Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Rate Fagan’s tenure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess we will find out on Wednesday Night. At the Member Meeting. Along with the New Board Member.
Sure, but strange a large organisation like the Crows haven't clarified when Fagan walked out the door... if true.

Sure.

But being a CEO in a high performance sporting environment takes a lot more than knowing your way around a club. It takes a very particular skill base and Pittman hasn't ever done anything like that. He makes a portfolio of investments in small-to-medium mining and resources companies.

And yet he was endorsed by every man and his dog, including Wayne Jackson & Gillon to be chairman

It puts up there whatever you type into the "business name" field when you add another experience. You have to go back and uncheck boxes to stop it doing that automatically.

Source: it did that to me when I added something to LinkedIn a couple of weeks ago.

so he’s had 8 years in which to realise that looks a bit off, or to add another experience/qualification

I contend it’s more likely he thinks it looks cool, and doesn’t care that it’s misleading

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pittman would be earning three times as much at Taylor Collison than he would as Adelaide CEO. Why would he do it?
Not sure it'd be three times.

Assuming the Adelaide job is maybe $600k, I can't see him earning $1.8m managing mining investments.

so he’s had 8 years in which to realise that looks a bit off, or to add another experience/qualification

I contend it’s more likely he thinks it looks cool, and doesn’t care that it’s misleading
And that's fine too.

Not sure what other experience/qualification would go there though, considering he's been at Hawthorn for two decades.

Not sure it'd be three times.

Assuming the Adelaide job is maybe $600k, I can't see him earning $1.8m managing mining investments.
"managing mining investments" would just be the start. Add in his share of profit from Taylor Collison, add in the opportunities he gets from placements and other deals through his position. If he's not making at least $2m a year from the opportunities his role and position currently gets him, then I don't want him as CEO.

So who do we think will be new CEO? Back on topic.
Not Vozzo.

With Fagan seemingly gone, and Vozzo currently at an AFL club where giving notice is important, you would think we would be hearing rumours from Perth about him leaving by now.

I just hope it's someone who is both financially literate and driven for success.

Back