Rumour Andrew Crowell's comments to non-Captains club members

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks hank. Makes a bit more sense now.
Whilst I empathize with the noisr makers is not unreasonable to ask ppl to be quieter during an interview post match.
The elitism does sit me though...

Thanks hank. Makes a bit more sense now.
Whilst I empathize with the noisr makers is not unreasonable to ask ppl to be quieter during an interview post match.
The elitism does sit me though...
i didn't mind when he asked once although the way he asked was quite poor.

He literally said that the people at the back could go and get...

If its true that the club do get $$ from bar sales in that room then that makes zero sense.

the fact he then at least 5 or 6 times more said how rude the people at the back were was just childish.

If its true that the club do get $$ from bar sales in that room then that makes zero sense.

the fact he then at least 5 or 6 times more said how rude the people at the back were was just childish.

I agree the way he asked was poor. And the speaker system at the front obviously is not set up well enough for the purpose intended as it seemed a bit muffled. I agree maybe they do need to partition it off or set it up so that people who want to listen can, and those who don't, don't have to.

I also believe people should be able to support how they want to, even though I find it hard to understand how anyone can sit in silence. I have gone to Adelaide Oval twice this year and I love the experience.

Believe it or not, those who watch the game in silence are valid game attenders. You pay the price of the ticket, you can cheer or sit in silence.

To state that people must cheer or be loud or active at the game is just ignorant.

I completely agree with you.

But don't you find it weird, how quiet we are?

Well thats ****ed. Very disappointing

The entire "match day experience" has just about convinced me to stop going.

Between:

- Crowell and his mate yelling into my ear every break
- 19th man lets make some noise after every goal
- The OTR 3/4 time lunacy
- The Aussie Ripper Roast Man of the Moment telling us Neville Jetta is tearing us to shreds
- The ground announcer constantly talking during the game - "just confirming that a quarter and a half ago, Grigg came on for Mackay, who went off on a stretcher, which I missed because I was telling you all the results from other games during the day for no apparent reason over and above filling silence"

It grates at the best of times, but when we're getting pumped by Richmond... SHUTUP SHUTUP SHUTUP!!!
This actually sounds horrible. Reminds me of what they used to do at princess park

Reckon they should redo seating allocations with people nominating if they want to be in a noisy or quiet bay like they do for drinking or non. That way you concentrate the noise makers. Mind you it did get very loud in the last on TV.

Post match functions are important and I hate when people are talking when the players are being interviewed. If you want to talk why not go to an external pub?

This is unrelated to this particular incident because I know nothing about it, but Crowell is one of the biggest flogs to ever flog and I can't believe he actually gets paid to do what he does when he's so terrible at it.

I do wonder about Wayne Phillips though - what's the relevance of his in this day and age?

And the Ripper Roast, OTR etc stuff shits me as well - the RRoast one is the worst, you can tell it has to happen a certain number of times per game, because if we're playing like s**t, it'll still pop up.. "Man of the Moment - Matt Wright, with 3 disposals."

He re-grew his mullet from 1985, that's how relevant he is.

But to be fair he did make a century on test debut as he reminds people constantly. (Less likely to remind people he coached a state side that was bowled out for 29)

I want to know who has polled most 'man of the moment's' this year. Played a drinking game where we had to guess who 'the man' was before it was announced. A pint for a wrong guess...needless to say I was absolutely smashed.

You uncouth, overly loud barrackers are welcome to join us over on the hill at any time....I've been over to two games at AO now as a Vic member, and it's the best part of the experience - you don't get this at the MCG or Etihad. All the crocheting, thermos-weilding, cucumber sandwich munchers can stay in the stands. The Hill is the place to be!

[
Believe it or not, those who watch the game in silence are valid game attenders. You pay the price of the ticket, you can cheer or sit in silence.

To state that people must cheer or be loud or active at the game is just ignorant.

