Unleash The Bull?

• Yes

• No

• Serrong

• Alex Pearce

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee no love for Pearce in here..

Pearce should stay captain for another season or 2. Brayshaw and Serong are very young still and tbh there's no rush. I think Pearce is doing a fantastic job so far.

I agree and stated earlier that Pearce should be next year.

Andy possibly the year after.

The issue with Pearce is durability.
Nothing against him, but like Fyfe the injury concerns are real.

Yes true but currently he's been playing more than he has for a long time.

Andy could step in the times he's unavailable which would provide opportunities to grow in the role.

As much a I think serong would be an awesome captain Big Bull Brayshaw gets my vote. He is consistent, where as Serong had some games early in the year where he went missing a little bit…… he does stand up when we need him most….. s**t I’m torn between them.

AB All the way. He us a driven mofo and the boys still love him. He organised the pre season training.
And he has lifted in a few games when needed.

Serong number 2.

But give Pearce a year with AB as number 2.

Gee no love for Pearce in here..

Pearce should stay captain for another season or 2. Brayshaw and Serong are very young still and tbh there's no rush. I think Pearce is doing a fantastic job so far.
If Nathan isn’t captain, I agree with this. Let Andrew & Caleb just build on their game & improve by being in leadership group. They have plenty of time. I would have thought our results with AP being captain have been great. He’s been second in voting behind Nathan in the last 3/4 years which means the playing group loves him .

Too soon. While Fyfe is around leave him in the position.

Imagine we’ve traded away a future 1st, we lose Lobb and Mundy, and have changed captains. It’s too scary we could drop down the ladder.
We haven't had our captain for 75% of the year. I don't think it will affect the side if it's changed permanently so he can focus on his body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven't had our captain for 75% of the year. I don't think it will affect the side if it's changed permanently so he can focus on his body.

You don’t remember 2016? If Fyfe’s fit it will be difficult for Andy / Caleb to talk to Fyfe like a captain should. I don’t think it’s a good idea. If we plummet down the ladder it will be a disaster move.

Fyfe gets one more yeat to get it right. Like some other posters have said if fyfe gets his body right and starts turning it on hes miles ahead of current brayshaw and serong and would obviously be the on field leader. This also gives brayshaw and serong another season to stake there case. The difference between Andy and Caleb's leadership styles is very interesting, with Andy currently being more consistent but Serong being the more passionate. Another season could make it obvious who should be Captain, or co captians.

Cant believe the lack of support for Fyfe, along with Pav our greatest ever player and Skipper on this thread. How short our memories!!
No one (not even Brayshaw) trains harder, no one (not even Wilson) has more purple in his veins. When a guy carries a whole team on his shoulders for close to a decade you dont dump him cos hes been injured for a year. Fyfe, in my mind, has earned the right to Captain these youngsters in the twighlight of a great career.
There will be time enough for AB and Caleb to become formal leaders, for now let them concentrate on their craft.
Its important for good clubs to respect their greats like Fyfe Mundy and SonSon.
Fyfe captains next year.

Cant believe the lack of support for Fyfe, along with Pav our greatest ever player and Skipper on this thread. How short our memories!!
No one (not even Brayshaw) trains harder, no one (not even Wilson) has more purple in his veins. When a guy carries a whole team on his shoulders for close to a decade you dont dump him cos hes been injured for a year. Fyfe, in my mind, has earned the right to Captain these youngsters in the twighlight of a great career.
There will be time enough for AB and Caleb to become formal leaders, for now let them concentrate on their craft.
Its important for good clubs to respect their greats like Fyfe Mundy and SonSon.
Fyfe captains next year.
Meh..fyfe has never been a great captain..he will carry a team to a brownlow but has never been a player that inspires his team mates..
Love him but not as captain.. sorry

AB All the way. He us a driven mofo and the boys still love him. He organised the pre season training.
And he has lifted in a few games when needed.

Serong number 2.

But give Pearce a year with AB as number 2.
We already did give moose a year, this year. 2023 captain brayshaw!

Fyfe to go around again would be ideal if not would probably chuck moose in as a stop gap for 1-2 years
just gives AB Serong another year or two to really focus on their footy and mature a bit more.
Serong is probably better suited now like Mitchell(2008) at hawks but feel AB will be better/amazing captain in the second half of his career ala hodge.

Too soon. 2022 has been his breakout year. I wouldn't want to mess with his development in any way. Giving him the captaincy next year may interfere with that.

He will probably be captain eventaully, or Serong. Mundy's comments are interesting.

Fyfe has had a shocking run with injuries this year but he still deserves to be captain. If he wasn't getting injured we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Too soon. 2022 has been his breakout year. I wouldn't want to mess with his development in any way. Giving him the captaincy next year may interfere with that.

He will probably be captain eventaully, or Serong. Mundy's comments are interesting.

Fyfe has had a shocking run with injuries this year but he still deserves to be captain. If he wasn't getting injured we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Serong addressing the group today was some good footage.

Back