Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Rate Fagan’s tenure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Roo could help the club more by not being a Director. Best thing he ever did was call out the Sando rubbish. If he wasn't conflicted by being on the board when all the camp nonsense was going on, he would have been on Triple M and Fox Footy calling out the Vic and SEN / Crocmedia journos and stuck it up them without fear or favour, and had the gravitas to make it stick.

Instead, as a Director, he was muzzled and any time that muzzle slipped, the response was outrage that a club Director would ever say such thing.

We need to boot him off the board, then let him have free reign again to support the club in the media, while also driving accountability over the club's performance and direction.
Essentially what he did before he was on the board, and for a little while in the beginning of his tenure

Roo could help the club more by not being a Director. Best thing he ever did was call out the Sando rubbish. If he wasn't conflicted by being on the board when all the camp nonsense was going on, he would have been on Triple M and Fox Footy calling out the Vic and SEN / Crocmedia journos and stuck it up them without fear or favour, and had the gravitas to make it stick.

Instead, as a Director, he was muzzled and any time that muzzle slipped, the response was outrage that a club Director would ever say such thing.

We need to boot him off the board, then let him have free reign again to support the club in the media, while also driving accountability over the club's performance and direction.

I agree whole heartedly with the premise, but I don’t know that he was muzzled,lost perspective, as well as lost touch with the everyday fan.

Quite frankly half the issue is he hasn’t been muzzled, instead been attacking any one who dares criticize his footy club.

I have no doubt his heart is in the right place, he loves the footy club and wants the best for the club. Unfortunately it’s very hard to admit that the best thing might be to step aside.

I agree whole heartedly with the premise, but I don’t know that he was muzzled,lost perspective, as well as lost touch with the everyday fan.

Quite frankly half the issue is he hasn’t been muzzled, instead been attacking any one who dares criticize his footy club.

I have no doubt his heart is in the right place, he loves the footy club and wants the best for the club. Unfortunately it’s very hard to admit that the best thing might be to step aside.
He wants what's best for him

Roo acting as a director and a radio commentator is a conflict of interest that is a ******* farce.

I understand other key figures at other clubs have done similar things but they knew to not run their bloody mouths quite so much about internal matters.
He has never been the most intelligent, old mumbles.

Can't see any reason Harley gives up the Sydney gig for us.
Well that's my thoughts too, he's one I reckon they club SHOULD have asked the question of though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see any reason Harley gives up the Sydney gig for us.
South Australian who wants to leave Sydney and move back home?

Although this is probably the exact reason some random would suggest (make up BS)he is a candidate, and in reality he isn't.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I can't see Harley moving back here. Well established in Sydney, is CEO of the Swans, and his wife is from there and very well established as a publisher and editor.

Would be a massive coup if we could make it happen.

Moreso than a caller to SEN, assuming they have any.

Comparing the credibility of callers to different radio stations seems about as useful as debating whos piss tastes better.

Regardless of the actual truth you shouldn't be drinking piss anymore than you should be listening to some random radio caller.

Comparing the credibility of callers to different radio stations seems about as useful as debating whos piss tastes better.

Regardless of the actual truth you shouldn't be drinking piss anymore than you should be listening to some random radio caller.
It was a joke......

Back