That's very nice, but who wants a supporter base that doesn't cheer. Stay at home and watch on TV if you are that way inclined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[

That's very nice, but who wants a supporter base that doesn't cheer. Stay at home and watch on TV if you are that way inclined.

What an ignorant thing to say. So because others aren't assimilating to an imposed norm of behaviour set by...who, those who shout and cheer, that they should stay at home?

When anyone goes to any game, anywhere, they are not obliged to shout and cheer, and they shouldn't feel like they need to. This lambasting of them on this forum is just pathetic.

What an ignorant thing to say. So because others aren't assimilating to an imposed norm of behaviour set by...who, those who shout and cheer, that they should stay at home?

When anyone goes to any game, anywhere, they are not obliged to shout and cheer, and they shouldn't feel like they need to. This lambasting of them on this forum is just pathetic.

Whatever mate. Its an opinion. They are free to go to the game and sit there like statues and I am free to criticise them. They no doubt consider themselves mad Crows supporters, when they can only ever be spectators. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me ignorant.

I don't see much difference between someone having a go at people for not making any noise and the quiet people having a go at the louder supporters and telling them to be quiet. Everyone has paid to enter. However I don't think that people pay for the right to have a quiet, peaceful afternoon at the football. If you want to sit down in silence, fine, but the club does encourage you to make noise and support the team, so don't complain when the people around you are shouting, jumping up or whatever else.

Whatever mate. Its an opinion. They are free to go to the game and sit there like statues and I am free to criticise them. They no doubt consider themselves mad Crows supporters, when they can only ever be spectators. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me ignorant.

Spectators is not an exclusive category for those that don't cheer.

I never claimed you were ignorant. I claimed you said something ignorant; "Stay at home and watch on TV if you are that way inclined."
Which is not an opinion but a directive.

Just as an aside though, would you criticize the following people?

Person A who has social anxiety disorder and is brave enough to just be at the game.?
Person B with their kids who don't necessarily want to cheer and shout in front of their kids?
Person C who for reasons relating to their cultural values, don't express themselves freely in public?
Or person D through Z whose range of temperaments and personalities don't predispose them to cheering and shouting at the footy?

Of course people can sit there in silence if they choose to, however I and many others have been told to be quiet for barracking to loud. I doubt if the reverse has happened.

Of course people can sit there in silence if they choose to, however I and many others have been told to be quiet for barracking to loud. I doubt if the reverse has happened.

The old duck who sits behind me, tells me to sit down in front every time I jump up. I cheer but not overly loud (not quiet) but I'm afraid if I say something - she will get me kicked out for abusing her. She is about 65.

Also, she just says "go, go, go" after every good play and I'm at the point of throttling her if she says it one more time.

The old duck who sits behind me, tells me to sit down in front every time I jump up. I cheer but not overly loud (not quiet) but I'm afraid if I say something - she will get me kicked out for abusing her. She is about 65.

Also, she just says "go, go, go" after every good play and I'm at the point of throttling her if she says it one more time.

LOL, at least your old duck makes some noise, mine (3 of them) have yet to make a noise, they don't even do the polite clap thing.

i'll barrack hard after a few beers. otherwise i just sit and stew and lose my fingernails.

the filthy on bastard behind me really pisses me off though. he's foul. which is quite odd as he dresses well and is about 60yo, but goes off like a drunken sailor.

LOL, at least your old duck makes some noise, mine (3 of them) have yet to make a noise, they don't even do the polite clap thing.

She hates Sam Jacobs and Taylor Walker. She boos them under her breath at the beginning of the game in the introductions.

She hates Sam Jacobs and Taylor Walker. She boos them under her breath at the beginning of the game in the introductions.
Wha????

Last edited:
How could anyone hate Sauce????

I could see Tex rubbing people up the wrong way.

I reckon we have another 10-15 years until these "type" of members die off (not literally, just not go to the footy) the ones that joined in 91 who were not die hard footy supporters, probably never went to an SANFL game and have no idea about barracking who are now in there 60's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back