Toast Andrew (Carrots) Carrazzo - 150 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont believe that no one else had done this... but a big Congrats goes out to Andrew for his 150 games for the club that he loves.

Carlton and me
“The simple fact that our family barracks for Carlton is enough motivation for me to give a little bit more if I’ve got it,” Carrazzo said. “I’ll be a Carlton supporter until the day I die and so it will be for my family. The Carlton Football Club is a special club and there’s that historic element for me and my own.”
Carlton and me

Take away the fact that for some reason he ended up on the Geebungs rookie list for 2 years, he's managed to come along quite nicely from the days of the 'Carrazzo - Italian for turnover' to being a star footballer for the club.

The fact that he is a dyed in the wool Blues supporter just makes it that little bit sweeter.

So... once again congratulations to Andrew on his 150 games

if geelong had of retained him, would he have eventually made there team? or the fact that he came to the blues gave him the opportunity to develop at senior level?

Congrats on the 150

I recon because he got an oppertunity to play AFL made him a great player for us but he would have got a game with Geelong and became a good player. Carrazzo is a good old fashion footballer, smart, hard at it, mentally tough, great competator and reads the game in all situations so well. End of the day he was a steal and I'm sure he was glad to become a blue.

A rookie made good. Being a rookie at two clubs and playing 150 games means you have done it the hard way and aren't one the coach has to motivate to go harder. Well done Carrots. Has continued to reinvent himself and shows plenty of leadership. A long long way from being one of our whipping boys.

One of my favourite players these days. He's like Wiggins in that he's a great clubman who obviously loves his club; of course he has a fair bit more natural ability than Wiggo but it's still been a major credit to Carrots to come from being a rookie to being a star player and it can't have been easy. Even next to Juddy, he's the ultimate footy professional too.

Kill 'em Andy and Go Blues.

Massive achievement by a great guy who at the age of 28 has raised his level to that of a genuine star. Well done Carrots. Enjoy it , you've earned it. Tha hard way.:thumbsu:

Well done on making the 150.:thumbsu:

Had his critics early (including me) but he has shown what hard work and determination can help you achieve. He is one of the few good things to come out of the club during its darkest period.

Still has plenty left in him so should be around to see the reward for his hard work in the next couple of seasons.

Carrots was on Before the game last night and he told the story of how he came to Carlton and how he spoke to Bomber Thompson and discussed moving to his beloved Carlton and Bomber rang Denis Pagan and gave him a great reference and the rest as they say is history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great servant of the club Carrots has been. It is a credit to his hard work that he is now one of our most important players & is now getting recognition across the competition. If not for his injury in Round 4, Carrots would most likely be in the running for AA selection & probably the John Nicholls Medal this season I am a huge fan of Carrots & look forward to cheering him on tomorrow night in this milestone game.

Major congrats to Andy!

As many have said already, the achievement is all the more impressive considering his rookie list beginnings. And sweeter still given he is a 'true blue'.

I have to admit that I was of the opinion for several years that Carrazzo was of the 'potato' variety, and that he has proven me very wrong (not that my opinion matters). I now feel that he is one of the most important players in the side. Man, this humble pie tastes so good.

Not one to pot players but was critical of Carrazzo's decision making circa 2010. .. Always thought he needed to think about his disposal, less and just do the simple things. .. Seems to have done this or at least improved his kicking. .. Has always been a club player though and love that he has translated this into a quality all round game. ..

Congratulations on 150 and lets hope for 150+ more. ..

Not one to pot players but was critical of Carrazzo's decision making circa 2010. .. Always thought he needed to think about his disposal, less and just do the simple things. .. Seems to have done this or at least improved his kicking. .. Has always been a club player though and love that he has translated this into a quality all round game. ..

Congratulations on 150 and lets hope for 150+ more. ..

Think he's second for disposal efficiency at the club this year. Definitely improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back