I think Andrew Demetriou is as crooked as they come

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL have been very smart in making sure there is no independent Media covering Football. They have all their puppets to speak and agree with them on every single media outlet. Anyone who disagrees with them is short shifted out.
The game is far worse off not having independent media.

Mates looking after mates. Must be.

I’m not for banning people from public life because of mistakes but he’s not exactly a polished media performer and while his current issues are lingering it’s probably all the audience thinks about when they see him.

He's on their as he sees it as a form of 'laundering'.

Instead of money, this time its his character he's trying to wash white. ;)

The AFL have been very smart in making sure there is no independent Media covering Football. They have all their puppets to speak and agree with them on every single media outlet. Anyone who disagrees with them is short shifted out.
The game is far worse off not having independent media.
Agree with this completely, any independent journalist who doesn't toe the company line gets their accreditation torn up as quick as you like. Mick Warner was a prime example of this a couple of years ago.

Agree with this completely, any independent journalist who doesn't toe the company line gets their accreditation torn up as quick as you like. Mick Warner was a prime example of this a couple of years ago.

Yeah, even their own employee Mitch Cleary got stood down when he had the temerity to write something about the Cotchin soap opera last year and might have been sacked if it wasn't for the immediate hue and cry from the likes of Media Watch, MEAA, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mates looking after mates. Must be.

I’m not for banning people from public life because of mistakes but he’s not exactly a polished media performer and while his current issues are lingering it’s probably all the audience thinks about when they see him.
Most probably his cronies at AFL House putting out the word to their media henchmen to be nice to him.

AD will always be welcome in the AFL, as he should be.

Nothing wrong with being a little crooked after all.

Andy saved more than one AFL club. And he tried to help Essendon too...
Fat Andy tipped off the Bombers or got somebody he knew to tip them off that the testers were in town and and the bombers destroyed all the evidence to show that what injected into the bombers players was illegal. You don't destroy evidence that shows you are innocent only if your guilty.
Fat Andy must have been fully aware of the illegal injecting going on at the bombers and others clubs as well, but just turned a blind eye to it. The Fat Man has been quiet on the whole matter ever since and recent events have shown the Fat Andy is not totally trust worthy. From somebody who had an opinion on how others sports should be run he silence tells you all you need to know about him and his time at AFL house
Never forget with Fat Andy it was always money first for him and the game 2nd

What the latest about Fat Andy as i haven't heard and seen a thing about since his court case
Has the case been swept under the rug or just kicked into the long grass for now?
Yeh and the rest of the “alleged” crew involved

Demetriou implicated in the Royal Commission on Crown’s activities. He oversaw an organisation involved in junkets, money laundering, irresponsible management of pokies, organised crime etc. Professor Alan Feld on Radio National just described Crown board appointees as a “boys club” completely out of their depth. I would describe it as a seedy circus run by evil clowns. Honk.

Demetriou implicated in the Royal Commission on Crown’s activities. He oversaw an organisation involved in junkets, money laundering, irresponsible management of pokies, organised crime etc. Professor Alan Feld on Radio National just described Crown board appointees as a “boys club” completely out of their depth. I would describe it as a seedy circus run by evil clowns. Honk.

Hands up anyone not surprised by this.

Hands up, anyone?

Anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back