few months ago, spits the dummy and wants out.

As a Everitt the player, looked very promising early but he really looks like a player who runs to his own beat. Playing as a tall half back or tall winger. Not too sure about his desire to play tight in defnce either. ((stand to be corrected by Bullies) Not exactly convincing that he's a KPF player either.

I would rather roll the dice with a Panos, Black, Temel or Carlisle.

what deals have they gotten done?

The AFL had to step in and force WCE and Freo to trade Judd and Warnock because the blues were offering under market value.

They refused to trade on the best (and only) offer given to them for Thornton (thank god).

They played silly buggers on the ROK deals last yr, in turn seeing him remain in sydney.

No we can still trade Robbo, just like the Swans can still trade Barry.

As far as I know until after trade week, Russell Robertson is still contracted to the Melbourne Football Club and thus we can still trade him.

Why did you think the club said they'd do everything they could to get him to another club? The only way they can help is by trading.

I stand corrected. But still, he holds no currency....the club could only hope to secure a "King deal" and get a fifth round draft pick to make sure he goes to the club he wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO Miller and 18 is a bit over the odds. Maybe 35 and Miller, but you have to give a little to get a little...

None. I wouldn't trade for him. Do the Bullies want to trade him? Hasn't he still have 2 years left on his contract? So Bullies won't be bent over by the Blues. Says something about Everitt after signing with Bullies a few months ago, spits the dummy and wants out.

As a Everitt the player, looked very promising early but he really looks like a player who runs to his own beat. Playing as a tall half back or tall winger. Not too sure about his desire to play tight in defnce either. ((stand to be corrected by Bullies) Not exactly convincing that he's a KPF player either.

I would rather roll the dice with a Panos, Black, Temel or Carlisle.

You are correct. He will never be a KPP.

why cant he be a KPP his listed as 193cm isnt he? if his big enough to play in the ruck why not KP...Am i missing something? Is it the type and style of player he is or what?

PS Im worried notdecent KPP's will be available at pick 18...:(

why cant he be a KPP his listed as 193cm isnt he? if his big enough to play in the ruck why not KP...Am i missing something? Is it the type and style of player he is or what?

The general impression is that he's too thin and wont really bulk up enough to be able to properly hold down a key position. Whilst he's got decent height most people reckon that he's more of a half back flanker/winger who could have a spell in the ruck.

It worries me that the Dogs, who are desperate for a key forward they could bomb the ball too wer'nt willing to use him this season in that role. If a team crying out for a key forward is'nt using Everitt as a key forward then I cant see us having any use for him.

I hope we're not seriously entertaining this as a trade.

Makes you wonder why the Doggies are trading a young already developing KPF for a late first/early second round pick :confused:

We will get a KPF @ 18; one of Black, Panos, Carlisle, Griffith, Vardy will be about, we might even get Temel at 34 who could be worth a punt.

Makes you wonder why the Doggies are trading a young already developing KPF for a late first/early second round pick :confused:

We will get a KPF @ 18; one of Black, Panos, Carlisle, Griffith, Vardy will be about, we might even get Temel at 34 who could be worth a punt.

Because he's not a KPP. And next season he will still be fighting with Josh Hill for the same position.

Because he's not a KPP. And next season he will still be fighting with Josh Hill for the same position.

You've seen him more then me but I agree.

193 cm doesn't means KPP. Some play taller then they are and some don't. Grant Birchall's 193ish, Joel Corey's 190ish. Paul Johnson 200cm. Some guys just don't play tall.

Thats the ultimate question, we need to go wit KPF with pick 18 even if that means picking up someone higher in the draft.

Never seen him play forward as KPF at AFL level so its bit unknown. Has he played much as KPF at VFL level?

There must be doubts on his long term ability to play as a key forward, you guys are desperate for one and this guy has the right frame to do it. Or is he suffering a bit due to your position on the ladder as your not in time frame to develop players.

We won't get him.

Saints are willing to give up their first round pick which is either 16 or 17.

Saints are contenders next year. Dees aren't.
Dogs may prefer to part with everitt to dees for pick 18 instead of 16.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back