Andrew Gaff - Best player from the 2010 draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch Stanton and you will see the #1 runner in the game.

Gaff is a freak runner but Stanton has about 5 pre seasons on him.

Schuey's a far superior player imo but diff draft obviously. Bennell or Swallow would be my picks atm but far too early. Wouldn't surprise me to see Fasolo end up the best from that draft.

Watched him all night when we played you (better than watching the action that night), i have a real appreciation for players who run all day, hence my love for guys like Cousins, Gaff, Blacky and Harvey who never stopped running.

But yes Stanton is definitely the best runner in the league at the minute, didn't watch your game this weekend, but Scully did a good job up to the last qtr from reports.

We have had threads on Swallow and Bennell so I don't think this thread is premature because to date he has outplayed both of them.

Don't know about the Swallow one but the Bennell one wasn't started by a GC supporter.

But yes Stanton is definitely the best runner in the league at the minute, didn't watch your game this weekend, but Scully did a good job up to the last qtr from reports.

Scully is a good matchup for Stanton as he also has an enormous tank.

Reading this thread has me drowning in hyperbole.

Looks like he'll be very good, but is probably a way off the Judd and Cousins level. Shuey might make it though.

Definitely benefits from playing one the wide open spaces of Subi every second week, can use his pace and endurance to maximum effect. Very clean hands today, made Freo's midfielders look like amateurs.

Definitely cannot say he is top of his draft yet, as he has Priddis, Kerr, Rosa, Selwoods, Shuey garnering attention ahead of him, allowing him to run free.

Bennell, Swallow and arguably Conca , Polec and Heppell haven't had quite the same luxury.

???

I think gut running goes unrewarded for alot of young players. Its not till you do it for 5 seasons + do you get appreciation for it. Just look at Brent Stanton for proof of that. Only this year has he finally got the kudos he deserves

"Unless you are at the ground live you don't have a clear understanding of Gaff's gut running ability"

"Gaff is easily the best gut runner in the competition"

So other people don't have an understanding about Gaff's gut running because they don't get to see him live, yet you are so certain he is easily the best gut runner in the comp despite the fact there would be tons of players you never see live.

Good to see your own rules don't apply to yourself.

"Unless you are at the ground live you don't have a clear understanding of Gaff's gut running ability"

"Gaff is easily the best gut runner in the competition"

So other people don't have an understanding about Gaff's gut running because they don't get to see him live, yet you are so certain he is easily the best gut runner in the comp despite the fact there would be tons of players you never see live.

Good to see your own rules don't apply to yourself.

One of the best means he is in the top 5. Not numero uno though. Ive seen enough teams play this season + a few Freo games as well to know no one bar Kade Simpson vs Carlton has shown anything close to the same level of hard running as Gaff has all year. Its a safe assumption to say Gaff is in the top few based on the fact ive only seen one player match him this season

I'd take Swallow over Gaff. But I reckon Gaff is a beauty. Would look amazing in the Richmond midfield (if it weren't for compromised drafts I imagine he would play for us).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His the best pick West Coast got from the draft :thumbsu: i think Swallow lays claim to the best but and i rate Heppell way up there.

Just pleased that GC went with the KPF Day over midfielder Gaff. Otherwise we'd probabaly have ended up with Jared Polec.

His gut running is a massive advantage especially at home, finds space well and disposal is very good. See him being a Dal Santo type player at least

You might want to give Sam Day a few more years to develop because he's a KPP.
Watch Stanton and you will see the #1 runner in the game.
Get back to me when Stanton has players smashing into him and hanging off him like Judd who is in packs and running hard for four quarters.

Ratten said Walker is up there with Craig Bradley for endurance.

You might want to give Sam Day a few more years to develop because he's a KPP.

Get back to me when Stanton has players smashing into him and hanging off him like Judd who is in packs and running hard for four quarters.

Ratten said Walker is up there with Craig Bradley for endurance.

Ratten said Bryce Gibbs was going to step up a couple of notches this year and challenge for the best player at your club :cool:

Stanton would run Judd into the ground.

Who else was in that draft?

Most noteable ones:

Swallow
Bennell
Day (has barely played yet)
Gaff
Polec
Conca
Caddy
Heppell
Prestia
Ben Jacobs
Brodie Smith
Isaac Smith
Atley
Wallis
Darling
Batchelor
Howe
Parker
Liberatore
Fasolo
Duigan

So I'd have Swallow, Bennell and Darling as the challengers atm.

Gaff doesn't come close to Swallow.

Has a great tank and is left alone to run around where he likes, he's an accurate kick with average penetration.

Will end up being a great player but nothing overtly special right now for a midfielder picked at 4 (he's no steal like Luke Parker at pick 40!) playing in a top side where other mids are being tagged.

So far based on the draft and list above

1. Gaff
2. Darling
- Gap
3. Heppell
4. Bennell
5. Swallow
6. Parker
7. Prestia

The rest

So far based on the draft and list above

1. Gaff