Toast Andrew Daff and Kal Fried

Remove this Banner Ad

But Daff and Fried were perhaps best known for their efforts in saving Ricky Petterd’s life, when the then first year Demon suffered a collapsed lung against Carlton in round 14, 2007.
:thumbsu:

Shame to lose such experience, hopefully it is replaced by as well or more qualified, experienced and talented people. I can't blame them for moving on, and it is an appropriate time. Good luck to both of them.

Shame to lose such experience, hopefully it is replaced by as well or more qualified, experienced and talented people. I can't blame them for moving on, and it is an appropriate time. Good luck to both of them.

I get the feeling we already have someone lined up and that maybe they got the slightest nudge rather than jumping of their own accord. Neeld really is getting down to the nitty-gritty of turning this club around.

I don't normally post but one of these doctors is a relative of mine and it has been amazing to watch his dedication and commitment to the Melbourne football team. Truly a loss for a the Melbourne football club.

I don't normally post but one of these doctors is a relative of mine and it has been amazing to watch his dedication and commitment to the Melbourne football team. Truly a loss for a the Melbourne football club.

Cheers mate, please pass our appreciation! Unfortunately everything good comes to an end!

I have apt of respect for the work they've done and wish them all the best!

I get the feeling we already have someone lined up and that maybe they got the slightest nudge rather than jumping of their own accord. Neeld really is getting down to the nitty-gritty of turning this club around.

Ummm.... The rumor is that they both walked out on the club after our new fitness guy came in all guns a blazing and was telling our very experienced very senior very well respected docs how to do their jobs. Non medical trained people telling medical people how to do medical stuff ain't good!

Ummm.... The rumor is that they both walked out on the club after our new fitness guy came in all guns a blazing and was telling our very experienced very senior very well respected docs how to do their jobs. Non medical trained people telling medical people how to do medical stuff ain't good!
Really? I was just commenting on the fact heaps of the support staff appeared to be making way for Neeld's chosen ones. If true, that's not great but better than them not getting on all year I guess. Would be interested to know where the rumour came from though.

suddenly remembered this today...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything fishy in this? Not trying to poke around but wouldn't have thought its a great look that all AFL clubs are being investigated and out 2 medico's step down...

I've been told from a good source within sports medicine that Daff wasn't happy earning approx. $45,000 per year as a club doctor whilst a sports scientist steps in and earns approx. $250,000 per year. I believe however that club doctors are part time and Misson is fulltime?

i would be too!

Daff mentioned on the radio a few days ago that he left the club because he said he was getting medical orders from guys not qualified. I had assumed by the way he was talking about it that it was ancient history and something that happened under the former regime. I now has a sad. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back