Roast Andrew Fagan's best football department

Remove this Banner Ad

Pyke did say at the grand final after match presser we lost because of lack of effort

It's looking like the players have not accepted his( very) public derision of them

Bollocks. Go watch the video. It’s such a copout to say it’s a lack of effort. You think the players decided to play four quarters in the game of their life but not put the effort in? I guess every team that plays Richmond at the G and gets flogged just decided that day to not put the effort in.

Bollocks. Go watch the video. It’s such a copout to say it’s a lack of effort. You think the players decided to play four quarters in the game of their life but not put the effort in? I guess every team that plays Richmond at the G and gets flogged just decided that day to not put the effort in.

Pyke was asked why didn't he make changes when we were losing and he said because the issue was lack of effort. He said it would of made no difference.

This is the coaches own words straight after the game.

he players are just being lazy and are spending too much time soaking in the limelight and not focusing on the game itself.
starts from the top... our home games have more promotions running than the home shopping channel.

"We pie as one" is completely tasteless, much like the product.

We've had two losses, with an injury list as bad as any I've seen before. I don't think it's time for wholesale changes just yet.

That's not to say I think we have the best football department though.
Thing is though, we have seen an injury list this bad before in the AFL. It was only a couple of years ago. That team.....the Brisbane Lions. Now, are there any similarities in what the Lions were doing as a club, to now what the Crows are doing as a club ??

But what does Blight say about it?

He called yesterdays game on afl Nation. He still very much an Adelaide boy.

What he did in 97 when our effort dropped after a series of cheating umpire calls in round 2 at the.mcg against Richmond, was target one player for thier lack of effort, one player only.

That was a backup ruckman and we had a number of players who could ruck

Turned out to be a master stroke because not only did the players never drop thier heads when the umpires started on us. But that guy ended up holding down chb in the granny

There’s no culture of accountability at the club. Yelling is meaningless if you don’t follow through. Why do you think Blight worked? The team needs a massive clean out in both players and in the football department, but it’s doubtful that will happen.

Holy s**t, I feel like I've written this post a thousand times. Spot fakkknn on, sir!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came within three quarters of a premiership, so close, and now this organisation is eating itself again.

**** sake.
Is it?
From what i read hear its a fair amount of posters creating a source of problem with the only evidence being the problem itself.

When was the last time Fagan addressed our club supporters ?
Has his messaging dropped off ?

Crows messaging on the whole is ******* terrible. Fagan’s included. I think they assume everyone watches the Crows Show.

Fagan is brilliant at some things. But media and comms is an area that has long been a bugbear of mine.

Came within three quarters of a premiership, so close, and now this organisation is eating itself again.

**** sake.
I also very much doubt it is. I still reckon there is a lot of high fiving and backslapping going on. The only department that can hold it's head high in my opinion is the drafting and recruitment team. They are basically the sole reason the club has done so well in the past 5 years.

What’s your beef with Fagans appointment?

I don't have a beef with his appointment specifically, but i have a big issue with our board.

That being said, shall we do a tally of successful key appointments under fagan vs bad ones?

"the right people in the right seats".
Hasn't happened.
It was scrawled on the white board his first day in the job and got half rubbed out by Claude the crow. Claude hurriedly corrected his boo boo but wrote
“bums on seats”.
In that he’s been successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back