Andrew Gaff - Best player from the 2010 draft?

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #1
Huge call given the awesomeness of Swallow, Bennell, Heppell as well but for me so far Gaff has surpassed all of these blokes and outside of WA he is flying under the radar big time.

I think people just see him as someone who is getting under the radar and getting a easy run on the wing but IMO there is much more to him then just that

His gut running is sublime. Not since Ben Cousins have I seen a player cover as much turf as Gaff does. He just doesnt stop running. Such a impressive thing to do at his age. Always running back to help out the defense. More then any other midfielder we have. He is great by foot too. Just the perfect player to have on a wing at Subiaco Oval. I dont think there is any player in the comp that runs more k's per game then he is atm.

Swallow for mine is top class but has a lower room for improvement + hasnt set the world alight this year thanks to injury. Bennell is flashy and pure class, but so far this season Gaff has outperformed anyone from the 2010 draft by some distance.

Just a superstar in the making

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kaiserchief13

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
He is having a pretty good year but he's a receiver at this point in time. If he wants to be better than the likes of Bennell and Swallow he has to be able to win contested ball. Wait another year or two for him to put on more bulk to judge them all.

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #5
True, but thought he has done enough to earn some main board praise really. He would be top 5 in Eagles best and fairest atm. Damn impressive for a bloke of 25 games experience

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
True, but thought he has done enough to earn some main board praise really. He would be top 5 in Eagles best and fairest atm. Damn impressive for a bloke of 25 games experience
Like him a lot, but I hate these threads with a passion. Let the opposition supporters make the threads.

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #7
I don't think his kicking is good enough to become the best player of the 2010 draft.
His kicking is top class. Id say he is in the best 5 users of the football in our team. Second best from the midfield outside of Shuey

TheUndertaker

The Phenom from Death Valley
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Jake Bachelor thread.

****ing gun seriously.

I rate Gaff though, seriously good players, gets a lot of the ball.

AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Best Wing in the AFL at the moment. Helps playing in a good side with lots of inside ball winners though. Spot on with his coverage of the ground though - amazing

Alexwce

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton
Should be in the All Australian side at the moment, among 6 or 7 other eagles. Absolute gun and no doubts the best player from the 2010 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #12
Like him a lot, but I hate these threads with a passion. Let the opposition supporters make the threads.
I just dont ever see it happening because the best things about him you dont witness on TV. The best thing about him is his gut running. Easily the hardest running player in the league atm. Its really a joy to watch him this season. My 2nd favorite player to watch outside of Naitanui for his sheer workrate

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I have a huge man crush on him, girlfriend is rightfully concerned :)

Hard to tell, I think it's a cracking draft though, got a glimpse of what Day is capable of haven't seen the best of Caddy or Polec yet.

Standouts so far - Gaff, Darling, Heppell, Swallow, Bennell, Conca and Batchelor.

Probably more a WCE board thread anyway.

AFL Club
Essendon
I just dont ever see it happening because the best things about him you dont witness on TV. The best thing about him is his gut running. Easily the hardest running player in the league atm. Its really a joy to watch him this season. My 2nd favorite player to watch outside of Naitanui for his sheer workrate
Watch Stanton and you will see the #1 runner in the game.

Gaff is a freak runner but Stanton has about 5 pre seasons on him.

Schuey's a far superior player imo but diff draft obviously. Bennell or Swallow would be my picks atm but far too early. Wouldn't surprise me to see Fasolo end up the best from that draft.

SirJimi05

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool fc
I don't think his kicking is good enough to become the best player of the 2010 draft.
He is a beautiful kick.

Thread is slightly premature. We won't know the answer to this for at least another 4-5 years.

Kid will be a gun tho, this much I am sure of.

Masto

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
We have had threads on Swallow and Bennell so I don't think this thread is premature because to date he has outplayed both of them.

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #20
Watch Stanton and you will see the #1 runner in the game.

Gaff is a freak runner but Stanton has about 5 pre seasons on him.

Schuey's a far superior player imo but diff draft obviously.
Good point. Hard to judge as I havnt seen Stanton live yet but Gaff will take some beating in the gut running stakes. All the more impressive as you say since hes only had 1 real pre season under his belt

SirJimi05

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool fc
I just dont ever see it happening because the best things about him you dont witness on TV. The best thing about him is his gut running. Easily the hardest running player in the league atm.
Nice way to contradict yourself, mate. :thumbsu:

Barnzy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Maybe so but Bennell has more scope for improvement and is a much more damaging player.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Swallow is such a powerful player and hits packs like a bloke with 10 years of senior footy behind him. He's the correct no. 1 pick IMO. Not much difference between Gaff, Bennell and Heppell.

ARRunner

Senior List
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Thundersticks, WASPS
Averaging 26 touches and 6 marks a game in your 2nd year, not a bad effort.

Crows4Flag

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Stanton, Sloane, Redden, Swan are all pretty up there in terms of running.

Gaffs probably my favourite from that draft though, after Brodie Smith ;)

Top Bottom