Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

="pantskyle, post: 52525518, member: 50036"]I stake your life on it.

He's better than Masten off a wing. At least he can dodge a tackle and be
break the lines with his run and carry.

As mentioned he is steadily improving and if we needed a cheapish Gaff replacement he's worth a punt IMO.

And Simo and Mitchell would know.

Stop bullying me on facebook.

This is you fellas:

1018383.jpg

Homer-Abasi: "Four years, four years, four years..."

He has missed one game since basically mid 2011, and that was because of a dog act.

You won't have to worry about durability or lack of consistency with him. Is also perhaps the best two way runner in the AFL (out of necessity with turtles like Priddis in the team) which does cancel out lack of tackles to an extent.

Is probably braver and tough than most people would think (think durable, plays through niggles and can back into packs.) and can win his own ball when required, although it clearly isn't a strength and you wouldn't recruit him for that.

He isn't slow either, but isn't lightning fast like your Hill brothers for example and obviously. Footskills are not bad, can have the odd game where he can be like a dodgy sprinkler with kicking, but his best (2015) is quite good.

if you have the inside grunt already, and you need a very consistent player to be the outside linkman, he would be a seriously good get.

There's also a difference between exploring a move and a walk out. Ryan O'Keefe was supposed to be a Hawk at one point, and ended up a Norm Smith Medalist for Sydney against Hawthorn. You see it in soccer all the time with their bizarre system of transfer windows overlapping seasons. Philippe Coutinho was Barcelona-bound and not in the Liverpool squad a week or two ago. Give him a few games and he'll be regularly their best player again.

In Gaff's case he's just finished his 7th season and is in his 3rd contract with us. He's not some homesick 19 year old. I imagine he has a house, partner, circle of friends etc. here now. There's a long list of non-WA recruits who've joined WC and never left Perth after retiring. I don't begrudge him exploring his options for the future if he is. He's given us good service and isn't bound to stay in Perth or at the club forever. If he was a dud he would've been de-listed anyway, so it's a two way street. If he "demanded a trade home" this year I'd be annoyed, though. Too much of that going on.

Andrew Gaff just 6 weeks ago settled on a beautiful house that he moved into in Mt Hawthorn so dont think he is leaving WA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this on the Hawks board when I should have put it here. Am I the only one who thinks Andrew Gaff looks a hell of lot like young Peter Gabriel(from Genesis and solo work)? I like Peter Gabriel and I like Andrew Gaff and want him at the Hawks. Please. Thank you!View attachment 418322
Don't give up.

Wish I could cuddle Kate Bush for that long. :(

If thats true then Saints are in a much better position to get a deal done as they have some trade currency.

Cant see the Hawks being able to come up with anything that would appease WC.
People seriously underestimate how many different ways clubs can get deals done. If he wants to come to the Hawks and the Eagles are willing to let him go while he is contracted we would manage to get a deal done.

Andrew Gaff just 6 weeks ago settled on a beautiful house that he moved into in Mt Hawthorn so dont think he is leaving WA
Is it just me - or is it just a little bit gross that we know the real estate activities of players now? It gets a bit New Idea/Women's Weekly on the trade forum at this time of year.

People seriously underestimate how many different ways clubs can get deals done. If he wants to come to the Hawks and the Eagles are willing to let him go while he is contracted we would manage to get a deal done.

Go on then enlighten me with some realistic suggestions !
You don't have the draft picks so what would you propose ?

Our future first round draft pick would be pretty close to the mark i would have thought. Would at the very least be a good starting point.

Our future first round draft pick would be pretty close to the mark i would have thought. Would at the very least be a good starting point.

Thats not going to help us in the here and now, rather keep Gaff for the year and take what we get in compensation at the end of next season, if he moves on.
If we were a bottom six side then banking future first rounders may be of some interest but we are not a bottom six side.

Talk on the Hawks board about player movements out. The likes of Frawley and Isac Smith mentioned. Both could land a 1st round pick.

Allegedly Hartung being courted by the Eagles could be the sweetener.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back