Andrew Bolt (taken from ASADA thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to know that Bolt likes a 'conservative' approach to raping the earth of its resources and lining the pockets of the rich. Conservatism is a misnomer when it comes from the language of right-wing politics. Now Dan, whether you agree with human-induced climate change or not there is no question that we in the West over-consume. Bolt's economic rationalism Is all about consuming and if it wasn't for parties like the Greens who give a voice to these issues we'd consume ourselves into oblivion.

As for your distress at my use of 'denial', get serious mate. Don't try and high-jack a regular English word and attach to an historical evil in order to demonise my comments. That was very Bolt-like of you but I can assure you that holocaust denial hadn't even entered my mind when I wrote my earlier post :confused:
We could argue about this all night and neither of us are going to change our views are we?

Well, if you're a Green, then you won't change your views unfortunately. Your lot often don't. You believe in a human utopia, that can be achieved, not through freedom of the individual, or the free market, but through changing peoples behaviour through taxes, big government, more regulation. This extreme ideology has led to the deaths of 100 million people in the 20th century. All for the "greater good" of course.

The "consumption" you talk of has led to you benefitting from a way of life and standard of living, that has never been matched. You want to stop this? That's the problem with the Greens. They hate humans. They want to "punish" humans for "hurting the planet" even though these hypocrites take advantage of the awesome standard of living that capitalism has allowed.

It's guilt. Never before have humans had it so good. So, the Greens feel it must stop and we must punish ourselves.

Lunatics.

People, since sticking to the topic in the ASADA thread is apparently a little hard, I've decided to split Bolt-related posts and put them in a new thread here.

If you can be really bothered...err..bolt away and post related thoughts here.

Please keep the continued debate out of the ASADA thread.

Well, if you're a Green, then you won't change your views unfortunately. Your lot often don't. You believe in a human utopia, that can be achieved, not through freedom of the individual, or the free market, but through changing peoples behaviour through taxes, big government, more regulation. This extreme ideology has led to the deaths of 100 million people in the 20th century. All for the "greater good" of course.

The "consumption" you talk of has led to you benefitting from a way of life and standard of living, that has never been matched. You want to stop this? That's the problem with the Greens. They hate humans. They want to "punish" humans for "hurting the planet" even though these hypocrites take advantage of the awesome standard of living that capitalism has allowed.

It's guilt. Never before have humans had it so good. So, the Greens feel it must stop and we must punish ourselves.

Lunatics.
You want so bad that humans don't cause climate change so you can continue to live your excessive lifestyle. How about we cut back on our excesses, pollute less and maybe, just maybe, also limit climate change. Not the worst philosophy I would've thought. And if humans have got it so good then maybe you should go and ask the Bagladeshi single mum working in a factory 6 days a week, how good she's got it. It's a global village Dan and we are living the good life at the expense of others.

Lunatics.

Yeah all the cheap s**t pine furniture and electrical appliances that come from China have really put us in the upper level of our 'standard of living'.

I especially love those kettles and toasters that last 8 months.:thumbsu:

And the factories that make them....what's a bit of crap in the air gunna do to anyone hey?

Um I feel lost in here, isolated, in fact I'm beginning to fear the infiltration of this thread by foreigners, boat-people even. They come in here and change our way of thread. It would be illegal entry into our thread. Fear them fear them they are not like us. They should only enter this thread if they can answer questions about our way of thread. Excise the borders! Detain them on smaller threads for years and years. Ahh child overboard.
Phew for a minute there I lost myself.

OMG this thread.

My two cents:

Andrew Bolt has no business commenting on sport.
He has his own clear agenda, see if you can find where he snuck it in there.

I really don't want him associated with our club.

You want so bad that humans don't cause climate change so you can continue to live your excessive lifestyle. How about we cut back on our excesses, pollute less and maybe, just maybe, also limit climate change. Not the worst philosophy I would've thought. And if humans have got it so good then maybe you should go and ask the Bagladeshi single mum working in a factory 6 days a week, how good she's got it. It's a global village Dan and we are living the good life at the expense of others.

Interesting comment. What did you post that on - your computer, your smartphone, or your tablet?

Interesting comment. What did you post that on - your computer, your smartphone, or your tablet?
Helllloooo.
I make sacrifices in my lifestyle. My conscience is clear. The issue is not Western technology and human advancement in themselves but instead is about greed, over-consumption, waste (a new phone every year???)
I own gadgets, but I didn't own a car for 5 years and my family currently gets by with only one. I'm vegetarian also which is one of the more significant lifestyle changes you can ethically make. I could go on, but meh. Seeing you're so interested in my gadgetry what effort do you make to modify your Western indulgences?

Just read this article and thought it might sit nicely in this thread :)

http://m.theage.com.au/news-and-vie...in-the-bangladesh-tragedy-20130428-2in4s.html

what is this I don't even

A certain person here decided to use Andrew Bolt's article about the media coverage of the ASADA thing as an opportunity to get on his soapbox and preach why Andrew Bolt is apparently the ants pants of journalism in this country.

Most people vehemently disagreed, funnily enough. So I split the posts in question off and dumped them here, because it was side-tracking the ASADA thread.

sumfink lyk dat neway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back