Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Rate Fagan’s tenure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Me thinks young Fages lost his protective security blanket when old Chappy boy left.

No doubt Olsen asked Fages to be more focussed on the football side of the business, something he is not comfortable with. Prefers to be a bean counter in the background.

For me, his legacy won’t be about how he handled Phil’s passing. He was spineless and absent as our club was dragged through the mud throughout 2018 and 2019, much like his good mate Chappy. Watching him do sweet FA as he stood by and let others take the blame for the implosion is how I will remember his time here.

This is not a resignation/transition, it’s a firing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he was appointed, I had so much optimism
He's mostly done a good job. Perhaps been out of his depth the last two years, or he didn't have another big push in him after 5 years.

It's certainly time.

MatureFlickeringGypsymoth-max-1mb.gif

He's mostly done a good job. Perhaps been out of his depth the last two years, or he didn't have another big push in him after 5 years.

It's certainly time.
He did what Chapman wanted, which was to make the club bigger $ wise, but it came at the cost of the core product. Need to get back to focus on the most important thing, so hopefully whoever they hire does have a football background, so we don't fall into the same mistakes.

A wooden spoon year is a good time to take over a club
That's actually very true. Best time to start is when there's already a bit of momentum that you can harness and amplify, and get things rapidly improving.

Hallelujah. Riccuito, Reid and Hass next and the cleanse of incompetents will be complete.

Last edited:
No wonder we haven't heard from him for ages. Less and less over the last 12 months or longer. Has obviously been brewing for a while.
Yeah. The main thing I believe is he offered to go a year ago. He's been only just present since then.

No wonder we haven't heard from him for ages. Less and less over the last 12 months or longer. Has obviously been brewing for a while.
The transition out started 12 months ago... but the club kept it to themselves. .

Me thinks young Fages lost his protective security blanket when old Chappy boy left.

No doubt Olsen asked Fages to be more focussed on the football side of the business, something he is not comfortable with. Prefers to be a bean counter in the background.

For me, his legacy won’t be about how he handled Phil’s passing. He was spineless and absent as our club was dragged through the mud throughout 2018 and 2019, much like his good mate Chappy. Watching him do sweet FA as he stood by and let others take the blame for the implosion is how I will remember his time here.

This is not a resignation/transition, it’s a firing.

Walker is one of the biggest victims of this (aside from the organisation as a whole - the main victim), his reputation and standing in the game has been absolutely destroyed due to being one of the only ones who had the balls to constantly front up when we were at our lowest position.

Chapman and Fagan were both absolutely pathetic whenever the going got tough.

Back