Andrew Gaff - Best player from the 2010 draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Lynch averages 1.94 while Darling averages 1.85 so yes Lynch does average more goals even if it is only slightly anyway you say Darling has had the better career you gotta remember that Lynch has had the massive disadvantage of playing for Gold Coast

Darling had one of the best forwards of the last decade playing by his side and taking his goals. He wasnt even the main target and out kicked Lynch who was.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Well Gaff is one of the quality mids, but a quality big man is worth more. It's like saying who would you pick out of Tom Mitchell or Ben Brown, most clubs would pick Ben Brown.
Yep, no way in hell you'd opt with a Brownlow medallist:rolleyes:

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
The thread is 6 years old mate, don’t get too worked up
Wasn't getting worked up at all mate , I obviously didn't view the first page.The Eagles did very well out of the 2010 draft with Gaff , Darling, Lycett , and indirectly Cripps came via the saints

Last edited:
Wasn't getting worked up at all mate , I obviously didn't view the first page.The Eagles did very well out of the 2010 draft with Gaff , Darling, Lycett , and indirectly Cripps came via the saints

You forgot this guy:

mcgovern-afl-grand-final-mark.jpg

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
Wasn't he 2011?Wikipedia have him as 2011 , It's wrong 2010 is right even better year . Funny thing i had Gov in my original post then googled to make sure i was right only to be told by wikipedia 2011 . So there you go should have stuck to the original .2010 was a very good year for the eagles recruiting team for sure.

Last edited:

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
Didn't stop Gary Ablett winning a Brownlow.
When you one of the very few good players in a team, It can actually make winning a Brownlow easier not harder.having said that the winners tend to come from teams who are going O.K.It always bemuses me why the umpires adjudication tends to favour the winning side . I have seen many games where the best player is clearly on the losing side.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Wasn't he 2011?Wikipedia have him as 2011 , It's wrong 2010 is right even better year . Funny thing i had Gov in my original post then googled to make sure i was right only to be told by wikipedia 2011 . So there you go should have stuck to the original .2010 was a very good year for the eagles recruiting team for sure.
We had just won the spoon. We were complete s**t that year. But after that draft I honestly thought we'd come close to making finals the next year. And we did. What an amazing draft. Darling went way later than he should have. He was a top 5 pick before he was caught with that girl in his tent at school camp.

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
We had just won the spoon. We were complete s**t that year. But after that draft I honestly thought we'd come close to making finals the next year. And we did. What an amazing draft. Darling went way later than he should have. He was a top 5 pick before he was caught with that girl in his tent at school camp.
Did you guys put that out there ? Conspiracy theory going on here;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
If Woosha was still our coach I doubt Gov would have gotten a look in.
Yeah maybe not , The old question footballers or athletes , Gov is a footballer not a athlete same with Barlow, Funny i prefer to watch footballers , Always liked Gov, But i am a Claremont man from way back .

I think the AFL rookie drafts used to be held much later than the national draft, and were named for the following year. So the 2010 national draft and 2011 rookie draft are in the same off season. I don’t know if at some point they’ve retrospectively realigned them.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
We really don't need 3 drafts any more. Just give each club a list of 45 and one big draft. If you want to draft 18 year olds, recycled players, mature age state league players have at it.

Darling > Lynch in their first 3 years, Lynch > Darling since. Darling 2018 and Lynch 2016 clearly their best seasons.

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
And to think he could have been Jared Polec.

Remember the SA media and Polec’s coaches before the draft trying to pump up his tyres so that West Coast would have to draft him.

2010 draft will go down in club folklore.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Brodie Smith > McDonald over their careers so far.
Would have him over Heppell and Lynch too.. those two are more potential than actual performance.

I don't rate Heppell super highly he hasn't been top 10/20 mid since his AA year but I don't see how anyone could say he's more potential than performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back