Andrew Demetriou ...... Your Time Is Up !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting deals prior to the investigation to make sure the players don't get dealt with as harshly as people would have thought?

Nothing to see here, completely normal way to run a sport/business.

Where the hell did you get from that article?

In fact, it clearly says no such deal was made!

The AFL are more corrupt than FIFA.
If Essendon get off this it is purely because VLAD needs them so it doesnt jeopardize the TV rights deal.
A clear message here, money is more important than the integrity of the competition.
The AFL make me sick. And they can stick their MRP where the sun doesnt shine.

If it is proven Essendon players used banned substances and get off without a suspension, then Vlad is corrupt, the AFL is corrupt, ASADA is corrupt and Australia looks like a bunch of hypocrites when it comes to drugs in sport.

But at least we know the cricket team is clean.

Given the absolute mockery the match review system is, I'm just about ready to see the back of Vlad.

Jonas "offered" 3 weeks for a perfect hip and shoulder.

**** off.

Yep, they really need to look at this. 3 matches for that is ridiculous. The AFL is like any other administration, they are so blinded by $$$$$$$ and political correctness that they have lost the ability to see common sense.

If Essendon get off this it is purely because VLAD needs them so it doesnt jeopardize the TV rights deal.
A clear message here, money is more important than the integrity of the competition.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that the AFL are more corrupt than FIFA, FIFA set the benchmark here.

However I agree with the rest of your post and put simply, for mine, either Essendon pays and pays heavily or Demetriou walks. If both escape then it'll surely be a blight on the game's history.

Annnnd as long as people blindly follow the code and drown themselves in all things AFL and keep going to games and keep handing over money then this will happen.

Been saying it for years but the sheep would rahter bitch about it online and still keep going.

So its usless to think much will change.

Annnnd as long as people blindly follow the code and drown themselves in all things AFL and keep going to games and keep handing over money then this will happen.

Been saying it for years but the sheep would rahter bitch about it online and still keep going.

I agree and I'm about at my wit's end with the way the AFL is run from the umpiring, rules committee & MRP to the fixturing and overall governance of the game. However not turning up won't hurt the AFL it will only hurt the MFC. I'm thinking next year I may still buy my premium MFC membership but not turn up to many if any games.

Na mate I think you can go deeper with something like this "money is more important than the health and well being of 18 to 19 year old boys "

I agree and I'm about at my wit's end with the way the AFL is run from the umpiring, rules committee & MRP to the fixturing and overall governance of the game. However not turning up won't hurt the AFL it will only hurt the MFC. I'm thinking next year I may still buy my premium MFC membership but not turn up to many if any games.

This is the core of why people still go. There might be empty stands but the money still comes in through other avenues.

We need mass protest, we need huge banners at games, we need a round of empty stadiums as protest.

I am not saying to just drop everything and not go but lets do it for a few rounds. Send messages to Dimwit and Co.

This country needs to snap out of its apathetic laziness and start to use people power. I am sick to death of docile aussies not doing anything casue its just to bloody hard. No its not..you are just friggen lazy and scared of a challenge.

But saying that i know nothing will change. Aussies are just docile and too lazy to, you know, give a stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I will happily donate money for a fine as long as the message is loud and clear.

I am happy to offer my services in design to make big readable banners. We need a lot of people to hold banners like a protest march.

We dont need small little handwritten or spray painted message on a bed sheet held up after goals that gets lost amongst other and loud cheesy banners.

If we dont act or do something, we might as well save our bitching in a word file, save it to our desktop and just copy and paste it to a thread weekly, cause shits aint gonna change.

If there were banners unfurled at a game having a go at AD and Co with no foul language/abusive statements would they last or would they be pulled down?

What do you reckon? A bloke with money pinned to his jacket was threatened with ejection last year at Melbourne v GWS.

ANd as soon as you stand up in some stadiums security comes and tells you to sit down.

After being in some of the best atmospheres in sport around the world, watching sport live in australia is a massive come down.

This is the core of why people still go. There might be empty stands but the money still comes in through other avenues.

We need mass protest, we need huge banners at games, we need a round of empty stadiums as protest.

I am not saying to just drop everything and not go but lets do it for a few rounds. Send messages to Dimwit and Co.

This country needs to snap out of its apathetic laziness and start to use people power. I am sick to death of docile aussies not doing anything casue its just to bloody hard. No its not..you are just friggen lazy and scared of a challenge.

But saying that i know nothing will change. Aussies are just docile and too lazy to, you know, give a stuff.

The thing is even if there were that kind of "people power" assertiveness I would rather see it directed where it actually matters (politically and economically) rather than just towards a game of footy. I'm starting to think it might be better off just to start supporting the local club that way they don't charge you a fortune to get in, you see guys playing for the jumper, you can get decent beer at decent prices and it actually feels like more of a club rather than a franchise. Might go back to supporting my junior team instead of forking out hundreds of dollars to the AFL every year.

The thing is even if there were that kind of "people power" assertiveness I would rather see it directed where it actually matters (politically and economically) rather than just towards a game of footy.

I agree, but we have seen in the past when there's a massive rally or protest planned not many people show up except the hardcore activists which then the media has a field day with. The people who couldn't be arsed then use them, the unclothed hippy trouble makers, as an excuse to justify their apathy.

We are docile cause we have so good. We need bad times to get people off their increasing backsides and to start giving a dam.

Footy might be a great start since we invest so much emotional time towards it.

If people still buy their memberships to financially support their clubs BUT do not attend matches or watch them on the TV, then it will have a profound effect and where it will hurt most, in Vlad's hip pocket.

An empty ground will have no beer & hot dog sales so the people with the catering contract will be hemorraghing and therefore will be going off their tree at Vlad.

If TV ratings were to plummet, advertisers would be screaming blue murder a the TV stations (they've paid big bucks to access the national audience), the TV station would in turn go ballistic at Vlad (they have paid huge money for the rights) which in turn would have him & his team wondering what they can do before they are hit with lawsuits to get out of long-term contracts for non-compliance.

Agreed. I'm one who stopped going, and I know several others doing the same, but we are a very small minority, and the AFL continues to market the game to make it attractive to new audiences. I still support my club because they're part of my life, but I'll be stuffed if I support the AFL, they've stuffed up the game I used to love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back